Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Games like WoW but single player

Title

Are there any games with a similar to wow and single player?
    They also have to be super challenging.
    I don't care about story/music/or anything else besides gameplay.

no isometric games or diablo type games.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    Title

Wow is challenging?

WoW is a mmorpg, a single player game would just be an rpg, and there are quite a lot of good rpgs out there.

In terms of difficulty, the most challenging rpg you will ever find is dark souls, though I feel like that wouldn't be the kind of challenge you're referencing if you want something similar to wow.

Then there's obviously elder scrolls: skyrim and the witcher who are both extremely popular and would highly recommend trying if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Wow is challenging?

WoW is a mmorpg, a single player game would just be an rpg, and there are quite a lot of good rpgs out there.

In terms of difficulty, the most challenging rpg you will ever find is dark souls, though I feel like that wouldn't be the kind of challenge you're referencing if you want something similar to wow.

Then there's obviously elder scrolls: skyrim and the witcher who are both extremely popular and would highly recommend trying if you haven't.
    I want the combat system to be like wows. I have played dark souls and its just a dodge meta.

I guess the game I am imagining doesn't exist yet

Witcher. Elder Scrolls. Dark Souls. Dragon Age.

Unsure as to what you would deem "super challenging" but as to what single-player games are similar to WoW then that would be as wholol said, normal RPGs.

If you want games with a quest structure similar to WoW and kind of similar gameplay then there's the Elder Scrolls series, Witcher series, Kingdoms of Amalur and a bunch of other games.

Why the hell would you actively seek out hot key combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Why the hell would you actively seek out hot key combat.
    People like different things, I for one love hotkey combat and hate most of the "action MMOs"s

A challenging tab target combat system without the holy trinity what kind of imaginary game is that? Ofc it doesnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    A challenging tab target combat system without the holy trinity what kind of imaginary game is that? Ofc it doesnt exist.
    Unless it's a game that you get instant NPCs party that heal you and tank for you while you dps. Or tank and dps while you heal when entering dungeons etc.

Kingdoms of Amalur

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Unless it's a game that you get instant NPCs party that heal you and tank for you while you dps. Or tank and dps while you heal when entering dungeons etc.
    I guess it can exist but would be pretty boring "avoid red circles" gameplay while you heal yourself, tank and DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I guess it can exist but would be pretty boring "avoid red circles" gameplay while you heal yourself, tank and DPS.
    Think you're being a bit simplistic there, you could easily have a difficult game with proper gameplay with an ai group

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Yea I was looking into that game

10+ Year Old Account
    don't know, morrowind maybe ?
    you will really struggle to find games matching the quality. there's probably less than 5 in the world, if any

diablo 1 2 3 might be what you're looking for if it's just the gameplay

Title

I have wished for the same thing for years but there is not really any single players games that are very similar to wow. Most of the rpg's out there are either skyrim style games or diablo style games. I love diablo 3 and grim dawn. At least diablo3 and grim dawn have complex builds and cooldowns like wow does.

I wish someone did make an action rpg that was a lot like wow but designed for single player with the option of multiplayer. It also would be great if someone made a game like wow that had bots for the other roles. You would have to set the bots the way you need them to behave.

Dragon Age 3 is very similar to wow but it is kind of linear. You play as a class and have an action bar with cooldowns. It annoys me though because it has a lot of cut scenes and dialog.

Dragon's Dogma

I know you said no Isometric, but...

D1 and D2
    Titan Quest
    Neverwinter Nights
    Grimdawn

These are all your best bets. Especially games like TQ or Neverwinter which are more 1 mob at a time fighting.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2019-11-11 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Was going to suggest this as well.

You create a character, go through the tutorial, and then you are let loose in the world. Granted, it's not completely open world - IIRC you have to progress through the storyline to get to the other continent - but you're basically allowed to roam around, killing monsters, clearing dungeons, taking on quests, leveling up your character, etc. That said, I think that Dragon's Dogma may be more fleshed out. In that game, you can climb up ogres and try to stab them in the head; you can light yourself on fire and set a harpy on fire when said harpy tries to pick you up; you can pick up monsters and throw them off a cliff. You can jump off of the shield of a party member to grab onto a flying enemy, or hold enemies in place while your comrade deals the killing blow.

Ha! I've had this idea for a while, glad someone else wants it too. Maybe it will give Blizz ideas. *hint hint wink wink* There aren't many (or any) single player games that let you heal a group like you can in WoW, and I enjoy good healing systems more than DPS systems at the moment, since they are far rarer, and good ones are even rarer than that.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kingdoms of Amalur

Title

Ok so

- fuck story and music
    - only gameplay matters
    - gameplay like wow, but singleplayer and no isometric or Diablo type game

Hmm so what is the gameplay of WoW? If you leave out the multplayer part, I guess 3D action RPG is the best way to describe it. So maybe Skyrim?