Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't care, as long as the gameplay is good.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2019-11-10 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    Its clearly just them systematicly removing stuff over the years just to bring it back as a "new" feature of an expac. I call it lazy and it clearly shows that they dont have the manpower in development they used to have anymore.
    Yup all part of their long con. Slowly making the game worse for years so they can give people old things gas as new.... Next can we talk about how the earth is flat?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm am definitely not excited for getting a bunch of crap from the other lock specs shoved on me. I play destruction for a reason. If I wanted a bunch of DoTs on my bars I would play affliction. And if I wanted a bunch of pets I'd play demonology. FFS I miss when Grimoire of Sacrifice was the go to talent and I could just eat the demon for his ability.

AND CURSES!!! Why on earth are they putting curses back? Who is excited about curses? It's just another thing to manage and they're so damn boring. I was legitimately happy when they removed curses and now the little shits are coming back.

So far, the only lock thing I'm happy about is demonic circle not being a talent anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I feel so many on here mostly just raid. To you it seems only a few buttons are enough, but for me my classes feels lacking and barebones to what they once were.
    To me it feels like a lot of these people started playing after Mop and they don't actually know what it was like to have the abilities. You don't know what's you're missing if you never experienced it in the first place. I personally think that Enh shamans were way more fun in Wrath/Cata. Playing an Enh shaman doesn't even feel like a Shaman anymore.

I'll hold my judgement until Beta on that but right now, my biggest fear remains that they'll simply slap those abilities back into the spellbook and say "there you go".

I don't want Searing totem back, it was a horrible spell, unless they give those spells updated gameplay, like they did with some abilities that returned via PvP talents, they should just stay dead.

Flavor is nice and all but wears down sooner or later, then those "flavor" abilities just piss you off because you have to press them every minute or whenever you engage another mob.

If implemented right, then sure. If they are just tossing spells in for no reason than "class identity", then don't bother. They said they won't change much when it comes to rotation and abilities you use, spec identity will remain. And that's good.

Legion class design was awesome, BfA less, but it's 90% gameplay, and not so much "muh class design".

I know a few people that aren't hyped.

The people who will go against the status quo no matter what.

I do enjoy how it is now - you have a "feeling" of the spec you play(lets say fire, frost or arcane mage). Makes no sense for a frost mage to have fireball.

That said - there are stuff, atleast for other classes that dont really are that much of a issue.

Why cant all paladin specs give Blessings?
    Why cant all paladin specs have auras?

Why cant all hunter specs have traps?

Stuff like that. Not major things, but certain stuff that makes a paladin a paladin, a hunter a hunter.

Who really cares if they add few pointless talents

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean a lot of people saw this coming. They take abilities away, bring them back, people then say "oh they're listening" but people saw this coming.

I don't care about them bringing stuff back, just that I want the game fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I mean a lot of people saw this coming. They take abilities away, bring them back, people then say "oh they're listening" but people saw this coming.

I don't care about them bringing stuff back, just that I want the game fun again.
    And that's what really matters, not if it focus more on class or spec identity. If the gameplay is good, then it's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I made this thread back in June when Ion alluded to class-identity in one of the Dev Q&A streams already: Class Identity could DOWN DOWN the game

Currently there is still very little information on exactly how they're going to go forward with implementing class identity.

One thing that didn't happen though is the return of vanilla style talent trees. Which might be a good thing in itself, as that would be the main culprit for having the same baseline abilities across all 3 specs.
    Regarding your quoted post, I really can't see how going back to a design style they used during the prime of WoW regarding both subscriber and later gameplay-wise could ever be regarded as "further simplification".
    If anything, the game is the simplest it's ever been in regards to gameplay, as every spec is now watered down to builder-spender with very limited amount of buttons available compared to previous expansions.

Specs and spec flavour have existed since TBC alongside an actual class based system, I genuinely cannot fathom people who think this is somehow a downgrade or in any way "the death of gameplay".
    It's facetious at best and I genuinely question if those people have played the game pre-WoD.

I'm not. Not for anything the idea is purporting, but rather just being brutally honest in remembering that we've been down this road with every expansion, multiple times, for 15 years. Remember "Bring the Player, not the Class"? Shit, I remember back in Vanilla when we went through the individual Class Updates every patch.

They've had 15 years of constantly changing and shifting and adjusting and meddling with the Classes - but everybody's now acting like THIS is the time they're serious and are going to get it right!? And never ever ever to be meddled with ever again - and will be perfectly balanced in all ways!?

Seriously!? o_O

Where this all got screwed up was they took the same set of 15 spells/abilities and divided it up among the 3/4 specs of a class instead of adding additional, spec-specific abilities to the roster. Had they done this, the classes wouldn't have felt so overpruned. But they took the lazy way out instead of even attempting to balance new abilities. That's why people want classes back the way they were, some even as far back of MoP. It's not really anything to do with class vs. spec identity, it's how they divided up existing abilities instead of adding anything new or interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm not. Not for anything the idea is purporting, but rather just being brutally honest in remembering that we've been down this road with every expansion, multiple times, for 15 years. Remember "Bring the Player, not the Class"? Shit, I remember back in Vanilla when we went through the individual Class Updates every patch.

They've had 15 years of constantly changing and shifting and adjusting and meddling with the Classes - but everybody's now acting like THIS is the time they're serious and are going to get it right!? And never ever ever to be meddled with ever again - and will be perfectly balanced in all ways!?

Seriously!? o_O
    I don't think anyone's expecting them to somehow perfect classes, I think people just want classes not to be the dreary shitpiles they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
    yeah I'm thrilled to be mushed together with all the other hunters with no real identity to either of the specs..Why don't people get it's a step backwards instead of forwards. Why even have specs at all..why even have classes..just give everybody the same thing
    A step backwards is 100% what we asked for. Class design became one of the biggest complaints people had post-WoD because they diced up the classes into 3 anemic specs.

It's honestly weird how many of you can't just accept that you won't use some spells in every situation. If you're a Fire Mage at heart and will never use Frostbolt for instance, literally nobody cares. It's there if you need to in a niche situation, there is no downside at all to having it. Like seriously at all.

How are you people complaining about having more stuff. Oh god the horror, all Paladins will have Aura buffs now not just Holy Paladins and not just in talents. How terrible is it if Mages can all slow a mob, or Warlocks can all Curse something. How will you ever survive the added utility.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2019-11-10 at 02:17 PM.

I can just imagine a frost mage spamming fireball, and saying why am i doing no damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And that's what really matters, not if it focus more on class or spec identity. If the gameplay is good, then it's good.
    Pretty much. I believe enchancement shaman got the short end on the stick this expansion so I feel for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Pretty much. I believe enchancement shaman got the short end on the stick this expansion so I feel for them.
    Yeah, "you are getting an overhaul later" and then it didn't happen. Must suck.

Not me. My comfortable actionbar setup is at max as it is, I don't even know where to put the shit coming back next expansion.

Guesd I'll have to start clicking on some abilities because I sure as hell won't have room for them as keybinds.

God I wish I played ret pala or destro lock, their actionbars have huge holes in them, ready to be filled with crap.