Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And SL comes up with a free 120 boost, which you could use to instantly get to work on not only Legion's allied races but BFA's as well. So part of your argument doesn't really hold up either.
    You don't understand what I'm saying.
    You want to use an expansion feature.
    Feature 1: DH's.
    How to get them?
    1. Use boost you got with your Legion purchase.
    2. Bam, you got your DH unlocked.
    Cost: The time you need to level from 98 to 100 (since your boost boosts to 100 and DH's start at level 98, so you've lost 2 levels in this process). The time to level from 100 to 110.

Feature 2: An allied race. Lets take Vulpera as an example.
    How to get them?
    1. Use your boost to 110. (Why would you count the SL Boost? Allied races are a BfA feature, so I have to use the BfA boost. For DH's the Legion boost was sufficient. Also Shadowlands base game does not provide you with a 120 boost)
    2. Level from 110 to 120
    3. Do WQ's for a month
    4. Bam, Vulpera unlocked.
    Cost: 1 month of grinding rep (since your Vulpera won't have access to the rep you've earned). The time you need to level from 20 to 120 (because your Vulpera starts at 20). The time you need to level form 110 to 120.

So yeah. The effort to unlock one (!) Allied race is much higher than the cost of unlocking DH's.

You know why Legion was much more successful than BfA is? Because a new or returning player could just buy the base game, and play everything the expansion offered. BfA is quite the opposite of that.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-03-24 at 02:19 PM.

This stuff will get further nerfed over time as they rollout Timewalking for the Legion and BfA. You can just buy the rep tokens then.

NONE of the allied races were ever "difficult" to unlock, and they're all getting easier over time (including the heritage armor!).
    Why are people so unwilling to do content for rewards? I do content I don't like if it has a reward that I want. If I don't like the content or the reward, I don't do it.
    It's really that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the rep grinds, but I think it's unreasonable that you have to level an opposite faction character to 120, or waste a character boost to unlock their races. If I want to level a Kul'Tiran to 120, then I want to level a Kul'Tiran to 120, not a Draenei and then a Kul'Tiran. I don't think it would be crazy to have Kul'Tirans also unlock when you unlock the Zandalari, or Vulpera also unlock when you unlock Mechagnomes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    "Hero Races". HAHAHAHAHA.

90% of them are lazy reskins.

It would be cool if they were locked behind challenging content or a decent questline.

Nah grind thousands of shitty world quests. Literally the lowest effort content Blizzard has ever implemented into the game. Not only this - you can't do the grind in one day. You are time-gated daily by a limited number of these shitty quests.
    Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Do it on the daily, 30 minutes or more. Gotta pump those interaction numbers up.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    "Hero Races". HAHAHAHAHA.

90% of them are lazy reskins.

It would be cool if they were locked behind challenging content or a decent questline.

Nah grind thousands of shitty world quests. Literally the lowest effort content Blizzard has ever implemented into the game. Not only this - you can't do the grind in one day. You are time-gated daily by a limited number of these shitty quests.
    Basically how I see it, I have not unlocked a single allied Race. And if they stay behind a Rep grind Ill probably neve unlock them, only Rep I ever enjoyed were those tied to a Raid I got to Exalted with the Kara rep back in the day and loved it no shitty quests to do just run the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The ignorance in this comment is just amazing. Comparing legendaries and items in general with playable races is just ridiculous.
    One, way to Necro a 4 month old comment. Two, it isn't ignorant. Allied races are not normal playable races. They are races locked behind in game requirements. Just like Legendaries are not normal items, rather, they are items locked behind in game requirements.

Sorry you cannot see the similarity. The whole point is people are bitching about having to do in game stuff to unlock something they want. It matters not that they are races or items.

I'm expecting what we already did with the Legion ones: Nerf the rep requirement significantly, but leave it in.

You still gotta grind for old pets/mounts, I don't see why this should be different. For me it's actually part of the appeal that you learn what the race is all about first, instead of the other way around.

Eventually Legion/BFA will be in timewalking, and it will be basically negligible if you really want it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Well aren’t you a selfish little brat
    Ironic. you want less work and dislike "brats", and then call names when people point out that OP isn't the only one who has had to grind these out and call them selfish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CJT82 View Post
    We played them......For 15 years. Now people want to try something new. I certainly don't remember blood elf, Draeni, Worgen, or goblins requiring a grind or anything except for purchasing the expansions.
    Seriously? you made an account specifically to necro a dead thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Ironic. you want less work and dislike "brats", and then call names when people point out that OP isn't the only one who has had to grind these out and call them selfish.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? you made an account specifically to necro a dead thread?
    “Waaahhh I suffered so now you have to as well, my feels!!” Yes, grow up dude. Things change all the time. Maybe we ought to travel on bikes because at one point they didn’t exist and it wouldn’t be fair to the grind they went through getting places.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    “Waaahhh I suffered so now you have to as well, my feels!!” Yes, grow up dude. Things change all the time. Maybe we ought to travel on bikes because at one point they didn’t exist and it wouldn’t be fair to the grind they went through getting places.
    All you are doing is proving you are quite the hypocrite. And toxic, too.

