Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And I am the one with hard on for you? Just give up already, I have given you up. Don't even bother try to think that I am the one doing the things you are talking about here. Next time, don't quote my post with some condescending reply like you did to several other in this thread that didn't agree with you and you won't get this kind of backlash.

You almost go off the rails when discussing with kalisandra up here as well about the enchancement spec in Legion. You think you discuss nicely don't you? Only with people that agrees with you 100%.

Now really, piss off.
    Yet you for some reason keep replying to me, trying to make excuses for the fact that you can't even hold any form of argument.

Also, it's funny you should be the one talking about condescending replies when your entire attitude in this entire thread has basically been 'you're wrong for not agreeing with me'. Maybe you should tell that to Blizzard, since you're trying to tell them that they're wrong aswell. I'm sure they'll listen to you.
    Are you finally done with your strawmans?

It would be nice to finally read a post that isn't a solid copy-paste of the last 6 replies you've made since it's just a bunch of 'NO U' and strawmen without actually trying to argue why you have your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Exactly this, I like spec identity and have for each spec a different char.
    Exactly this.

Im hyped for a return to the class feeling instead of the spec.

I'm not really digging it. They're essentially taking us from a psuedo 35 class game to a 12 class game while also not adding a new class.

Right now, not a single class looks appealing to me in SL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    As I've played since WoW launch, I am DYING to get back to class identity rather than spec identity.

The last two expansions since their whole 'spec identity' shtick has been the worst expansions thus far when it comes to class design and I don't think that's a coincidence.
    Indeed. A return to emphasis of class over spec is sorely needed. Pre-Cata, your other two specs at the very least supplemented your main, if not lead to some wonky (and fun) hybrid specs altogether. Having specs rigidly exclusive to each other makes for some very stale and boring gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Yet you for some reason keep replying to me, trying to make excuses for the fact that you can't even hold any form of argument.

Also, it's funny you should be the one talking about condescending replies when your entire attitude in this entire thread has basically been 'you're wrong for not agreeing with me'. Maybe you should tell that to Blizzard, since you're trying to tell them that they're wrong aswell. I'm sure they'll listen to you.
    Are you finally done with your strawmans?

It would be nice to finally read a post that isn't a solid copy-paste of the last 6 replies you've made since it's just a bunch of 'NO U' and strawmen without actually trying to argue why you have your stance.
    You should really look up in the dictionary. Next time don't mock people for anything about language when you can't even fathom what a strawman is. And you keep replying to me, where is the lo... sorry, my bad. Stop responding then, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They didn't add anything at all to the specs when they did it, they just took shit away... Their idea of making the specs "unique" was to take the baseline toolkit, that everyone had access to, and divide it up amongst the specs for no fucking reason.

What did Assassination gain from taking poisons and Garrote/Rupture away from Sub and Combat/Outlaw? Nothing.

What did Outlaw gain from taking Gouge and Slice and Dice away from Sub/Assassin? Nothing.

What did Holy gain from taking Holy Light away from Prot and Ret? Nothing.

Show me a single instance where a spec was made better by removing baseline abilities from another spec. You can't, because it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Spec was below class in Wrath too, and Wrath was fucking great, lot better than this shit.
    Frost mages go a talent tree full of frost abilities.
    Also kits in general were rebalanced around not having that utility. Every xpac blizz added more and more bullshit to classes that bloated the action bars with non impactful crap. Trimming it to focus more on slecific utility is better design, they just needed to go further with buffing spec specific utility.
    More iant always better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You should really look up in the dictionary. Next time don't mock people for anything about language when you can't even fathom what a strawman is. And you keep replying to me, where is the lo... sorry, my bad. Stop responding then, easy.
    As previously stated, I didn't mock you for your language, I genuinely asked and you took it as an insult for some reason. I guess you're just DYING to find something to brandish your victim card to.

