Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I find Khadgar kind of annoying so I don't really want him back. Like, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Now that the Alliance and Horde have mostly entered into a truce do you think Khadgar should come back as a main character in Shadowlands?
    Yes. When I encountered him again leveling in Draenor, I remembered how much I liked him!

Khadgar suffers from the same problem that happens with every major character that Blizzard decides is important: they get an expansion full of cutscenes, players get tired of being jarringly pulled out of the game with a cutscene, players get tired of seeing the characters face and hearing their corny voice acting along with blizzard's teen novel writing, players turn against them and decide they are bad characters. It happened to Thrall, it happened to Garrosh, it happened to Taran Zhu & Lorewalker Cho, it happened with Illidan and it's happening to Sylvanas despite her loyal simps. All good characters, by the way. But Blizzard like to beat their horses into a pulp. Characters in WoW work better as NPCs, just my two cents.

BTW, how does someone as seemingly young as Khadgar is have an Azerothian herb named after him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Clermont View Post
    BTW, how does someone as seemingly young as Khadgar is have an Azerothian herb named after him?
    He's hugely important to the story and thus famous across Azeroth for his roles in the First and Second Wars. I'd imagine the herb was renamed in his honor at some point, or was recently discovered and given his name. Probably the same case as the herb named or renamed Arthas' Tears.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

>try to tone down the praising BS (OMG HERO CHAMPION WORLDZ LAST HOPE

I would love if they put an end to this shit. Leveling in Classic feels so much better because you as a player are simply an observer of a fantastic world, rather than being a main character. This works in single player games but feels kind of retarded in a multiplayer game.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I actually ended up enjoying him in Legion even in the annoying parts his infectious curiosity was cute and endearing. However having someone of his stature sitting out of BfA I feel he has abdicated his position in the story moving on. I have no interest in hearing from him any longer outside of small niche moments. Basically the point being he is far too neutral at the moment to be integrated into the current game environment for the next few expansions unless something directly involves Dalaran.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Now that the Alliance and Horde have mostly entered into a truce do you think Khadgar should come back as a main character in Shadowlands?
    I really liked him in Legion, but I like some focus on another character.
    Personally would like to see more of Moira/Muradin/Falstad, Tyrande, Gelbin & Aysa for the Alliance and Lorthemar, Rohkan, Ji, Mayla and Geya'rah for the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Cata had Thrall.

We need to have the folowing lead expansions;

Malfurion
    Baine
    Anduin
    Talanji
    Tyrande
    Thalyssra
    Mayla
    Velen
    Calia
    Moira
    It would be nice to see some of those character get more of a spotlight. Malf, Baine, and Moira would be my top picks. I feel like Anduin, Talanji, Tyrande, and Thalyssra have gotten decent screentime lately, so I wouldn't mind seeing them put off a bit longer.

Khadgar already had TBC, WoD, and Legion, so I'm fine with him being delegated to a fringe character for a while. All the character he would have close connection to are still alive except Gul'dan, so unless they do something with him (doubtful since he already had WoD and Legion arcs), I don't foresee Khadgar showing up in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    DK's don't use Void/Shadow magic.

For game play purposes, many of their abilities deal Shadow damage. But they are not a Void/Shadow based class.
    They use the same magic as any warlock/necromancer so they actually do use shadow/void as they are pretty much the same, if a class even has one ability that uses for example shadow dmg then they use at least some portion of magic, just like rogues use magic also just in a more limited capacity.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I would be so hyped. The only dead character I actually care about.
    I think he is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I certainly hope not, tired of human mages ruling the roost, we have Jaina and Khadgar and they've got constant mage attention, I'd like to see a night elven and blood elven one rise to prominence, more of Rommath and Farondis when it comes to Global affairs, with Thalyssra and Umbric when it comes to local affairs.

We've had enough human ones,a nd they're not supposed to be the most talented magical race, elves are. Why give night elves, blood/high elves, Void elves and Nightborne such incredible magical pedigree and fail to use them?
    • We have Rommath, Aethas and Voren'thal the seer ( or Archmage Lan'dalock for a high elf alternative)
    • We have Umbric and the majority of the core void elf group being arcane void users.
    • We have Thalyssra, Occuleth and Valtrois - Nightborne ancient magi from the elven empire of old remaining in Suramar, still around and modified by the Nightwell
    • We have Farondis, Mordant and Estulan - living genius-level mages from the kaldorei elven empire of old, still around (not the forest ones that gave up magic)

See, lots of options, use them instead.
    For humans being most prominent, i think its simply because humans meddle the most. Elven races just make their zones more magical and ignore everyone else, humans go around fucking with everything.

But yeah, there needs to be more character representation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Khadgar, but quickly grew tired of his puns and silliness, like 'loot coins I spilled in this area, I need them for a gift!' as if I'm expected to ignore the nearby, impaled bodies of horde/alliance soldiers.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They use the same magic as any warlock/necromancer so they actually do use shadow/void as they are pretty much the same.
    Warlock (any spec) => fel magic lorewise.

Necromancer (and DKs) => death magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    maybe right at the end of the expansion to lead us to the new one

Bolvar is the Khadgar/Magni of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    Kadgar - WoD and Legion.
    Never forget.

Khadgar should come back in like 5 xpacs, as a Yoda like character.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    i wonder what female character will horde players have as the main mascot?
    alliance has Jaina
    Liadrin please or Valtwah
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, but Medivh should, and that probably means he will. Their story is intertwined.
    I wouldn't be opposed to having Medivh as the guy that guides us in an xpac.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    "After the events of Return to Karazhan, Medivh refers to Khadgar as the new Guardian of Tirisfal, but Khadgar refuses the position.[5] Medivh counters, however, by stating that it's not power that makes a Guardian, but courage and a just heart, qualities he says make Khadgar a far greater Guardian than himself."

it's about semantics and shit writing again.
    Medivh himself said in WC3 Azeroth doesn't need anymore guardians :|

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Please no. Never ever add necromancer to wow, pretty please. No more classes.
    Tinker!!!!
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.