And all this over cosmetics. Things have been locked behind exalted rep stati since the game launched. It isn't the end of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You don't understand what I'm saying.
    You want to use an expansion feature.
    Feature 1: DH's.
    How to get them?
    1. Use boost you got with your Legion purchase.
    2. Bam, you got your DH unlocked.
    Cost: The time you need to level from 98 to 100 (since your boost boosts to 100 and DH's start at level 98, so you've lost 2 levels in this process). The time to level from 100 to 110.

Feature 2: An allied race. Lets take Vulpera as an example.
    How to get them?
    1. Use your boost to 110. (Why would you count the SL Boost? Allied races are a BfA feature, so I have to use the BfA boost. For DH's the Legion boost was sufficient. Also Shadowlands base game does not provide you with a 120 boost)
    2. Level from 110 to 120
    3. Do WQ's for a month
    4. Bam, Vulpera unlocked.
    Cost: 1 month of grinding rep (since your Vulpera won't have access to the rep you've earned). The time you need to level from 20 to 120 (because your Vulpera starts at 20). The time you need to level form 110 to 120.

So yeah. The effort to unlock one (!) Allied race is much higher than the cost of unlocking DH's.

You know why Legion was much more successful than BfA is? Because a new or returning player could just buy the base game, and play everything the expansion offered. BfA is quite the opposite of that.
    Uh... currently boosts are to max level.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-03-25 at 06:08 PM.

Uh... currently boosts are to max level.
    But the boost you get with your BfA purchase is not.

5+ Year Old Account
    But the boost you get with your BfA purchase is not.
    why would I purchase BFA a second time? I'm nowhere near the character cap.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Probably never, but you never know.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

why would I purchase BFA a second time? I'm nowhere near the character cap.
    You are also missing the point.

The point is with just the purchase of Legion you were able to play a demon hunter. Even if you required a level 98 character, you got a boost to level 100 with the purchase of Legion. Thus you got acces to every expansion feature without spending much more time or money.

With BfA you got a level 110 boost. This boost does not enable you to play an Allied race in any way, contrary to what @Mirishka argued. Thus DH's and Allied races are two completely different things you can't use one to rectify the other. That's my point.

5+ Year Old Account
    You are also missing the point.

The point is with just the purchase of Legion you were able to play a demon hunter. Even if you required a level 98 character, you got a boost to level 100 with the purchase of Legion. Thus you got acces to every expansion feature without spending much more time or money.

With BfA you got a level 110 boost. This boost does not enable you to play an Allied race in any way, contrary to what @Mirishka argued. Thus DH's and Allied races are two completely different things you can't use one to rectify the other. That's my point.
    Actually, you're much closer to half of the allied races with the 110 boost then you are the 100 boost.

Actually, you're much closer to half of the allied races with the 110 boost then you are the 100 boost.
    My 100 boost reasoning has nothing to do with Allied races. Please read all my posts and the posts I'm answering to to understand what I'm talking about.

5+ Year Old Account
    My 100 boost reasoning has nothing to do with Allied races. Please read all my posts and the posts I'm answering to to understand what I'm talking about.
    You're intentionally ignoring things.

the allied races don't come with Legion. they come with BFA. you need 110 to work on allied races. You're also comparing something that doesn't compare.

Allied Races are cosmetics locked behind a rep grind, like a tabard of old would be. They don't compare to classes at all.

You're intentionally ignoring things.

the allied races don't come with Legion. they come with BFA. you need 110 to work on allied races. You're also comparing something that doesn't compare.

Allied Races are cosmetics locked behind a rep grind, like a tabard of old would be. They don't compare to classes at all.
    you need 120 to work on (most) allied races. and I'm not the one comparing. I'm the one answering to the one who made this comparison.
    As I said. Just read all relevant posts before you answer please. I don't want to repeat myself.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect it to be removed entirely, but they could at least reduce/increase the amount of Rep you need. Or make it that you only need to do only the first part of the War Campaign
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.