Secondly, I am well aware of what a strawman is, it's specifically why I keep using that word in regards to what you attempt to call an argument.
    I'm glad to see that you can just choose to run whenever your narrative gets blown out and abjectly failed the argument, while also throwing a hissyfit.
    Nice, maturely done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Exactly this.
    You're not losing anything, so, this doesn't harm your ability to do that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account

Question

Ronnosh
    other two specs at the very least supplemented your main, if not lead to some wonky (and fun) hybrid specs altogether
    Right. But look what an interesting situation this turns out to be, there is no normally developed talent system for this. This is what should be alarming here. Everything is still covered in mystery, but one without the other really doesn't work much. Do you see the irony in their recent statements?

<<BACK | NEXT>>
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-13 at 07:35 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    We're talking about baseline stuff here, not talents, that's a separate issue.

Also kits in general were rebalanced around not having that utility.
    very poorly.

Every xpac blizz added more and more bullshit to classes that bloated the action bars with non impactful crap.
    This literally hasn't happened since Cata.

Trimming it to focus more on slecific utility is better design
    I disagree entirely.

More iant always better.
    In many cases, it was.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't trust the current team to do much with the classes/specs to make them immersive, they don't seem very creative and/or talented.

I play this game since day 1 and no, I'm not hyped until I see what they plan to do. I have never thought of leveling more then one of each class until Legion when I felt a real difference between each spec, when I did get 36 110s. Now in Classic, I would need to be really bored to level, let's say, an other warlock. Even if I spec Demo or Destruction (Demo more likely, Destruct might be a pain), my playstyle would be the same, Succubus, dots and wand. The only classe I would see level twice would be the those with a melee and a caster spec, Shaman and Druid, but Elemental and Oomkin look like pain to level so I will certainly pass.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthonion1 View Post
    Just theoretical as I probably won't play Shadowlands.

to boost playtime, it's artifical complexity just like to be some grindy new feature traits.

how is it “artificial complexity”?

It’s either complex or it isn’t.

Keep grasping at straws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I play this game since day 1 and no, I'm not hyped until I see what they plan to do. I have never thought of leveling more then one of each class until Legion when I felt a real difference between each spec, when I did get 36 110s. Now in Classic, I would need to be really bored to level, let's say, an other warlock. Even if I spec Demo or Destruction (Demo more likely, Destruct might be a pain), my playstyle would be the same, Succubus, dots and wand. The only classe I would see level twice would be the those with a melee and a caster spec, Shaman and Druid, but Elemental and Oomkin look like pain to level so I will certainly pass.
    Uh.. you do know that you can respec, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Also kits in general were rebalanced around not having that utility. Every xpac blizz added more and more bullshit to classes that bloated the action bars with non impactful crap. Trimming it to focus more on slecific utility is better design, they just needed to go further with buffing spec specific utility.
    More iant always better.
    This is why most of the specs felt better in Legion than in a long time really. Specifically as a mage, going into depth of one spec is a good feeling. Can argue for druids and paladins having more class spesific spells for all, but as a mage, I really like that I am an Arcane Mage, not delving into the sub-schools of magic.

For that reason I do like paladin auras, ress dead for DK, Hunter's mark for hunters, cyclone for druids etc. Having fire blast as an Arcane Mage, not so much. Just feels off.

"Return to class" exists because they realized the differentiation meant they were actually balancing 36 classes rather than 12. It has nothing to do with what most players want.

Of course they said it so many will reply saying they wanted it all along, but that isn't the case. People weren't complaining that Outlaw felt too different from Subtlety. It was awesome that Outlaw felt like a pirate and Subtlety a sneaky backstabber.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And they'll find that this simply isn't true. The pruning was done for reasons, and those reasons haven't gone away.

I suspect a true return to what they had before would be utterly disastrous.
    Because its working so well, so far?

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Schizoide
    People weren't complaining that Outlaw felt too different from Subtlety
    Actually they did... we did, and continue to do. Pirates "as class mechanics" don't belong to rogue theme, by the way at all. And, no, it isn't.

...same with current SVhunters' part, just don't fit.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-12 at 08:04 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    "Return to class" exists because
    of classics success.