Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    It is absolutely hilarious that you're really non-ironically using WoD as an example. LOL.

If you think that 'WoD bump' in subscribers stuck around longer than a month, it really isn't a stretch to believe that you think there's still millions playing classic.
    nice job moving the goalposts. LOL.

Man these threads are hilarious. I'm on one of the middle of the pack servers and it's still thriving. Not sure why some people can't just let others be happy they get to play the version of the game they think is better. I've been playing WoW since 2004 - every xpac, every up and down. I personally don't see myself ever playing retail again, but I could care less if others prefer it or think it's better. Yikers.

Is Exhuman dead yet? I keep reading it everywhere, can someone confirm?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Don't know.

All I know is that I regularly spend 1 or 2 hours spamming the channels with "Heal LFG MC / Ony / DM", then nobody contacts me, at which point I go offline.

If you're in a guild with only close friends you get nowhere, since it's rare enough that we're all online at the same time to form groups, and not large enough to even think about forming raids.
    How many ppl are you, we made a guild with ppl from the server we rolled on in 2005 (EU). We're a small guild also, but slowly starting to raid. Last week in our first MC run we killed 3 bosses with just +-20 ppl in raid, this week we killed Only with iirrc 23 ppl in raid. You don't need a full grp of 40 ppl to start raiding at all.

That being said, i can see server loosing population though, atleast the one i play on mainly, where from 1 to 30 september my census addon picked up more than 25000 Alliance character on this server, last 30 days it has seen 13000 alliance characters.
    Last edited by chronia; 2019-11-10 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    This guy is right, They made too many servers, ppl were hogging gear right and left, and MC is laughable content. Honestly classic has 1/4 of the staying power of retail sadly.
    one word that classic has way over retail...

classic is alt friendly

its staying power will largely rest on that as every player i know is leveling at least 3 toons...
    take your unwarranted negativity elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I keep reading that everywhere.

Can classic players confirm or deny?
    (runs through MMO-C translator)

"Pay attention to meeeee!"

I was just questing in Wetlands to 22 this morning, healthy amount of players in my level range around, so doubtful.

The only game that’s dead right now is retail

Its so dead most realms in my region have long queues.

The fact that they're removing layering confirms that there's not enough active players. So, yeah, it's dead and there's only 3 or 4 servers that are active.

Yes it is. And you killed it. Good job, Serpico.

My classic server kinda is, very few shouts in /4.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I keep reading that everywhere.

Can classic players confirm or deny?
    Well, most servers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Neklord View Post
    The fact that they're removing layering confirms that there's not enough active players. So, yeah, it's dead and there's only 3 or 4 servers that are active.
    Yes this is indeed sad. The playerbase is declining so rapidly that we're down to one layer where we had five layers per server at launch. That's a 80% loss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, most servers are.
    Well, they're not.

Most people on my friends list legit just raid log. So they play 2 hours a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Don't know.

All I know is that I regularly spend 1 or 2 hours spamming the channels with "Heal LFG MC / Ony / DM", then nobody contacts me, at which point I go offline.

If you're in a guild with only close friends you get nowhere, since it's rare enough that we're all online at the same time to form groups, and not large enough to even think about forming raids.
    That's the reason for dungeon finder being implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    It is absolutely hilarious that you're really non-ironically using WoD as an example. LOL.

If you think that 'WoD bump' in subscribers stuck around longer than a month, it really isn't a stretch to believe that you think there's still millions playing classic.
    You know why we dont know? Because retail is so shit, they stopped reporting subscription numbers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic isn't dead but it isn't the grand resurgence of MMOs that some people claimed it would be. It is stable and will flair when new content gets released, look for classic to be a content drought activity for most players.

10+ Year Old Account
    we just literally had 2 days ago a proof from blizz themselves that classic is alive more than wow was in years, meaning that either TBC or Wrath had more wow subs than classic has now
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power