Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Invest in a better mic.

    More importantly, if you're allowing your opinion of WoW's community at large to be influenced by the shit you see here and places like Reddit then there really isn't a whole lot to discuss. All these communities want are nice little echo chambers where people can slap each other on the back over their perceived shared distate for one version of the game or the other. I wager a great majority of players don't really give a shit one way or another and most would be humored by the level of seriousness some people take the argument. WoW in general is doing better than it has in a very long time despite the efforts of vocal minorities on either end of the spectrum attempting to amplify the importance of their opinion with hateful rhetoric.

  2. #22
    Rift in the community? Rofl. 99% of people are just playing the games and having fun. The vocal remaining 1% come to places like forums and Reddit to complain and bash the other game. This doesn't mean there's a big rift...

  3. #23
    There are two main problems here.

    One:

    If this is indeed some sort of serious University related work/project, then I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. Like 10% of people actually try to provide arguments here, the rest just flames the others for having a different opinion. You are basically casting pearls before swine.

    Two:

    Personally I don't think this is a subject you can really work on, because of the simple fact: people active on wow related forums are the vocal minority. By analyzing behavior shown there, you are analyzing the behavior of that minority. Not only do you not recognize how that affects the whole player base, but also don't even recognize that this is the case.

    And no, it's not the same as politics, or general views on life, where you could argue that people who aren't voting in elections have more or less the same distribution of opinions as those who do. We're talking about a game here, so the vast majority just plays it and enjoys it. Getting on the level where you actively argue about it on the forums is something most people never dream about doing.

    So if this were to be a proper scientific paper/project/whatever, you would have to very clearly state, that you are working on a minute portion of the community that is almost certainly not reflective of the larger whole.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Like I said, it doesn’t excuse his lie but the fact is that the rule needs to be changed. People should absolutely be able to start a thread for their video. We could be debating the contents of the video, as if it were a text post like any other, but instead people are more caught up with reee reeee u post ur own vid reeee, and here we are.
    There's literally a thread for nothing but self-advertising which is why self-advertising outside that thread is against the rules.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer therealstegblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kill All Mages
    Posts
    3,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    There's literally a thread for nothing but self-advertising which is why self-advertising outside that thread is against the rules.
    Except that thread is almost useless because no one checks on it, discussion of videos is generally frowned upon and because you can't really post anything other than the video it means the thread never shows up on the 'most recent posts' list, which cuts down on its traffic immensely.

    Good try, though. There's no good reason to not let people just post their videos as a thread. I can slap down your arguments all day.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Talk about living in your own world, lmao.
    Hah, the irony.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Did you just confuse a sentence with a paragraph?
    Nope, didn't confuse anything. Go read my posts again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •