Post-Onslaught update!

Game director Keith poped up in the forums to give us a review of Onslaught and plans for the near future including crafting changes!
    https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971484

Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:
    Life Day returns and has new items for you to enjoy.
    It’s our 8th year anniversary, so the vendor will have some new items.
    We’re adding new missions on Mek-Sha, including new heroics.
    You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.
    Ranked Season 12 for our PvP players begins and winners from last season will get their well-deserved rewards.
    Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

We have Game Update 6.1 planned for early 2020 making its PTS debut in December.

way too little and way too late... the 6.0.1 didn't even do everything that was listed (like that daily that need logs to find, the last one has been bugged since day 1, supposed to be corrected and... still bugged, swtor's story is repeating haha)
    close to 2 monthes for so little
    blizzard would have made twice those changes on hotfix on the first 2 weeks >_<

and I doubt they are doing enough to crafting to make it viable again ^^

Err... too little to late for... you?! This xpac has been very well received by the community.

This is not WoW. It never had the financing and developer support post launch that WoW has. But, it doesn't stop it from being a very fun game to play, unlike present WoW and with much better story-telling.

But, if you read the post i linked, you would know that is being fixed on the 14th of this month. There is a bug fix patch being deployed. What you saw on my quote is in addition to that.

I guess you don't keep up with SWTOR, but the point of this thread was to show what's upcoming and how the SWTOR dev team is communicating in a way it never has before. Things are looking up for the game.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-11 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Err... too little to late for... you?! This xpac has been very well received by the community.
    As well received as it was, it was still tiny and absolutely rife with bugs.

It gives me hope for the future, in that the game will HAVE a future, but that's about all it did for me was provide confidence that it won't be getting shut down.

None of what they did with the gearing was exciting to me. I honestly couldn't really care less about the tactical stuff...I won't be grinding anything out in order to get the perfect tactical set to take on the almost non-existent end-game. The removal of the Command XP system and implementation of it's cousin the Renown system was great, but still not all that spectacular as all it does is provide gear that I don't really even need, it just means that any gear I do get will be useful, which is nice.

The story is still where they shine, but I understand that they won't be able to churn that kind of content out regularly and have to have the MMO fallback grinds. But I don't participate in that stuff at all. I've already cancelled my sub and likely won't be returning again until the next major patch hits to see whatever 2-3 hour story bits they implement. The rest of it, I really don't care as their end game is pretty awful.

Hmm as always people can't understand when an mmo doesn't do the same thing as WoW. No end-game huh? Well, except the whole game is end-game. You play it cause it's fun. You play whatever you want to play. There are rewards for specific content and there are HM raids that are very challenging. But, you don't need to run them. You can run whatever you find fun and progress.
    The latest OP has unique rewards, but this game is designed differently, and i'm not gonna say it does it wrong. It does it in it's unique way. They did go for something more of a looter shooter feel.

Anyways, this was about exciting news that the crafting is being changed and new stuff is coming. there is a different thread to talk about what you thought of the xpac.

I picked it up again to see Kira and Scourge finally coming back, but it was sadly just more of the same beyond that. Ill buy another month when the first story patch comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Hmm as always people can't understand when an mmo doesn't do the same thing as WoW. No end-game huh? Well, except the whole game is end-game. You play it cause it's fun. You play whatever you want to play. There are rewards for specific content and there are HM raids that are very challenging. But, you don't need to run them. You can run whatever you find fun and progress.
    The latest OP has unique rewards, but this game is designed differently, and i'm not gonna say it does it wrong. It does it in it's unique way. They did go for something more of a looter shooter feel.
    Building a system to stretch the content to make the entire game provide level appropriate rewards at level cap isn't really end game, IMO. It's content you've already seen while leveling up, it's not content you didn't or couldn't do until the end game...it's just been re-purposed to give level appropriate rewards. That's not the same thing as an end game.

Especially for someone like me who's been playing this game since launch, have multiple characters from each faction and class at max level, and has seen everything in this game. Telling me the stuff I've been playing for years is the current "end game" is a little crazy.

The system is honestly great, as it does allow anyone to make progress any way they want. That's a novel approach and I can appreciate it as it keeps the entire game relevant. My point is that the Heroics and Flashpoints and Operations I've already seen dozens, if not hundreds, of times is no longer content I have any desire to play again for the sake of progressing my character who doesn't have any need to get higher level rewards because I can already participate in the "end game" content.

Anyways, this was about exciting news that the crafting is being changed and new stuff is coming. there is a different thread to talk about what you thought of the xpac.
    Fair enough. My point was that, IMO, it's not really that exciting.

I did Eternity Vault for the first in early 2013 if memory serves, I did it last week as well. Both times was for end game content/gear. Star Wars fans are a special breed as that would be like doing Dragon Soul or Firelands on a frequent basis since they were released. I wish this game was so much more than what it is, but between the shit tier engine that it was built upon, and EA not really caring to invest a ton of money in the game despite SWTOR apparently doing decently, its as good as we're going to get until they lose the license and someone tries again.

So... why didn't you do Dxun? Eternity vault is no more end-game than the weekly dailies in Onderon. The whole game is end-game in a way. If there is something that qualifies is Dxun cause of the unique set bonuses it drops.

I actually like when games use the whole breath of their content rather than just the latest thing over and over and over. Actually, WoW is the only mmo i know that does that. That people accept it as the norm is what is amazing to me.

Not that i wouldn't love more content. But then make that point, rather than lead in with a fallacy. As to why people do it, it's cause the classes are fun to play.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-20 at 12:34 AM.