Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    So Robin Hood was?
    A myth.

Bastion embodies only one aspect of valour, an extreamly ordered and regimented version of it. But our own history is littered with many valourus individuals who would in no way be suited to a place like bastion.
    Name one.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    A myth.

Name one.
    Pritty much any hero who's stood against or was culturally against strict regimentation.

George Washington
    Salahadin
    Gengis Khan
    Sitting bull
    Boudica

Bastion is a very romanised regimented interpretation of what martial valour is, any one who hates regimentation and conformaty would hate being sent to bastion.

Also to go to bastion you don't just need to be good but valourus. Where do all the good farmers go? Oh yea somewhere else that's not shown in the expansion.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-11 at 03:06 PM.

Imagine being an orc, dying, going to the Shadowlands, being put into Bastion, and then slowly ascending to become a Kyrian... and then you forever look like a human. Must be the ultimate punishment.
    We don't know if all Kyrians look like that. Likewise not many orcs are going to be going to the Kyrians because it doesn't suit most of them. Orcs are not subservient and orderly by nature. I doubt Uther magically looks like a Kyrian as we've seen in the screenshots, but he probably has Kyrian-like armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to go to bastion you don't just need to be good but valourus. Where do all the good farmers go? Oh yea somewhere else that's not shown in the expansion.
    Apparently they go somewhere in these four areas, because we're going to run into Mankrik's wife...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Apparently they go somewhere in these four areas, because we're going to run into Mankrik's wife...
    Well, if a certain story is to be believed...
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

We don't know if all Kyrians look like that. Likewise not many orcs are going to be going to the Kyrians because it doesn't suit most of them. Orcs are not subservient and orderly by nature. I doubt Uther magically looks like a Kyrian as we've seen in the screenshots, but he probably has Kyrian-like armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Some do some don't, it might be common, might be rare, it the point I'm trying to get through to the op that this is just 4 small parts of the Shadowlands that's infinatly vast and as bastion embodies tbst very regimented, boot step, Roman legion zenth of law and order it's not likly gonna have alot of issues with making orcs blue very often. (even if most Orc souls over the last 300years hadnt been consumed by the void or burnt up in fel magic anyway)

Also alot of people seem to have it a bit backwards, the Kyrians came first, so the vrykul and thus humans look like Kyrians not the other way around. Likely the titans modeled the vrykul on the Kyrians.

Some do some don't, it might be common, might be rare, it the point I'm trying to get through to the op that this is just 4 small parts of the Shadowlands that's infinatly vast and as bastion embodies tbst very regimented, boot step, Roman legion zenth of law and order it's not likly gonna have alot of issues with making orcs blue very often. (even if most Orc souls over the last 300years hadnt been consumed by the void or burnt up in fel magic anyway)

Also alot of people seem to have it a bit backwards, the Kyrians came first, so the vrykul and thus humans look like Kyrians not the other way around. Likely the titans modeled the vrykul on the Kyrians.
    I just feel like it's more likely that most of the Kyrians are vrykul. They've been around longer and are the best suited to the role. Same with the fae creatures sharing traits that the night elves have, alongside their allies. Not even gonna try to explain Maldraxxus since everyone's pretty bare bones there anyways. No idea on vampire land, but they seem fairly elven and I doubt that's a coincidence.

I just feel like it's more likely that most of the Kyrians are vrykul. They've been around longer and are the best suited to the role. Same with the fae creatures sharing traits that the night elves have, alongside their allies. Not even gonna try to explain Maldraxxus since everyone's pretty bare bones there anyways. No idea on vampire land, but they seem fairly elven and I doubt that's a coincidence.
    Vampire land is for the vain, selfish and egotistical.

Maldraxis is the army of the Shadowlands so probly has a much wider catchment area than the other 3 but easentialy takes in those who are stubborn, ruthless and bloody minded.

Bastion is the land of martial order and valour, it takes in those who are warriors with stoic and regimented traits.

Ardenwald is for those who are in tune with nature and the natural order it could possibly be only for Azeroth though and each World has its own "nature death" realm.

