Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    And I see the Post legion system as diluting the class.

Disagree, just balance them properly and this is a non-issue. The overwhelming majority of people don't min-max like that anyways and never have.
    I think classes are obsolete and stifle spec design.
    Too many players follow sims, perception is a bigger issue than performance tbh, but if at least they performed a different role both options would have a niche as opposed to spec1 and spec1+

Yeah screw class identity

My paladin doesn't want to get aura's back
    I'm a retired pally not a stupid healer
    And maybe I don't want to have an execute
    Maybe I don't think consecrate should be baseline

Geez it's like blizz is trying to give us utility and choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I think classes are obsolete and stifle spec design.
    They are taking literally nothing away from the specs when they do this, so this statement is completely unwarranted... You are acting like this change is going to hamper spec identity when it won't do anything of the sort, because all they did when they started focusing on spec identity was take things away... Clearly the overfocus on spec identity is what stifled overall class design.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-11-12 at 07:07 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

IMO the pruning since MOP has made the classes very boring and shallow to play *unless you're a raider, while back during one of the Dev talks the pruning was partly so they could make more complicated raids, which is all fine and dandy but outside of raids IMO the class design was a snoozefest and very little RPG'ish and too MOBA'ish design. Your toon starts as a class then later goes into a specialty - going to that should not make you forget the basic's of the class - mage first or druid first then fire or guardian or etc etc....

lmao
    you all are being suckered in so nicely
    hold the vaseline
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    You shouldn't think of WoW as a game that only takes place within a perfectly controlled single target boss environment where you only use your rotation, as it rarely ever is like that.
    While I share this sentiment, it's no surprise that there are so many folks ITT thinking that if something isn't part of a raid rotation, it's useless and must be done away with. Blizzard's actions make very clear that they care first and foremost about raids, and everything else is essentially an afterthought.

At some point in WoW's history, it stopped being an RPG and became a glorified visual novel + raid boss simulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While I share this sentiment, it's no surprise that there are so many folks ITT thinking that if something isn't part of a raid rotation, it's useless and must be done away with. Blizzard's actions make very clear that they care first and foremost about raids, and everything else is essentially an afterthought.

At some point in WoW's history, it stopped being an RPG and became a glorified visual novel + raid boss simulator.
    Of course, I definitely agree with this, it seems like Blizzard has atleast realized that they've gone a bit overboard with restricting the amount of tools we have available.
    I definitely prefer back when it was still an RPG, but you are right in the fact that it's been a long time since that was a thing still.

They are taking literally nothing away from the specs when they do this
    You don't know that. Nobody does, until we see the actual changes. Personally, I'm highly dubious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You don't know that. Nobody does, until we see the actual changes. Personally, I'm highly dubious.
    You're free to feel sceptical about the whole thing, but I don't think your fears will come true.
    One of the biggest complaints about BfA was class design and them feeling very lackluster, if they were to take things away from specs and add some things to the base class, then they'd just be at ground zero again.

They might've made a lot of mistakes the last two expansions, but they're intelligent enough to realize that they need to nail the class design for SL and fill out the gaps within the classes/specs more than anything.

Blizzard said their mea culpas many times over the past 15 years and then dramatically overreacted the next expansion. I expect the same thing to happen here. Lots of spec identity will be lost. Anyway we'll see soon enough, one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Blizzard said their mea culpas many times over the past 15 years and then dramatically overreacted the next expansion. I expect the same thing to happen here. Lots of spec identity will be lost. Anyway we'll see soon enough, one way or the other.
    Spec identity has always existed since TBC though..
    The only thing we've lost over the years was actual class identity, as when Blizzard decided to go the 'spec indentity' route, instead of reinforcing what made the specs into what they are, they just stripped the class enough to where the specs were the only things existing of substance within the classes.

I really don't care about class/spec identity, for me all it matters is if it's fun and powerful. I play rogue and DK and I'm certainly not hyped about poisons or raise dead, that doesn't make a spec into a class again imo. How about gouge and mass grip, that's what i wanted as a class.
    Last edited by Khain; 2019-11-12 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Enhancement shaman was NOT made better by its redesign. It turned a once unique play style into the same build/spend style nearly every other class now uses.
    Fury Warriors and Enhancement shamans are pretty much the same thing.... why play my shaman when my warrior does everything better with cooler animations?

Power Word: Shield in Shadowform? Yuck. Frost Nova as a Fire Mage? Gross.

Spec bleedover feels appropriate in a lot of classes for me - DK, DH, Paladin, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, and Warrior. But classes like Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, and Priest I am a lot more picky about spec bleed over because for these classes specs seem so much more polarizing, opposite, or distinct from one another.

Some of these are more egregious than others. Monks can follow Yu'lon, Xuen, Niuzao, and Chiji all at the same time, but to some extent it would feel very wrong to see yellow orbs or summon Niuzao as a Windwalker, y'know? It also feels wrong to me to use a ranged Serpent Sting as a Survival Hunter, when I feel like I should be using a melee Lacerate.

Some abilities have great spec bleed-over and are just pure "fun". But some abilities can just feel so very wrong to use in certain specs, and I hope they keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved mage in vanilla, being able to choose from which school of spells you could cast, especially when locked out of a particular school.

I'm speaking specifically about spec identity added in Legion, when they really focused on it and (mostly) succeeded. Again, just IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hyped to a certain extent. I am hyped in that utilities that I enjoyed will come back but not everything. I actually really enjoy being a frost mage and frost being everything I use. I feel like right now it's a lot more tilted to spec identity rather then class identity and I'd like the pendulum to swing the other way but not too far.

For example I main a shaman (enhance). I want to actually feel like I'm playing a shaman rather then a fury warrior or of similar design. Give me my totems back, give me a 2h again. I want to actually feel more like an Arms warrior then a fury warrior if anything. Big stormstrike hits with big WF crits. Shocks. Fire totems.

I am not because I feel Blizzard will fuck it up will still adhere to the current class design instead of adding and improving the old class design to the current as it's a dead end gameplay wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    TBC, to be exact.

They are taking literally nothing away from the specs when they do this, so this statement is completely unwarranted... You are acting like this change is going to hamper spec identity when it won't do anything of the sort, because all they did when they started focusing on spec identity was take things away... Clearly the overfocus on spec identity is what stifled overall class design.
    Im thinking of where they could go in a post class world where you can create a character and choose specs from multiple classes instead of always being locked into the same 3 creating more character diversity.
    And class identity to me means spec abilities being replaced by class ones. Thanks to legion blizz created a full frost talent tree without any fire or arcane abilities, and i dont want this reverted