Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamurello View Post
    people got to level 20 something and then realized what a soul crushing grind levelling is so majority quit, some diehards left but slowly leaving..
    Never had that kind of experience. Never played WoW back in these days, when leveling took days. Amd funnily enough, I enjoy it woithout being a diehard. I am not bored either. I enjoy being able to skill up my professions in pair with leveling. I enjoy the community. I enjoy the world when I can feel endangered. I enjoy the need to utilize my spells. I enjoy the need for consumables and thinking twice before making a decision.

I guess you're the opposer of Classic experience so you came here to whine a bit I won't say it's the best I have seen, but the concept of a real, vivid and difficult world buys me. It also gave me an idea of how WoW got oversimplified, so that many aspects if the game became meaningless, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    HAhahahahaaha, yeah you can always go and kiss the critters of Northrend and such. Ok, rephrase, MEANINGFUL things to do that is relevant to the latest content, u know what most of us consider proper content, instead of farming TK for the 200th time to hope Ashes will drop!
    That applies to classic too, farming MC until your eyes bleed out (consdering the snorefest it is), so your argument is completely retarded.

I leveled till level 10, I think..

Popular enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I keep reading that everywhere.

Can classic players confirm or deny?
    so if you are reading this everywhere you must have some links to examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    No its not. Millions are still playing.
    Last I heard it was a cajillion. If more than a million even log on much less play consistently I'd be blown away.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    Saying it's popular =/= asserting that there's definitely for sure absolutely 100% millions of players still playing. Calm down. Driving the largest sub increase in history doesn't say anything, literally at all about the CURRENT population.
    Stop and actually think for a moment.

The largest quarterly sub increase in franchise history. Think about that, and ask yourself again if it’s reasonable to say that this information is COMPLETELY orthogonal to an estimate of the current classic player base (your claim).

I would imagine it still has more people playing than BfA. So if Classic is dead/dying what does that say about retail? Go try Classic sometime, you can barely find mobs to kill because there's so many people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Jesus wept.

Who cares?
    Why does everything on this shitty forum have to be a pissing contest by people who have to find some reason to justify their like or dislike for something. I wish I genuinely had such an uneventiful life to whine about such an irrelevant subject.

It literally doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I know!

Neither is changing their mind, and it is *almost* as if it is two totally differinggames played by differing types of people. Neither is a better or worse player for it, and you enjoy what you enjoy.

Peeps need to get over it, already and just accept things and move on.
    Yeah. It's like that xbox vs playstation shit all over again, just this time it's the same company lul

Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    no but BFA is

what a ghost town lmao
    I know retail is a ghost town I play retail. They better rush Shadowlands or add some kind of bots till december 2020
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    That applies to classic too, farming MC until your eyes bleed out (consdering the snorefest it is), so your argument is completely retarded.
    You are retarded in that case as you obviously missed the point that I said BOTH WoW are in decline with nothing to do, so wtf are you all about? Did I even claim Classic is more content than BFA?

Wait, I have a solution for you! https://www.amazon.com/Scholastic-Su...s%2C254&sr=8-2

Infracted: Flaming {ML}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-11 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    This is a pretty generous interpretation of the information given.
    hey bud i think you confused "generous" with "literal", have fun buying +10's every week though.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES it is DEAD!
    probably a generational thing to care about the hive's opinion
    at least now the classic players can have some peace!
    huge pop by the way on all the realms I play

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, I uninstalled it 1 month ago because it was a boring experience, but many of my friend are still playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Classic WoW is the biggest scam that any one company has perpetrated and mindless dummy droves can’t even see it. It makes me sick to my stomach when I realize i’m associated with “gamers” because of my hobby.

In one breath, gamers “rise up” against predatory monetization tactics, poor quality products and rehashes. Then then flock to Pay for fucking Classic WoW, a game over 15 years old.

And honestly, the game wasn’t even that good. Broken raids. Broken leveling. Broken quests. Broken story. Broken specs.

But here we are.

Fuck my life.
    Imagine being that mad about '15yo dead game'.

Don't know.

All I know is that I regularly spend 1 or 2 hours spamming the channels with "Heal LFG MC / Ony / DM", then nobody contacts me, at which point I go offline.

If you're in a guild with only close friends you get nowhere, since it's rare enough that we're all online at the same time to form groups, and not large enough to even think about forming raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Nope, not at all.

Heck, even leveling alts, the starter zones are still quite crowded nearly 3 months later now. The amount of data in my AH add-on remains consistent each scan (usually a couple of times a day).

"Classic is dead" is nothing more than projection of the Retail players who fervently want for it to be true. Wishing does not make it so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Well, going by this forum, its definitely not as popular as many would lead you to believe, and many, MANY people are leaving. This isnt an issue, but its certainly a fact.
    Generally only the loudest people are being heard on forums and other medias. Which means either the most positive ones or the most negative ones are seen. Then you have the issue of not even the majority of the players using the forums. There are still queues on many of the realms, after Tuesday when they remove layers this will be even more so.

10+ Year Old Account

I can only speak for Bloodsail, but it remains very active. Just the other day I was grouping in Duskwood for quests and the zone was crowded enough that we had to wait for mob respawns for skeleton/ghoul kill quests at the Raven Hill cemetery. If memory serves, Bloodsail Buccaneers is mid-size for NA Classic server population, so I imagine the bigger, more popular servers are quite busy.

Also, Blizzard mentioned that Classic continues to grow as of the Q3 report, so that's also a thing. I don't expect Classic will 'die off' until Naxxramas has had plenty of time to breathe, and by then we'll know for sure what their plan for Classic going forward is, be it just keeping everything on 1.13, introducing a TBC server pool, or progressing into a new set of content designed under the Classic design ethos.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Not at all, it's just that there's a pretty significant content drought right now so people only log in for 90 minutes each week to clear the raids then go back to play retail or other games.

Well for the last couple of days I have daily logged my paladin, write in lfg channel "lvl 42 paladin healer lf dungeon grp" and I never get anyone contacting me. So I log off and play my rogue for a bit, then just call it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Not at all, it's just that there's a pretty significant content drought right now so people only log in for 90 minutes each week to clear the raids then go back to play retail or other games.
    yeah the friends I have that play classic does this. They rushed to 60 when it launched while I couldnt keep up with them. So im left behind and they only log for the raid. We are all in the same guild and I see this trend is getting more widespread.

But then again, phase 2 is right around the corner. That will for sure bring people online for some pvp crazyness.