Leveling in Shadowlands - no specialization?

I don't remember where I read or heard this, but I seem to recall someone saying a dev had said that specializations would not be important while leveling and would probably only matter in endgame. And that players would have more or less all class abilities available.

Can anyone clarify this? Will leveling return to hybridization or make specs irrelevant until endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    I don't remember where I read or heard this, but I seem to recall someone saying a dev had said that specializations would not be important while leveling and would probably only matter in endgame. And that players would have more or less all class abilities available.

Can anyone clarify this? Will leveling return to hybridization or make specs irrelevant until endgame?
    IIRC they were only referring to new players during the first 10 levels in the leveling zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    IIRC they were only referring to new players during the first 10 levels in the leveling zone.
    Ahh, that would be much preferable for me personally, since I love playing literally all the different specs. I hope this is the case, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    From my understanding, they're putting it back to where before level 10, you're just a <class>, rather than any particular spec, and you only pick one at 10. After that, things proceed as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From my understanding, they're putting it back to where before level 10, you're just a <class>, rather than any particular spec, and you only pick one at 10. After that, things proceed as normal.
    Isn't that how it is now...?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Isn't that how it is now...?
    when you make a new character you are forced into a spec till you get to lvl 10 (i think)

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    when you make a new character you are forced into a spec till you get to lvl 10 (i think)
    Correct. You only receive skills for one specific spec until 10, then the other two open up.