Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Who will the 3 intro cinematics to Shadowlands be about?

Hey

Assuming that there will be some (3?) intro cinematics going into the next expansion, and watching all the hype and thoughts about Shadowlands has got me thinking - who do you think will be featured? And, who do you think should be featured?

Also - the name, the theme? In BfA they were called Warbringers. Next? Well I was thinking... there's a lot of revenge to be had. *Thor's voice* The Revengers?! OK I mean Avengers lol.

The intros reveal themes and major story arcs as well as showing that those characters have a major part to play in the next expansion. Assuming that they won't all be females...that there are males who might have some story to tell.

BfA:

Sylvanas- major plot reveal, the mystery of who commited genocide
    Azshara - full confirmation that the queen exists and her big reveal, past secrets and some of the current motivations
    Jaina - facing the past, a major transformation point

Shadowlands?

Tyrande - confirmed as a major story driver in Ardenweald, searching for answers to Elune, perhaps some Elune reveal, or about the depths of revenge of the Night Warrior?
    Bolvar - does he feel determined to right the wrongs created by the person who 'prevented him from doing his job'
    Anduin *said with a IDK voice* - he's watching the Alliance being strained even deeper by what Sylvanas did and her existence threatens his wet dream of peace
    Genn - revenge for his son's murder, revenge for all the pain she has caused his people, lately, their part in her genocide (reminds me of Kiljaden following the Dranaei 'across the stars' as was described

I'm just guessing, I don't know, I'm just wondering. Also I can't help but see so much revenge tied to Sylvanas ...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ladyandthechild; 2019-11-09 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling

do we know it will be intro cinematic?or that will be 3? it could be 4 for each covenant

The covenants, obviously. Blizzard is really pushing these things as important content.

obviously.

1. Sylvanas
    2. Sylvanas bow
    3. Sylvanas arrows

THE Bolvar for sure. Beyond that, Sylvanas and Tyrande?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Every cinematic from here on out will just be sylvanas being emo. a bloo bloo life

Sylvanas + Nathanos and Jaina + Anduin. 2 for Danuser and 2 for Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyandthechild View Post
    Hey

Assuming that there will be some (3?) intro cinematics going into the next expansion, and watching all the hype and thoughts about Shadowlands has got me thinking - who do you think will be featured? And, who do you think should be featured?

Also - the name, the theme? In BfA they were called Warbringers. Next? Well I was thinking... there's a lot of revenge to be had. *Thor's voice* The Revengers?! OK I mean Avengers lol.

The intros reveal themes and major story arcs as well as showing that those characters have a major part to play in the next expansion. Assuming that they won't all be females...that there are males who might have some story to tell.

BfA:

Sylvanas- major plot reveal, the mystery of who commited genocide
    Azshara - full confirmation that the queen exists and her big reveal, past secrets and some of the current motivations
    Jaina - facing the past, a major transformation point

Shadowlands?

Tyrande - confirmed as a major story driver in Ardenweald, searching for answers to Elune, perhaps some Elune reveal, or about the depths of revenge of the Night Warrior?
    Bolvar - does he feel determined to right the wrongs created by the person who 'prevented him from doing his job'
    Anduin *said with a IDK voice* - he's watching the Alliance being strained even deeper by what Sylvanas did and her existence threatens his wet dream of peace
    Genn - revenge for his son's murder, revenge for all the pain she has caused his people, lately, their part in her genocide (reminds me of Kiljaden following the Dranaei 'across the stars' as was described

I'm just guessing, I don't know, I'm just wondering. Also I can't help but see so much revenge tied to Sylvanas ...

Thoughts?
    Well, we don't even know if there will be that many or that few?

Though, if any, 100% Tyrande and 100% Sylvanas.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

The Lightbringer Tenebra the War Criminal's Avatar
    I honestly think one could be for Alleria. I think she'll play an important role in this expansion, seeing how she wields the Void, which is a powerful enemy of Death, and on top of that she is the sister of one of the two central villains of the expansion (so she has a deep motive for getting involved personally in this whole Shadowlands business).
    "I have ignored them for too long. They speak the truth, Arator. And you will hear them. I will make you hear them!"

Alleria fan.

Bolvar, Tyrande, and... (Calia, Uther, or Jailer)

Yeah that's the thing isn't it, if they actually bench Sylvanas for a bit, then other characters might actually have some time...

