Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    .... So then which are the "true" ones then and what makes you so sure you're "true"?
    How about you read Jesus's teachings, come to know him in your heart then answer that question for yourself. The only answer that will satisfy you is the one that comes from within.

hmf..Jimmy Carter teaches Bible School every Sunday. And he's probably the last moral president we'll ever get.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Zhangye Danxia National Park in the Gansu province. The best way to visit is to book a Taxi for a whole day from Zhangye or join a guided tour. There are four platforms. They have bus service between platforms. Peru have something similar. The patterns are different because one is sedimentary rock and the other is mineral rich sandstone and siltstone. Both worth visiting. Two pictures from the Peru mountain below.

Thanks for the response. Those are stunning. Did not realize such multiple colored mountains/hills existed. We get multiple colored hills in the fall here where I live. But those only last for a couple weeks until the leafs all fall off. lol.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having the best of both, tbh. Living on the edge (so mostly nature), but within 10 minutes of big stuff and 30 minutes from downtown. but if I HAD to choose, big city. I need my internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Nyc has less crime than many towns. It’s crime rate is literally below average for all city towns villages in the country. So less crimes by sheer number probably but I wouldn’t be so certain when we speak of per capita. Some small towns are twice as worse as NYC.

It also depends where you consider the city. For instance I live in New Jersey close to New York it is an urban area traffic isn’t terrible mainly the problem has been construction after years of doing no construction.

Would you consider jersey to be a city or just nyc? I guess it is the entire metropolitan area.

Generally there is only traffic from 830-930 and 430-630.
    You are more likely to be killed in NYC than in the city I live in, per 1000 people, and our police actually investigate petty crime.

I consider Jersey to be a cesspool actually. More to the point, it looks like every county in NJ has a higher population density than the county I live in, so it is pretty much urban.

I prefer my traffic, none at any time unless there is a major incident on the interstate in the only area I cant bypass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You are more likely to be killed in NYC than in the city I live in, per 1000 people, and our police actually investigate petty crime.

I consider Jersey to be a cesspool actually. More to the point, it looks like every county in NJ has a higher population density than the county I live in, so it is pretty much urban.

I prefer my traffic, none at any time unless there is a major incident on the interstate in the only area I cant bypass.
    What city do you live in

And any urban area is a cesspool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. I've lived in big cities, suburbs, and small towns. I find suburbs by far the most enjoyable.

Big cities are too cramped. Getting anywhere is a pain. Parking is a nightmare.

Small towns are too spread out. Errands become a massive time investment out of the day. And there's usually not much to do in a small town.

Suburbs are close enough to services you need, you never have to worry about parking, things aren't crowded, and yet you're still close to points of interest.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    What city do you live in

And any urban area is a cesspool?
    I dont like giving out exact locations online.

Often yes, some more so than others. Northern NJ is NOT high on my "nice place to live" meter, though it is higher than NYC (which isnt saying much).

And FYI, I have in the past lived in Middlesex County.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2019-11-13 at 04:35 AM.

Often yes, some more so than others. Northern NJ is NOT high on my "nice place to live" meter, though it is higher than NYC (which isnt saying much).

And what makes a place a cesspool

10+ Year Old Account
    And what makes a place a cesspool
    It is a sum of all its parts. Population density, cost of living, quality of life (very subjective), etc. Some cities are elevated by the area they are in, some are hurt. Of the 50 largest metro areas in the US, only 5-7 of them could you pay me enough to live on the edge of and none in the center.

The best thing about NYC area is the heavy commuter rail options, though those came at the cost of assisting in bankrupting the railroads that created them.....

Do you think all Christians are the same? There are some sects that are extremely homophobic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Anyone that hates you for being gay isn't a christian.
    As a reminder to everyone:

Thou shalt not discuss religion on MMO-Champion.

Verily I say unto thee, knock it off.

I grew up in a small town and hated it because we didnt even live in the center but like 8km outside. Want to meet a friend? - No chance, busses only coming three times a day. At the moment I would love to move to a big city(for german standards) but buying property is near impossible and I am not willing to throw away twice the rent I am paying now every month just to live in a bigger city.

It is a sum of all its parts. Population density, cost of living, quality of life (very subjective), etc. Some cities are elevated by the area they are in, some are hurt. Of the 50 largest metro areas in the US, only 5-7 of them could you pay me enough to live on the edge of and none in the center.

The best thing about NYC area is the heavy commuter rail options, though those came at the cost of assisting in bankrupting the railroads that created them.....
    Population density makes a cesspool.

Why?

Becauae I say so.

I prefer a small city or rural areas than large cities. I don't really like a lot of people or crowds and prefer to alone with my family and left alone by most people.

I know to some, particularly a professor in California, that may make me a bad person who made bad life decisions, but it's what I prefer.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    I prefer a small city or rural areas than large cities. I don't really like a lot of people or crowds and prefer to alone with my family and left alone by most people.

I know to some, particularly a professor in California, that may make me a bad person who made bad life decisions, but it's what I prefer.
    They are just people, who sometimes have shitty opinions. As long as you are not breaking any laws, be who you want to be.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Prefer for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post

You mean this fig?

Actually agree with you.
    The population density sucks ass. And I live south NJ near Philly. (Camden County)

What is small and big city?

I live in finland where places are usually smaller. I prefer mid size.

Small town. Too few things around.
    Big city. Getting anywhere takes lots of time and such problems.

Mid size. With this I mean, large enough to have stuff, but small enough that it is easy to get around and doesnt generally have big city problems.

Big city. I can not stand 'small towns' or countrysides. Fucking no.

I was born and raised in New York, lived in San Francisco, Boston and London and now live in Chicago currently. The hustle and bustle of a big city are invigorating to me.

Though I lived in a small town once and got super depressed (and bored). I would have rather been homeless in a city than live there a day longer. Just the worst.

I can't even vacation in a 'small town' or village. So boring. I like people, interreaction, the noise of life, things to do & see, art, music, nightlife, et cetera.