Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its not you damn GM or raid leader job to fend off some horny dudes for you.

And I completely don't care about your gender.
    I would argue that it is in fact part of their job to moderate raid-internal conflicts(or name a moderator). They are the leader of a group of people, that kind of thing comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh boo hoo, right now you have to do M+ to be competitive in Mythic raiding, the M+ people can suck it up.
    Oh boo hoo, you have to spend 20 min a week to be competitive in mythic raiding, the raiding people can suck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is officers team job to moderate this shit in any sort of decent guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Oh boo hoo, you have to spend 20 min a week to be competitive in mythic raiding, the raiding people can suck it up.
    Not even that honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Normal and heroic are overshined by easier content ATM, and it's not good, why do Heroic raiding when a +10 is less work and easier?
    +10 isn't really the issue. The two issues are
    1. There is no incentive to run normal and heroic when World content can give you heroic gear. It makes the raids obsolete for a lot of players.

2. The spamability of M+. I am ok with the rewards, I am not ok with the ability to chain run these and get multiple rewards in a week.

In a normal week for a player who can clear heroic for a 10 boss raid, 2 to 3 pieces would be expected. For M+ you could gear all slots in a week. That is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is officers team job to moderate this shit in any sort of decent guild.
    No its not really their job, they could, but nobody forces them to do private investigation and baby sit raiders. Thats blizz job, they have access to chat logs and can see what really did happen.

The question is, why are you raiding for the rewards? Shouldn't raiding the the thing you collect rewards to do? I mean, I always thought the prestige was kind of nice.

I can understand that this is about Mythic+ feeling "too good" but I think that's a good thing. If the issue is titanforging, then it's an easy solution. If the issue is not titanforging, then what kind of Mythic+ are we talking about, here?

I dont know about raiding.. but what i feel like the game needs is OVERALL more rewards.. what i mean is just more cosmetic rewards earned by doing tough things man.. i want to have something to aim for when i dont raid or do dungeons.. the game needs more appeal outside of that element that is raiding/dungeoneering.. i just feel like i want to be able to look cool without having to raid mythic to get a cosmetic design that they actually used some time on, and made pretty. Not all of them look equally good.. but you know what i mean right? its weird that everything has to look bad unless you mythic raid.

I want my mage tower back.. and i want it to have multiple cosmetic things or something else really cool to go for.. and i want it to feel like i have done something not everyone can do or close to it so i feel accomplished somehow.. like i've worked pretty hard for this and it feels good.

This is all coming from a full blown casual too man.. i feel like blizzard dont understand casuals.. i mean i want a challenge.. i just dont have the time for mythic raiding. but there should be hard content outside of raiding and dungeons with cool rewards that require thinking and understanding your class.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tier? It's unique to Raids, makes classes better and is much more interesting loot. Also visually BFA Armour Sets from Raids are probably some of the worse ones in existence. One or two decent ones but after Legion it's pretty poor.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

5+ Year Old Account
    Its not you damn GM or raid leader job to fend off some horny dudes for you.

And I completely don't care about your gender.
    Yes it is, if your GL is minimally competent at the social aspects of WoW. And it's pretty obvious that you don't care about gender issues, your comments are proof enough of your astounding ignorance about the matter. A big LOL for those dudes explaining gals how to deal with harassment, mansplaining at its best
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    By that logic, people never wanted to do any of it though. Blizzard themselves have admitted the reason for the 15 ilvl increase between difficulties is because people only do content if it feels rewarding.

So essentially, going by your logic of "If it isn't done without a reward it isn't fun" then 99% of this game isn't fun.

The reality is, people do whatever is easiest with the greatest reward. You can't force people into harder content unless they want to do it without a strong incentive. It's the same reason that Warmode failed so horribly in the beginning of WoW and had to be heavily modified. It's the same reason the Battle of Naz'jatar event failed and had to be heavily modified. They weren't rewarding enough to the minority and therefore just weren't done.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that very few people are having fun just playing the game, and your post seems backs that up. I don't remember getting any rewards for playing Warcraft I, II, or III, but I played each multiple times all the way through, as well as tons of custom maps on BNet, just because I enjoyed playing them. No one had to offer me rewards. Is there nothing Blizzard can do to make people want to play WoW or want to raid because playing WoW or raiding is fun, or is the only option that you have to either "reward" or "force" people to play it?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

No its not really their job, they could, but nobody forces them to do private investigation and baby sit raiders. Thats blizz job, they have access to chat logs and can see what really did happen.
    Then what is their job? There's not a whole lot left if you take that away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes it is, if your GL is minimally competent at the social aspects of WoW. And it's pretty obvious that you don't care about gender issues, your comments are proof enough of your astounding ignorance about the matter. A big LOL for those dudes explaining gals how to deal with harassment, mansplaining at its best
    I'd say that's one of the main reasons you need one in the first place, handling internal disputes and conflicts. If your GM can't do that and can't find others to do it, it's time to find a new one.

