Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderwolf View Post
    Thrall cata. But everyone bitched about the green jesus. Must be an alliance based hero.
    Khadgar
    Illidan
    Magni
    And now bolvar
    Had Thrall been a quest/story guide like the others, it would have been fine. He wasn't. Half of Cata was spent on his various stories, including his therapy questline, culminating in him being promoted to Aspect of Earth. The others were far more low key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  2. #162
    I can see him playing a role at the end. Like when we are done and lets say we come back to a world ruled by the Void. He could be the leader of the resistance. Something along those lines.

  3. #163
    I hope not, Khadgar is utterly incompetent and caused Legion. Why couldn't we have just killed Gul'dan instead of freeing him? Not to mention the apparent threat of the Iron Horde was completely overexagurated.

  4. #164
    Legendary! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,240
    Thematically, no, but otherwise I wouldn't mind more Khadgar.

    Or.. more like BADghar, amirite?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  5. #165
    I don't think Khadgar needs to show up everytime there's a crisis but i think he had his time to shine in WoD and Legion especially. However, it would be a tad more realistic if he had a minor role so that we don't assume he has his legs up on his porch ignoring possibly the greatest threat ever to not only Azeroth but every realm/world connected to the shadowlands and beyond.

  6. #166
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I don't think Khadgar needs to show up everytime there's a crisis but i think he had his time to shine in WoD and Legion especially. However, it would be a tad more realistic if he had a minor role so that we don't assume he has his legs up on his porch ignoring possibly the greatest threat ever to not only Azeroth but every realm/world connected to the shadowlands and beyond.
    Yeah it'd be good to avoid the "Elminster problem", that being "The world is doomed, why isn't Elminster helping?". Khadgar hasn't really been shown to have "somewhere else to be" yet, and it seems like he'd get his sticky fingers STRAIGHT into this pie. So some kind of indication that actually he's dealing with some shit or maybe he polymorphed himself into a raven and can't turn back or something would be good. I will accept the latter especially if we get a sarcastic raven pet out of the bargain.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  7. #167
    Warchief Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Now that the Alliance and Horde have mostly entered into a truce do you think Khadgar should come back as a main character in Shadowlands?
    No. For all intents and purposes, Bolvar and the Knights of the Ebon Blade serve the same purpose in SL that Khadgar and the Kirin Tor did in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Duskrime
    Diablo 3 Profile

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah it'd be good to avoid the "Elminster problem", that being "The world is doomed, why isn't Elminster helping?". Khadgar hasn't really been shown to have "somewhere else to be" yet, and it seems like he'd get his sticky fingers STRAIGHT into this pie. So some kind of indication that actually he's dealing with some shit or maybe he polymorphed himself into a raven and can't turn back or something would be good. I will accept the latter especially if we get a sarcastic raven pet out of the bargain.
    I don't think he'll show up, he's definitely non-existent in the beta so i doubt he'll show up. But anything is possible in a feature content patch.

  9. #169
    Every expansion needs more Khadgar, his puns alone can save Azeroth.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Respect all, submit to none.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Blizzard is probably cycling characters - the ones that "guide us through" expansions - like Lorewalker Cho and now Bolvar. We could definitely expect to see him again once we go into the Light/Void expansion.


    I fully expect to see Medivh and his son Med'an in that expansion, so it would make sense to also see Khadgar.
    No med'an please.

  11. #171
    Pandaren Monk Villager720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Garithos (US)
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I don't think Khadgar needs to show up everytime there's a crisis but i think he had his time to shine in WoD and Legion especially. However, it would be a tad more realistic if he had a minor role so that we don't assume he has his legs up on his porch ignoring possibly the greatest threat ever to not only Azeroth but every realm/world connected to the shadowlands and beyond.
    I do believe they datamined a Khadgar npc in SL alpha/beta - I don’t believe it got put to use but the fact that it was in the files implies that Blizzard is certainly considering his return.

    If I recall, Wrathion and Thrall did the same (were found in beta/alpha datamining) in early BfA and look how that turned out.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-10-23 at 03:14 PM.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I do believe they datamined a Khadgar npc in SL alpha/beta - I don’t believe it got put to use but the fact that it was in the files implies that Blizzard is certainly considering his return.

    If I recall, Wrathion and Thrall did the same (were found in beta/alpha datamining) in early BfA and look how that turned out.
    Yea for sure anything is possible. If he does show up it's probably for a minor role but, so far currently in the beta there's no signs pointing to his involvement at all. There's also been many cases where stuff has been left unused despite the existence of files that were datamined. But yea it's possible if those files are still present, not sure if they still are.

  13. #173
    Currently he is on a search for Medivh in the infinite. Hopefully he finds him.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  14. #174
    Tired of epic powa neutral npcs that wana bake cakes with both factions. Ill pass
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  15. #175
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    No med'an please.
    I think Blizzard are actually on record as saying he's not canon in WoW. Thank god.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  16. #176
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    32,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think Blizzard are actually on record as saying he's not canon in WoW. Thank god.
    Unfortunately not as Med'an is himself canon, but him becoming the Guardian is not. His complete lack of mention in Chronicle Vol. 3 is a good sign, though; as it means that while he may still be canon it's very unlikely he'll ever be featured in WoW.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-23 at 05:11 PM.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think Blizzard are actually on record as saying he's not canon in WoW. Thank god.
    People keep saying this, but forget that writers are turning their own favourites into same flavour of awful.

  18. #178
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People keep saying this, but forget that writers are turning their own favourites into same flavour of awful.
    That's just nonsense though.

    It usually comes immediately before people start hurling around epithets like "SJW" or randomly calling pretty bog-standard major NPCs "Mary Sues" (even though nothing about them is any more "Mary Sue" than another NPC standing 6ft away from them).

    Med'an is a very specific and extreme flavour of awful. He's a genuine Mary Sue, in that everything revolves around him. He has ridiculous parentage solely to make him special and unique. He is the master of multiple incompatible forms of magic - long before becoming any kind of supernatural being which might justify that. He was retroactively involved in loads of events that he had absolutely nothing to do with, and no reason to be involved with, save to make him more important. All the other major characters think he's amazing and basically kiss his feet, pretty much instantly (one of the truest marks of the Mary Sue), rather than giving him a hard time like they do with people like Wrathion. They all form around him and make him their figurehead. Still without becoming a supernatural being he manages to master yet more incompatible forms of magic (so he's a super-powerful Shaman, a super-powerful Mage, and a super-powerful Light-user). Then he goes on to become the most important person in the universe and everyone thinks this is the best idea they ever heard, because he's such a great guy.

    I could go on and on.

    There isn't a single "favourite" of the writers who is 10% as bad as Med'an.

    All of them get stymied, and lose sometimes, and mess up, and people don't like them sometimes, whilst they may have particularly serious magic, none of it is a case of just ignoring general rules like Jaina doesn't suddenly start using Shadow Priest spells or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unfortunately not as Med'an is himself canon, but him becoming the Guardian is not. His complete lack of mention in Chronicle Vol. 3 is a good sign, though; as it means that while he may still be canon it's very unlikely he'll ever be featured in WoW.
    Yes, sorry, that is the correct info.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Now that the Alliance and Horde have mostly entered into a truce do you think Khadgar should come back as a main character in Shadowlands?
    f%$& him !
    bring back medivh !! xD

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unfortunately not as Med'an is himself canon, but him becoming the Guardian is not. His complete lack of mention in Chronicle Vol. 3 is a good sign, though; as it means that while he may still be canon it's very unlikely he'll ever be featured in WoW.
    Haven't they explained that orcs and humans cannot procreate?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •