Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Because you think so this is not the case. 3 on my friendlist, people who claimed they won't play retail again and came back for classic, are now playing retail, have tons of fun and haven't touched classic since than. One more now plays both. 3 out of ~20 that I have seen in classic claimed that, too. And why? Thery reached level 60 and played hardcore casual endgame with no effort needed at all.
    Everyone I've spoken to has said the opposite, but each to their own. MC is also the first ever raid added to WoW, it was not going to be hard compared to all the other fights we've had over the years. Did anyone honestly think Classic was going to be insanely challenging? Granted I was still shocked how easy MC was, I never expected to find any aspect other than time hard after raiding all though Wrath, Cata, and some of MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like 9 out of 10 of the people I know who tried out Classic have quit, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for many other communities.

So yes, there were millions of new subscribers initially when it launched - but there's no way there are millions still playing it. Sure the population is healthy and fine on many servers, but it's no longer as gigantic as people believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Hahahahahahahah, there is like hundreds of things to do, ofc if you like the game.
    HAhahahahaaha, yeah you can always go and kiss the critters of Northrend and such. Ok, rephrase, MEANINGFUL things to do that is relevant to the latest content, u know what most of us consider proper content, instead of farming TK for the 200th time to hope Ashes will drop!

Why its always people desperately praising classic against people in dire need on shitting on classic? Come on, it's here to stay. Aswel as retail. Let's be happy about getting both things huh? Both are WoW anyway

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    undead walking huh...
    Hungover too?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Welp at least it’s more popular than retail.
    What this guy said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Like 9 out of 10 of the people I know who tried out Classic have quit, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for many other communities.

So yes, there were millions of new subscribers initially when it launched - but there's no way there are millions still playing it. Sure the population is healthy and fine on many servers, but it's no longer as gigantic as people believe.
    if 9/10 people who tried classic quit, then 99/100 people who tried BFA quit as well.

No, it's just the people that are playing are not on forums or saying anything at all, cause they are playing the game.

We just had the quarterly reports saying Classic is a massive succes. This forum might not have a lot of Classic discussion, but this is kind of a shit place for the game as there are a lot of angry retail fanboys invading threads and telling you why you should not like your game. On Twitch its still like 90-95% of the WoW section, also not a reliable source but it says a lot more than judging this boards popularity.

BFA on the other hand feels much more dead than the game has ever been.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't hop on the 'It's only MC' bullshit. Back in vanilla, where everyone was bad, almost every boss, if it was not bugged, was dead on day 1 or 2. BWL was clear on day 1 beside Nefarian, who was bugged, and dead on day 1 after fix (which always only took months to get deployed). C'thun was dead on PULL one after bugfix. The optional bosses were not done before and were dead on day one.

Naxx boss kills spread over 7 days I guess beside a bugged Gothik and the only 'Hard' boss in classic, four horsemen.

Bullshit 'only mc' crap. In retail right now you are able to push as hard as you can through M+ and Mythic raiding is challenging somewhat. In Classic you only have something easier than any LFR ever done in this game, and that is...boring?
    But from what I see in Classic most people who stick with classic are AFK'ing in Orgrimmar or Barrend and chatting. They don't care for crap gameplay with 1 button classes mostly (maximum 3!) and boring endgame.
    But for that I have real life friends. I know, it sounds wierd, WoW players having real life friends dafuq. WoW players not having thousand of posts in forums about games dafuq.

Whatever, makes no sense to talk with hardcore classic fanboys. 400k active 60s ion three weeks as seen in wowpop says it all.
    Damn, must have struck a nerve with such a simple post. Why are you so mad about Classic's success? Maybe you should go outside mate.

I’m so tired of calling a game dead just because it isn’t the flavor of the month any more. Classic is not dead and nor is retail.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic dead? Yeah migrations for servers because of high population sounds like dying game xD LFG spam all around and world full of lvling ppl. Totally dead.

TBH im still lvling my mage and tried some retail after patch. Yes i back to classic right now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it becomes boring to hear the same bullshit arguments that make no sense over and over again.

But why should I be mad about classics success? I want it to be succesful. I want BC/WOtlk Servers that won't happen if it is not succesful. And while they are not there the classic pop gives more money for the retail development while classic won't get further developed (like classic+) at all as somehwat said at blizzcon.
    I didn't make any argument, sounds like you're arguing with yourself. I didn't once say Classic was hard, I said the opposite.

I also think TBC servers are pretty much a guarantee, won't cost them much to do in terms of money and time, and is likely to be bigger than even Classic and bring another wave of players.

Quote Originally Posted by BrillGates View Post
    Everything is dying.

You, your loved ones, the universe... And World of Warcraft.. It's a part of the cycle.

Now, you have to enjoy it while it lasts instead of focusing on the end.
    Do you even have ANY proof to back up those wild statements?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    if 9/10 people who tried classic quit, then 99/100 people who tried BFA quit as well.
    Yes, and?

/10chars
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my realm is still layered because there's too many players. Interesting to see if the queue comes back now that they're removing layering. Oh and it's PvE.

I came to see silly asumptions, and i wasnt dissapointed, these guys are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well, going by this forum, its definitely not as popular as many would lead you to believe, and many, MANY people are leaving. This isnt an issue, but its certainly a fact.
    Well, what a silly thing to say with absolutely NOTHING to support it from a numbers perspective.

15+ Year Old Account
    My guild plays everyday, online 50-70 people. MC runs always full with bench people always around.
    But my friends didnt make it to 40+ levels ;D Gf left after 15 lvl, some friends on 20 lvl.

So... It's like saying emocore is dead when you dont listen to emocore
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Feels fairly alive to me, but our server had layering removed two weeks ago so that's likely the largest culprit.

What they reported, at least how it reads to me, is that it was incredibly popular during that quarterly release and that there is an active community still playing it. This isn't me being a doomsayer, but a lot of you clearly read the words of the released statement with 100% conviction that it fits your narrative completely. Without actual hard numbers you would be borderline retarded to assume anything regarding the health of classic.

What we do know is that it had a lot of hype and a lot of people subscribed for that quarter. What we don't know is how many people were subscribed prior to classic releasing, and what the numbers look like now. If live had say 3 million people playing it a month before classic, and 2.5 million people subscribed before that quarterly report, this still says nothing concrete about the two months after classic released. What we can assume is that retail subscription numbers are probably pretty static at this point (prior to classic, it was like 2 1/2 months into it's patch cycle, which is about a few weeks past the point that people taper off) and that any notable subscription loss at this point would be a result of people losing interest in classic (people certainly weren't subscribing in mass in middle to late August because of 8.2). All we know is that they stated it's well above pre-classic subscription numbers, and that's all we're ever going to know because they don't release exact numbers.

My numbers above are entirely made up, but assume that the 2.5 million I cited was true. From that you would have to guess what "well above" would mean using said number.

I like classic a lot, I really do, but the fanaticism from select individuals here and in-game is pretty retarded. It feels like some people aren't bound in reality, and you're easily the worst part of the community (again, whether it's here or in-game). You see what you want to see though.
    No need to panic. It's all simple and easy. Classic was released for existing "vanilla" fan base with hope to attract some retail players. It's natural that those numbers will never bound to stay that high. True hard fans will stay loyal to classic, others just comes and goes away.

Yep, it certainly is. It's gonna be a real wakeup call when people realize they're gonna get camped 24/7 with honor coming out