So is this you mansplaining or womansplaining to us how it should work?
    How is mansplaining different from explaining?
    Does it just mean a man is explaining something?
    If that's the case, is it important that you point out the gender of the person doing the explaining?
    Does it make the difference what the gender of the person doing the explaining is?
    Did you assume the genders of the people you are responding to be stating they are "mansplaining"?

Sorry, so many questions, but I need someone to peoplesplain to me why you used that word. Thanks.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

No it is not, dealing with other personal issues of your raid mates doesn't come with GM responsibilities. It is bound to happen that people within your guild may not like each other, and it does happen. GM is not your nanny or daddy so you can come to and cry about bullies. GM have no obligation to resolve people personal matters.
    It's damn game, not school simulator.

GM handles heavy stuff like shitstorms across raiders, especially on open voice, but not some whispers and personal issues.
    You go straight to blizzard if it indeed was harassment.

Try using your imagination a bit. How the hell GM was suppose to truly know what happened? He doesn't have chat logs.

My bet is, it wasn't as serious as she said otherwise there would be no reason to not file a complaint straight to blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then what is their job? There's not a whole lot left if you take that away.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say that's one of the main reasons you need one in the first place, handling internal disputes and conflicts. If your GM can't do that and can't find others to do it, it's time to find a new one.
    Again, think about it for a second, one side will tell what happened, the other one will tell it never happened. Who is he suppose to believe? Forging screenshot isn't really hard. GM should handle open voice, open guild messages disputes, not personal matters.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You're mistaking logic for consistency.
    Simply because magic exists in a world, you just shouldn't entirely discard consistency.

Because that also affects gameplay, as i constantly have to re adjust to a given situation based on the enviroment i'm in for no other reason.
    If you want consistency then make up your mind instead of admitting you enjoy the aberration bonus while thinking the benthic bonusses are bad... It's not 'no reason' when the game goes out of its way to give you one for more interesting gameplay. If that's inconvenient to you then why are you loving on classic of all things?
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-11-12 at 02:06 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you want raiding to be more appealing to non-raiders the first thing would be to make new raiders, or those coming back after a break, more welcome. Whatever the reality is, the perception is that those who are the most visible proponents of organized raiding on forums and in the game are, shall we say, unwelcoming. Your immediate pool of potential recruits are in LFR but if you want to actually recruit anyone you'll have to stop insulting them first. Good luck with that.

Structurally, organized raiding is fine. Socially, it's a mess with many bars to entry.
    You're 100% correct, of course.

Still, it'd be nice if Heroic had some cosmetic rewards instead of them stuffing it all into Mythic. Having battle pets drop from bosses in Normal/Heroic EP was good, but it'd be nice to see a mount that people besides the 0.0001% will ever see, let alone obtain.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Super rare legendary drops like warglaives in bt
    We want less RNG they said. But lets also bring back super rare, random legendary drops!

Again, think about it for a second, one side will tell what happened, the other one will tell it never happened. Who is he suppose to believe? Forging screenshot isn't really hard. GM should handle open voice, open guild messages disputes, not personal matters.
    Making that judgement call is part of it. As is deciding whether a dispute is beyond their capabilities to handle and needs to be escalated.

You don't always need chat logs, and not every case where both sides give contradictory accounts is ambiguous.

And these aren't personal matters. By their very nature, they're interpersonal matters.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Making that judgement call is part of it. As is deciding whether a dispute is beyond their capabilities to handle and needs to be escalated.

You don't always need chat logs, and not every case where both sides give contradictory accounts is ambiguous.

And these aren't personal matters. By their very nature, they're interpersonal matters.
    Again think about it for a second. First you don't know what message was that. Hitting on a girl is not necessarily a harassment.
    Second if it was really harassment, grow a spine, make a ticket.

Guild master is not obliged to take any action. He is not your superior or your dad. He doesn't have play a judge role.

Harassment is not dispute.

i haven't raided since Uldir. there's no more tier sets and all the free gear from M+ and WQ have me around heroic to mythic ilvl anyway.

They need to stop thinking that it's a bad thing for mythic raiding to have much better gear and to bring back tier set bonuses. If you don't mythic raid it shouldn't matter that the gear is far better than even M+. Just because the select few will sit there and say BUH BUH BUH, if I wanna be competitive I'd need to do Mythic raiding! doesn't mean it's good for the raiding scene.

It'd also be nice if they didn't treat mythic raid tiers as completely fucking irrelevant when the new tier comes out. Hell, you can boost WQ and M+ ilvls but you can't boost the previous raid tiers ilvl?

Hey, guess what? Just because something offers the "best gear" by 15 ilvls doesn't mean that's enough initiative for people to fucking do it. ESPECIALLY when you can make that up with a forge.
    Last edited by La; 2019-11-12 at 02:20 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*