I did think of Alleria. I've always thought the void elves will have major prominence when the times comes. The void threat seems to be moving along but maybe not as imminent as thought? Perhaps that's because the future has been spoiled; we know that we will defeat N'zoth.

There were 3 Harbingers videos before, for WoD or Legion? So 3 seems to be the number they run with.

I always thought the timing of the Azshara Warbingers was not optimal; there was no context. But if it had have been released ahead of her return...that perhaps would have made more sense.

I think it all depends on what they plan on marketing the hype cinematics about.

For BFA, Sylvanas, Jaina, and Azshara were pretty big driving forces in the expansion. Same thing for Legion with Khadgar and Gul'dan. Since we don't know what angle they want to take with Shadowlands as it's a year away, it's hard to speculate. I'd hope not Sylvanas a second time, certainly, but beyond that?

I expect it'll be the big namedrops they did at Blizzcon: Tyrande, Arthas, and Draka.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I honestly think one could be for Alleria. I think she'll play an important role in this expansion, seeing how she wields the Void, which is a powerful enemy of Death, and on top of that she is the sister of one of the two central villains of the expansion (so she has a deep motive for getting involved personally in this whole Shadowlands business).
    I mean, it's a pretty good example of blizzard's godawful writing that Alleria is MIA for the entirety of BFA, not that I have any particular fondness for void elves over any other races.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    obviously.

1. Sylvanas
    2. Sylvanas bow
    3. Sylvanas arrows
    what about her brows?

let me guess

first one will be sylvanas spiting nonsense about how theirs is a legacy of life is prison bla bla

second one is bolvar but right after they shout ready, set, action sylvanas jumps infront of bolvar and takes the entire time for herself and leaves the last 3-4 seconds for bolvar to say some curse words but it gets *bip* anyway.

third one is tyrande, but she talks about sylvanas and then after 5 seconds of showing how crazy and evil tyrande is because she is sad about half of his people die and losing cities and villages to the horde it then switches to sylvanas again while she spits some mustache twirling words about how "she will set everyone free".

so yea, if she can get 3 xpack quality cinematics then she cant get those aswell.

The Lightbringer Tenebra the War Criminal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I think it all depends on what they plan on marketing the hype cinematics about.

For BFA, Sylvanas, Jaina, and Azshara were pretty big driving forces in the expansion. Same thing for Legion with Khadgar and Gul'dan. Since we don't know what angle they want to take with Shadowlands as it's a year away, it's hard to speculate. I'd hope not Sylvanas a second time, certainly, but beyond that?

I expect it'll be the big namedrops they did at Blizzcon: Tyrande, Arthas, and Draka.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it's a pretty good example of blizzard's godawful writing that Alleria is MIA for the entirety of BFA, not that I have any particular fondness for void elves over any other races.
    I'm not surprised, really. She was a pivotal player in 7.3 and played an important role in the Battle of Lordaeron. They are most likely saving her for something major in the Light and Void expansion or at the end of the Shadowlands expansion (if it ties into 10.0 -- which is why I think Alleria will probably be a relevant character in Shadowlands).
    "I have ignored them for too long. They speak the truth, Arator. And you will hear them. I will make you hear them!"

Alleria fan.

I was actually thinking about this, about a week ago.
    In the features trailer for Shadowlands, it ends with Sylvanas, the Jailer, and four dark Val'kyr.
    I think, and I would love it if Sylvanas having her own Four Horsemen would be a driving force throughout the expansion, with them finally being bosses in a future patch. The last few series have gone "Warbringers & Harbringers" so you could easily call this next series "Deathbringers" and include several lore heavy characters that would serve as the newly resurrected agents of Sylvanas.
    I've already given thought on who I would like them to be:

Anduin Lothar
    Teron Gorefiend
    Edwin VanCleef
    Anasterian Sunstrider

While he wouldn't be a Horsemen, giving Nathanos his own video as a finale would be a good touch I think.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Sylvanas, Bolvar, Tyrande.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Uther, Kael, Draka, Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    obviously.

1. Sylvanas
    2. Sylvanas bow
    3. Sylvanas arrows
    I hate how cynical yet completely plausible this is. ._.

Real talk, we don't even know how BfA ends yet so it's hard to predict.

Bolvar, Calia, And maybe the jailer i think.With the Jailer being the last one. So they can hype him up