Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What do you play? Honestly I have a hard time with the melee classes I play, most of the time you're just auto attacking and waiting.

APM for the majority of specs is below even FFXIV levels and people find that slow.
    having played ff14 reborn* this is a bold faced lie

Classic keeps me playing. I'm not even 60 yet.

it's always amusing to see those that rushed to 60, or rush to complete anything in WoW, complain about being bored.

Same Lvl 44 priest

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Sadly, there's nothing better around.

Wish i could leave this ancient relic behind but none of its competitors are worth my time and money.
    Final Fantasy XIV is actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Maybe but the difference here is, retail actually has content, classic does not.
    Then again I've done it a few times befor. It's an old version after all.
    Sounds like you should stay in retail both in the game and on the forums, bye.

I like having some goals to go for and having fun with my guild. I also like how big the world feels and that there is no instanced content other than dungeons and raids.

What do you play? Honestly I have a hard time with the melee classes I play, most of the time you're just auto attacking and waiting.

APM for the majority of specs is below even FFXIV levels and people find that slow.
    Rogue.

I just remember in all the dozens and dozens of UBRS runs, I kinda found myself enjoying the whole energy management playstyle. And once I had Krol Blade, I really liked seeing all those bigger numbers land. And it was the whole thing, watching my dude dodge when the attack dodged, spin strike when evis landed, it was just cool. As I get better gear it's even cooler.

Raid logging once a week for a couple hours a week... Get summoned to tribute for buffs, hearth SW for Ony head, cbf Songflower and then around 1.5 - 2 hours total for MC and Ony.

That's all I have to do to improve my character really. It's pretty boring.

Autism?
    OCD?

edit: Thought I'd add before I get infracted I'm talking about myself lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah when I need constant unending attention to abilities I get on retail lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    making gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    having played ff14 reborn* this is a bold faced lie
    CPM on FFXIV average around 35ish, with a range of 30 on something like BLM to 51 on something like NIN

Classic is lower with most classes/specs below 30 CPM and Warrior being the outlier with 40-50 CPM

This is specifically in raiding, YMMV in dungeons.

CPM on FFXIV average around 35ish, with a range of 30 on something like BLM to 51 on something like NIN

Classic is lower with most classes/specs below 30 CPM and Warrior being the outlier with 40-50 CPM

This is specifically in raiding, YMMV in dungeons.
    It's a longer GCD and the most basic kit imaginable with almost no out of class binds....

Literally the only thing you do in that game is basically synchronized dancing around reticles. With a terrible delay

It's a longer GCD and the most basic kit imaginable with almost no out of class binds....

Literally the only thing you do in that game is basically synchronized dancing around reticles. With a terrible delay
    You could use that exact same argument for WoW. It's even more rudimentary in class design and rotation, and instead of reticles it's different shapes of AoE.

Also, the fact that you think classes are super simple and don't have that level of APM and the fact that you haven't gotten past the phase of the game where mechanics are simple AoE telegraphs tells me you really shouldn't be talking about a game you probably didn't reach beyond 50 on.
    Your bias is showing. If you don't like a game that's fine but at least try to have some self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    You could use that exact same argument for WoW. It's even more rudimentary in class design and rotation, and instead of reticles it's different shapes of AoE.

Also, the fact that you think classes are super simple and don't have that level of APM and the fact that you haven't gotten past the phase of the game where mechanics are simple AoE telegraphs tells me you really shouldn't be talking about a game you probably didn't reach beyond 50 on.
    Your bias is showing. If you don't like a game that's fine but at least try to have some self-awareness.
    APM in a game with GCD's....APM isn't a metric anyone cares about

The GCD is slower and the kit is minuscule....You don't know anything about classic wow

Game was literally designed so Japanese dudes could sit there smoking with one hand while they play lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, just quit. After playing pvt servers for so long this was one time too many.

What also doesn't help is that because of Batching the game feels laggy and unresponsive and is actually a way worse experience than any pvt server I did play in the past 5 years, sad really. As for the community, sure it's good, but nothing better than pvts either. I'm just kinda done with the game I guess, can't keep playing the same old thing after all.

When everyone in my guild was super hyped about killing domo in 20sec, or clearing MC in x amount of time, with everyone flasking in MC, and I was like wth would I waste my gold/time on that, I knew it was time to move on.

rip wow classic until 80 years old dream

the kit is minuscule....
    Now that's just a flat out lie.

Dagger rogue rotation: Backstab, keep slice and dice up, that's it... only time you can hit anything else is under AR when you MIGHT have the Energy to hit Eviscerate.
    2 buttons outside of CDs TWO

average "rotation" for FF is between 9 and 14 buttons. GCD doesn't even matter because you fill many of your GCDs with oGCDs.

It's ok to like Classic combat, but it's mostly just waiting for resources and autoing.

Not much, I don't enjoy it as much as I did 14 years ago.

I didn't consume the content like a crack addict in the FBI's drug locker.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing keeping me playing is that there is an active guild with people I like, and I'm doing some raiding with them. The game itself, to put it frankly, is not very good. I honestly believe that if I had the same kind of community in retail (minus the snobs who bash retail every chance they get), I'd have more fun.

I do find something funny. Two of my friends were all gung ho about classic and consistent retail bashers. Both of them effectively quit about a month ago while I, the one who was always skeptical of classic, am still playing.
    Last edited by Robozerim; 2019-11-10 at 01:25 AM.

APM in a game with GCD's....APM isn't a metric anyone cares about

The GCD is slower and the kit is minuscule....You don't know anything about classic wow

Game was literally designed so Japanese dudes could sit there smoking with one hand while they play lol
    I feel like I overestimated you when I said you didn't get past 50. I think I need to lower that to like, 20-30.

You're doing the equivalent of someone trying out WoW, playing to level 20 and saying that the game sucks because the combat's just two buttons. Do you realize how silly that is?