View Poll Results: How hyped you are (at this moment, right before Alpha) about SL ?

Voters
346. This poll is closed

87 25.14%

29 8.38%

22 6.36%

34 9.83%

13 3.76%

34 9.83%

25 7.23%

34 9.83%

28 8.09%

8 2.31%

32 9.25%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Poll] How hyped are you (at this moment, right before Alpha) about SL ?

Hi folks,

my intention is not to open a big discussion here. Other threads are already out there for that. Please use them instead.

Instead, i am just curious, how hyped MMOC community is, with the few infos we have until now (right before Alpha) about Shadowlands in general ? In pure numbers. No big discussion, no watering down, no pros and cons. Just your straight vote from 0 to 10 in a clean poll.

Lets go.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-03-22 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of the MoP PvP guy being in charge of class design in shadowlands. Classes finally moving forward after 3 expansions of degradation.

Too early to be hyped. Once we get a more in depth look at classes, that's when I'll be excited (or not, depending on how it goes)

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I like the idea of the MoP PvP guy being in charge of class design in shadowlands. Classes finally moving forward after 3 expansions of degradation.
    which guy?

Super unhyped. Least hype I've ever had for a WoW expansion, I think even BfA excited me more.

My rating: 3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    which guy?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Brian_Holinka

No new class, no new races. Don't like the setting, only 4 zones, neither particularly up my alley. Opening cinematic horribly uninspiring, preorder bonuses bland (compare DK allied races to DH early access or BFA allied races... come on).

They are trying really hard to disinterest me with SL, the only thing that excited me so far was extra character customisation.

3/10

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Funny how that was the most hated guy on the WoW team during MoP He had more threads than Ion and all the other WoW devs/leaders/etc combined

OT: Genuinly excited about the things to come. Covenant campaigns as well as a max level outdoor zone of Suramar level (potentially) in the face of the Maw + the covenant utility abilities + the class specific abilities + all the mount, back slot, armor, weapon, character and other customizations coming + the leveling updates/overhauls + the new zones (including Exile's Reach) + Torghast + the Weekly Chest changes + Legendaries + Profession updates.... so far loving all the incoming changes and additions. I enjoyed BFA so Shadowlands should be even better than that.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2020-03-22 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Funny how that was the most hated guy on the WoW team during MoP He had more threads than Ion and all the other WoW devs/leaders/etc combined
    I was too busy shittalking CRZ to look at the PvP section in those times. I'm guessing it was below average players complaining about stuff like CC chains and sustain as usual while calling for the head of <insert the current face of WoW's game design here>

I am looking forward for new visuals but I also interested whether new class design will be good.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 because I want to see the new customizations for my favorite races. Honestly couldn't care less about the expansion otherwise (yet) as they've not revealed enough to care about, IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I don't know, I guess 6? I was more hyped for Legion and BfA... Right now, the things I am more interested about are the Covenant system (transmog, abilities, mount, etc.) and the story. I want to see how Sylvanas dies.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Story - very unhyped (opening is a meh, and I'm not feeling that overall xpac theme fits Warcraft Universe).
    New race(s) - none. Unhyped.
    New class(es) - none. Unhyped.
    Class changing - no particular info, unhyped.
    Covenants - Very unhyped (again, not fit Warcraft in my opinion, also I think that we will see sh*tty covenant abilities balance and weird switching mechanics, especially for min-maxing people running both M raids and high M+).
    New zones - nor hyped or unhyped. We will get something new, but it can be good themed/designed or not, I don't know yet.
    Professions changes - nor hyped or unhyped. No particular info.
    New gear - nor hyped or unhyped. No particular info.
    Torghast - hyped. It can potentially be first solo endgame PvE progression.
    Targeting gear from sources like weekly chest etc - hyped.
    Leveling squish/changes - hyped. I like the idea for shortening level numbers.

Summary:
    Something like 2/10 hype.

Nowhere near release so I don't think about it at all. 0/10

I give it a six. New features seem like they have some cool things about them and can be good. But I agree with others that races and classes and a recognizable villain and location are easier to latch onto and get excited about, so it's not as compelling this time.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No new class, no new races. Don't like the setting, only 4 zones, neither particularly up my alley. Opening cinematic horribly uninspiring, preorder bonuses bland (compare DK allied races to DH early access or BFA allied races... come on).

They are trying really hard to disinterest me with SL, the only thing that excited me so far was extra character customisation.

3/10
    It looks a lot like an xpac you would design if you are afraid subs are going to fall under 1 million.

1. Cut way back on all content.
    2. Add a repeatable solo infinite dungeon thingy for the stray player to have something to do. (Torghast)
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm only really hyped for the level squish. For eyerything else I want to see results before I assume it will be good. Blizz has no credit left on my card. Also I can't watch the SL trailer without cringing hard, so that kinda kills my hype level.

3+ Year Old Account
    Zero. Or less. Back during BlizzCon there were a lot of things to be excited about, but the radio silence is killing it. All we have are a pretty cinematic and promises. There is nothing to hype over.

What i am curious is for the people who clicked 0.

Which basically means you have NO hope left whatsoever and are nor interested in the game at all. I wonder why you are even on this side then and responding to threts about this game? Otherwise the 0 is a lie. Like those overblown Metacritic ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    nor interested in the game at all.
    Not in the whole game, but particulary in said xpac.