Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    16,947
    And before you know it you’ll have LFR and it’ll basically be retail! /s

    Nothing’s going to change. Asking is a waste of time at this stage.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And before you know it you’ll have LFR and it’ll basically be retail! /s

    Nothing’s going to change. Asking is a waste of time at this stage.
    Although i dont agree with OP, i also dont believe in the slippery slope idea that as soon as you change one thing, they will automatically change everything.

  3. #23
    If they ever release a Classic+ where QoL adjustments and new content (raids, zones) have the potential to be added, I'd love to throw these up to a vote to the active Classic+ community. For now, I want Classic WoW to reflect exactly how it was then.

  4. #24
    #3. Just #3. Only because Channel invites were not in classic. And the current system is entirely abused by Gold Farmers.

  5. #25
    I appreciate that > half of the posts itt are knee-jerk "No ChAnGeS!1!!" posts that didn't take the time to read the OP to realize that some of the complaints are about things that are either confirmed different from vanilla or potentially different.

    Gotta get in early with that terribly useful battle cry tho.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

    1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

    2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

    3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

    4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

    5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

    There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.
    Rebuttal.

    1. You wanted classic. You got what you asked for.

    /thread

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    I appreciate that > half of the posts itt are knee-jerk "No ChAnGeS!1!!" posts that didn't take the time to read the OP to realize that some of the complaints are about things that are either confirmed different from vanilla or potentially different.

    Gotta get in early with that terribly useful battle cry tho.
    You mean 1 of the complaints?

    It would appear 1,2,4 and 5 are "as they were"; it's only 3 that is different. Happy to be corrected on this, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  8. #28
    Lol at all the people saying to the OP "you wanted classic, you got what you asked for" as if the OP personally asked for NoChanges.
    Face it guys, not everyone wanted NoChanges. Don't tell me what I asked for, when it was actually OTHERS who asked for it, not me.

    Alas, OP, that's what we got and that's what you'll have to deal with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    I appreciate that > half of the posts itt are knee-jerk "No ChAnGeS!1!!" posts that didn't take the time to read the OP to realize that some of the complaints are about things that are either confirmed different from vanilla or potentially different.

    Gotta get in early with that terribly useful battle cry tho.
    Except the problem with your argument is that it's full of rubbish. Everything the OP just listed (except maybe the channel invites part which I don't know about since I never use custom channels and never have done) is exactly how it was back in 2005.

  9. #29

  10. #30
    These threads make me smile.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

    1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

    2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

    3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

    4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

    5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

    There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.

    1. No.

    2. No.

    3. Interface Options -> Social -> Block chat channel invites

    4. No.

    5. No.

    Thanks, i guess. You can fix 20% of your issues with 3 simple clicks, hurray for you!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadDest View Post
    #3. Just #3. Only because Channel invites were not in classic. And the current system is entirely abused by Gold Farmers.
    You have an option to do just that... it's already in.

  12. #32
    I wouldnt worry about it Classic has alot of problems, its just too easy. Cleared MC week one now what? 6 Months until new raid content and im pretty sure its equivalent to normal mode on retail. That in its own regard is a massively understated problem. You got ppl spending 90 hours a week playing it when truly idk how. The content is straight up easier than any private server where it was already easy enough, the consequence of this is simple. It will be hard to keep raiders in a raid group when all they do is show up each week to collect loot.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,815
    i thought gold seller spam was a feature of classic? more game immersion.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  14. #34
    Throwing out the core philosophy of the game that has made it such a success (keeping it as honest to the original as possible) for a couple small QoL improvements makes absolutely zero sense.

    One of the best parts of classic is that entitled assholes can't bitch over every little thing like the sky is falling, because, hey, it's classic, deal with it, that's how it was and that's what you signed up for.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

    1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

    2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

    3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

    4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

    5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

    There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.
    1. It's not a big deal, get over it
    2. It is more of a big deal, but find a compromise it's fine.
    3. True but you can block them in interface, seems fine.
    4. True but it's not the end of the world.
    5. I haven't had a single epic, anecdotal is anecdotal the servers have multiple times more population than in Vanilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Rebuttal.

    1. You wanted classic. You got what you asked for.

    /thread
    You make it sound like the OP personally asked for it. People were asking for Vanilla with QOL changes for long before it released, maybe the OP didn't even ask for Vanilla but is playing Classic anyway? I disagree with his points but you're trying to defeat his opinion based on views expressed by other people.

    Farmer : I wish it would rain

    Rains

    Barbie : I wish it would stop raining so I could sunbathe.

    You, to Barbie : You wanted rain, you got what you asked for.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-11-11 at 10:14 PM.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  16. #36
    need to change fast.

    You can log right now on retail

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    1. It's not a big deal, get over it
    2. It is more of a big deal, but find a compromise it's fine.
    3. True but you can block them in interface, seems fine.
    4. True but it's not the end of the world.
    5. I haven't had a single epic, anecdotal is anecdotal the servers have multiple times more population than in Vanilla.



    You make it sound like the OP personally asked for it. People were asking for Vanilla with QOL changes for long before it released, maybe the OP didn't even ask for Vanilla but is playing Classic anyway? I disagree with his points but you're trying to defeat his opinion based on views expressed by other people.

    Farmer : I wish it would rain

    Rains

    Barbie : I wish it would stop raining so I could sunbathe.

    You, to Barbie : You wanted rain, you got what you asked for.
    "People" in this case are WoW players who are notoriously easy to please and for whom a vast majority agree on any number of topics since the community is incredibly open-minded and receptive to the idea of change.

  18. #38
    You can block chat channel invites....

    My only gripe is no AOE looting and having what seems like 1 mailbox in a major city!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    You can block chat channel invites....

    My only gripe is no AOE looting and having what seems like 1 mailbox in a major city!
    I did not play classic but I do agree that AOE looting was a great addition to the game.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,266
    Realistically they should reset respec costs every so often. This actually happened in classic quite a few times depending on what class you played, and was usually a result of them overhauling or changing certain talents in a classes tree. With classic being set on one patch cycle, it's not really needed, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if respec costs were reset at the dawn of a new raid tier.

    There are certainly problems with how the old raid IDs worked, which is something they've changed numerous times. Your solution raises other problems though, especially when you consider the organizational requirements of classic (even if the raids are super easy).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •