Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't feel like playing BFA and no other MMO compares to WoW (my opinion stop trying to force FF down ppls throat).
    So i'm just playing some dungeons and doing MC/Ony weekly.
    Also slowly leveling some alts on rested XP.

Technically I stopped playing. I did dabble for a while but it's hard to get back into classic.

What kept me playing (why I didn't quit immediately, etc) was the community was more welcoming, friendly... and you know, actually talked. Crazy, right? That an MMORPG actually felt like an MMORPG instead of a single player game.

But, it's not really enough by itself. I'm burned out by classic's mechanics even though it's been fun exploring the world. I'll keep dabbling, but it's not going to replace retail for me. TBC and/or WotLK would have longer lasting effects for me because those expansions fine tuned Classic's antiquated mechanics into something pretty enjoyable. But there's no guarantee that even has a chance of happening. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    waiting for AV
    Well, AV would be a big seller for me too. The fact it's not here yet makes playing a bit unexciting for me after all.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Sounds like you should stay in retail both in the game and on the forums, bye.
    I'm happy staying right here.

That I actually enjoy the world, and universe therein that was WoW before poor writing, scripted gatekeeping, class destruction and complete isolation of players from each other happened. Yep. Like playing Diablo 3 compared to Diablo 2, or Path of Exile. One is made for theme park simple enjoyment and the others aren't.
    We both know you're wrong, I'm just louder than your quiet conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    guess I'll have an army for the inevitable TBC classic lol....
    Then get bored with that, and get those alts ready for the inevitable WotLK classic...then Cata...then...Well it's a slippery slope. Soon we'll have Retail and then Classic of every expansion up to retail.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Not had time to play properly, no lifed it back in the day but now work multiple 12 hour shifts per week, 41 hunter a few alts I use when rested xp is capped. Enjoying it though but will not get the time for a long while to do what I did back then.

Arena 3s. ......

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm happy staying right here.
    retail must not be very good if you are staying here trashing classic and talking up retail instead of playing it...

You realize that people that have real life haven't reached lvl 60 right?

There is no content drought, you just play way too much

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    retail must not be very good if you are staying here trashing classic and talking up retail instead of playing it...
    I'm not playing any of them right now.
    Time zones, work, all that and stuff makes it hard to play with my guild.

No idea what you are talking about. I have a 41 paladin and a lvl 20 rogue. Since im a grown ass man with lots of other obligations and stuff to do, I have more than enough to do in classic :P

But I decided long before classic launched that I would take my time. I have no stress nor need to reach 60 quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I feel like I overestimated you when I said you didn't get past 50. I think I need to lower that to like, 20-30.

You're doing the equivalent of someone trying out WoW, playing to level 20 and saying that the game sucks because the combat's just two buttons. Do you realize how silly that is?
    I did the first 4 turns at a world progression level... Lol

My swtor guilf started doing both. While I admit I was never an expert. Only played a few months on reborn launch. But it had built in half sec delay. Pvp was terrible. The only thing complex about the encounters was basic movement

Trust me I've played both games at a much higher level than you.

Wow has a much larger kit. I have 100 binds on vanilla paladin lol

Yesterday I was playing my little warlocks who was level 22. I was in Stormwind. I got a tell from someone asking if I wanted to run Deadmines. I'd been trying to get into a Deadmines group for several days. I said yes and hopped over to Westfall. We had a group of a druid tank, priest healer, dps warrior and two warlocks. It was a lot of fun with few wipes. The other warlock and I kept the soulstones up and I even got the Emberstone Staff. So that's one example of why I'm still playing Classic and expect to be playing indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    With phase 2 starting on Tues. Bringing the much needed honor system for pvpers. What has kept you playing all along?

After raids fell through (did some MC but was bored out of my mind) and the 20th run through all the dungeons I've found the only thing I can really enjoy in Classic is alt leveling atm, i just level alt after alt after alt... guess I'll have an army for the inevitable TBC classic lol....

But what keeps YOU playing?
    I play because i actually enjoy the shit out of every aspect of the game. Between alts, farming, completing sets, raiding and soon™ battlegrounds, i'm pretty sure i'm set at least until Shadowlands, and probably even further.

They got me until this first 'cycle' which i'm guessing is 2 years. After that it will depend on if its a reboot with a new cycle or expanding features or what not, or just moving to TBC.

I’m still level 27. Casually leveling with some friends, enjoying the trip. Not a fan of outdated mechanics though but it’s a MMORPG which retail isn’t. Wish we can get BC or Wrath later in a couple of years / half a decade.

I am mostly raid logging at this point with my druid. Can't wait for bgs and pvp to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    While I admit I was never an expert. Only played a few months on reborn launch.
    So you haven't played since ARR launch? Then why the hell are you commenting on the current live game?
    I've been playing since ARR and the game is completely unrecognizable from that design, average rotations have something like 15-20 keybinds regularly used and that's not even including situational abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    So you haven't played since ARR launch? Then why the hell are you commenting on the current live game?
    I've been playing since ARR and the game is completely unrecognizable from that design, average rotations have something like 15-20 keybinds regularly used and that's not even including situational abilities.
    Because agian it was designed for dudes to play while smoking

They didn't add in enough to have 100 binds. Not even close

The pvp was so beyond terrible. You're delusional. I know Square* and japanese devs that's how

BUILT IN HALF SECOND DELAY? WHO DOES THAT/ lol.
    Last edited by Mukind; 2019-11-10 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Because agian it was designed for dudes to play while smoking

They didn't add in enough to have 100 binds. Not even close

The pvp was so beyond terrible. You're delusional. I know Square* and japanese devs that's how

BUILT IN HALF SECOND DELAY? WHO DOES THAT/ lol.
    Are you just binding things to bind them? Even with downranking you don't bind EVERY rank of heals. There's no way you legit have 100binds.

BTW, yes, ShB is an entirely different playstyle than then ARR, and that "built in half second delay" was 300ms and is gone, has been for many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm level 38 on my first character still and I'm struggling to keep playing. It's the polar opposite of BfA; it's TOO much of a slog. They didn't hit the sweet spot until late BC/WotLK regarding levelling speed and gameplay.