Night elves are an odd one, as most night elves become wisps when they die and stay on azeroth near world trees.

But there not unique in avoiding the Shadowlands. The Dreani store the souls of there dead in crypt like structures such achindoun.

And the trolls all go to bwonsamdis realm no matter how good or bad they were as zalazane went to bwonsamdi which is where senjin is said to be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Sexless spirits, not hermaphrodites
    @Kyphael The word you're both looking for is androgynous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Apparently Kyrians are for basic bitches.
    Ch. It's only basic if you consider having your freedom, being a healer, not being tormented in the dreary hell zones and being on the side of order to be "basic".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yes you can. Orcs are all about strength, survival of the fittest, bringing their own clan fortune, glory and "honor", as well as giving into blood lust if needed. The few orc shamans that feel a strong sense of reverence to the elements and would sacrifice themselves to protect them probably care bugger all if they look like humans. The rawr-smash-retards with delusions of racial supremacy clearly don't belong into bastion in the first place. I very much doubt we will meet garrosh there (though that might also be because he is in another timeline).
    Orcs used to be more tribal and shamanistic, valuing family and society and honor. That only changed because of Gul'dan and the demon blood. So some of the orc souls from prior to the change in orcs might have been able to go to Bastion.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

*Looks at Anduin Lothar and Uther*

Oh?

Do we know of any orc who has been sent to Bastion?

For all we know, there could be another afterlife for orc warriors, in which they all drink and challenge each other to Mak'goras forever, and we're just not visiting that one in Shadowlands.

But I get the argument, trying to funnel the many different cultures of Azeroth and other worlds into a handful of afterlives with their own themes doesn't sound logical, appealing or respectful, no matter how many of these afterlives there may be.

We don't know if all Kyrians look like that.
    Yeah we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    For all we know, there could be another afterlife for orc warriors, in which they all drink and challenge each other to Mak'goras forever, and we're just not visiting that one in Shadowlands.
    Most likely. From what we've seen most trolls certainly don't belong in any of these covenants, yet we know Bwonsamdi collects these souls for his boss. We also know that guys like Odyn and Helya made their own little pseudo-shadowlands. I could actually see them recontextualizing Helya here as well, as someone that saves these souls from the "broken shadowlands". For all we know Auchindoun served a similar purpose.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Most likely. From what we've seen most trolls certainly don't belong in any of these covenants, yet we know Bwonsamdi collects these souls for his boss. We also know that guys like Odyn and Helya made their own little pseudo-shadowlands. I could actually see them recontextualizing Helya here as well, as someone that saves these souls from the "broken shadowlands". For all we know Auchindoun served a similar purpose.
    Or his boss is just the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaksauce On Rice View Post
    The word you're both looking for is androgynous.
    No, sexless is appropriate. Angels have no sex, just as stones or stars have no sex. Androgynous means that they have visual traits of both sexes, that it is hard or impossible to determine by looks whether they are male or female. But they are simply sexless spirits in Judaeo-Christian thought. When they appear to humans (or in art), they might appear as multi-headed animals, as wheels with eyes, or as humans with wings. If the latter, they may appear male, female or androgynous, whatever they want. But they are sexless.
    In order to be androgynous you need to have a body. And they have none.

Imagine being an orc, dying, going to the Shadowlands, being put into Bastion, and then slowly ascending to become a Kyrian... and then you forever look like a human. Must be the ultimate punishment.
    Have you seen how Orc acts and behave. im sure no Orc have to worry about ending up as Kyrian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    So it can also be probable that when we see Uther in Bastion will be a big blue smurf.

But most important in maldraxxus we will see draka like a big walking skeleton then.
    I really doubt it. It seems that ascension is a long process. Uther is in the Shadowlands since only the end of WotLK. He must still be an adept or whatever they call that state. As for Drakka, she has been there for a longer time, so maybe she will have some undead form. However, she will still be recognisable, or else there is no point of integrating her. Also, all these transformations seems to imply lots of anima and there's a drought of that.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"