Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The things in Classic that need to change fast.

As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.

No. Classic is classic. You want that you have retail.

Are you new here? People want Classic, not a bastardized version with your specific changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if world epics are more common I just think people are more informed and instead of equipping them because shiny purple they throw them on the AH. There are also just more players per server than there was back in the day.

#nomorechanges

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thats not classic.

you must me new here. people wanted an experience as close to original vanilla as possible and that's what we got with the pros and cons that it had back then. Do some things suck like how long it takes to get mail, sure, but thats the game as it was so thats how it is now and it doesn't need to be changed. You want a different game then go back to retail that's all I can say.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Well. Channel invites...were they in classic? My memory sucks.

3. Take Away Channel Invites. Go to your interface options, then social tab and disable chat channel invites. Pretty simple fix to that problem.

Another thread where we pretend our own preferences are best for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by flatpancake View Post
    3. Take Away Channel Invites. Go to your interface options, then social tab and disable chat channel invites. Pretty simple fix to that problem.
    It would be nice if they didn't spam up your chat box with "We blocked an invite from www.wesellgoldinclassic.w/e" every time but yes, it beats the popup for sure.

I reckon that 100% of the use of that function is from gold sellers. I guess the devs loathe to remove it because at least its a moderately contained medium, and they don't want to risk the gold sellers taking more disruptive routes to get the message across.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

You know with your classic sub you can play retail wow, which has all of those features you suggested

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    1. Raid ID
    2. Respec costs
    No, this is how it was in vanilla.

3. Take away channel invites
    This can be done, because those weren't part of vanilla anyways.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.
    The droprates haven't changed, servers just hold a lot more people than they used to and people know where to farm for things. This doesn't need to change.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with #3, both because its fucking annoying, even with channel invites blocked, and because its not a vanilla feature. Its gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It would be nice if they didn't spam up your chat box with "We blocked an invite from www.wesellgoldinclassic.w/e" every time but yes, it beats the popup for sure.

I reckon that 100% of the use of that function is from gold sellers. I guess the devs loathe to remove it because at least its a moderately contained medium, and they don't want to risk the gold sellers taking more disruptive routes to get the message across.
    Maybe it's an addon doint that messaging to you cause i have them blocked and haven't seen a single warning so far.

The only issues with classic stem from bliz making the servers much too large and starting with the last patch of the expac. I don't see a way to fix either of those things, so meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't need any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Maybe it's an addon doint that messaging to you cause i have them blocked and haven't seen a single warning so far.
    I haven't used any addons yet. It's like a system message or something (appears in a white/grey font). So I say "No, U!" and that it is an addon you have that is blocking these messages on your screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I haven't used any addons yet. It's like a system message or something (appears in a white/grey font). So I say "No, U!" and that it is an addon you have that is blocking these messages on your screen
    Yup, probably addon or filter on my side then. Still thankfully i'm not even aware of those messages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And before you know it you’ll have LFR and it’ll basically be retail! /s

Nothing’s going to change. Asking is a waste of time at this stage.