Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Running into instances after you res should be fixed. Sometimes you res up, run through the portal and nothing happens. You have to back up a few meters then run in. Not good when you're being corpse camped at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.

2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.

3. Take away channel invites - gold spammers haven, need I say more.

4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.

There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.
    Get lost buddy. Either accept Classic for what it is, or go play something else. No one want's any of these shitty ideas.

#NoChangesExceptForTheOnesIWant
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Nothing. You wanted Vanilla, play Vanilla.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    100% wrong. Potions, elemental sharpening stones, flasks, mats for engineering (dense stone etc) arcane crystals (after lionheart helmets you have crafted pants etc) constant need if enchanting mats. I'll never stop spending. Sadly. Sounds more like "I dont have to respec but I want classes that do to be poor"
    Gold sinks REMOVE GOLD FROM THE ECONOMY. Consumables do not do this. So the 100% wrong is YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    That's somewhat true, but no same person could be against free respects for example.
    A lot of sane people would argue against that. That's a huge change

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're playing a museum piece and retail is there for you as the way it is exactly because of critique like this.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

no you got your shitty vanilla wow and you better fucking love it the clunky way it is

#NoChanges

Stop trying to "Fix" Classic.

The absurd inconviniences and other weird stuff is part of the classic charm.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. Raid ID - right now, if you join a raid, you are hard coded into a specific ID and can only raid on that ID for that raid. Instead of a set ID, I believe it should be set to the boss's loot lockout. This will allow you to go back with a different group to do the bosses you missed for any reason. Say you missed the raid one night cause your sick that night. 2 nights later, you get the last 4 bosses, you can't go back and get the 6 bosses you missed. But with the change, you can go back with a pug/alt raid and be able to roll on that loot later.
    You have that in retail, even if I agree that it would be easier to get gear I also say that it will allow to player not giving importance in who they invite and with who they play, again is a thing of retail, we wanted classic, this is classic

2. Respec costs - I know some would say, if they lower the respec costs that the gold on servers would be inflated but I don't believe they would. I say they move the maximum respec cost to 20g instead of 50g. Playing a mage, I can easily farm the 100g for 2 respecs in a matter of hours, but for people like priests, druids, warriors, and others, its a lot harder to farm those amounts each week. By lowering the costs, switching specs for pve/pvp would allow more players to do those activities and foster a better experience for all.
    Again, Classic, it was well know this was a feature, your choice matters, every point spent matters.

You can do that yourself in configurations, block channel invites.

4. Mail time between alts - I don't know why this was like it in the first place, and I do remember it from Vanilla, but it was always annoying to deal with. Just let us bank our stuff better please.
    Classic again, even if is bothersome, it was classic it is classic only a few expansion this was changed. Live with it or ask for friend help.

5. Decrease the drop rate on world epics - I'm not sure if it is the same as Vanilla, as that was a long time ago, but it doesn't feel as great getting a world epic like it did back then because you go to put it up on the AH and there are about 15 of them up. It would be great if they were super rare again.
    There are so many people playing that it is normal to see so many being sold, there is nothing that can be done, maybe in a few months more and more players will quit and then things will normalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Nothing. You wanted Vanilla, play Vanilla.
    I wasn't one of the people that wanted vanilla, but it is fun to play. You have a sick sense of vision when it comes to people that you don't believe there to be no individuality. Too bad in life you will fail due to your ill conceived notions about the general public. Remember, "if you assume, your just making an ass out of u and me."

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Get lost buddy. Either accept Classic for what it is, or go play something else. No one want's any of these shitty ideas.
    I am a "someone" that wants these ideas implemented, so your premise is invalid. But thank you for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, no idea why they didn't.

It isn't game changing, makes no difference whatsoever to the *feel* of classic, and removes a LOT of potential drama from guild banks disappearing due to drama and fallout, like they did back in the day. Honestly, I woul dhave thought it was an absolute no brainer, but hey, #nochanges it is.
    It is game changing, as you listed reasons yourself. It requires guild to trust whom has the alt and materials. And it requires the player to act so they can be trusted. And those are big parts of the *feel* of classic as you said yourself.

On one scenario guild has distributed materials to multiple people's alts, e.g. named person has leathers and so on. One person leaving due to drama with materials then wont make that huge problem for the guild, since they only lose part of the materials.

For the player fallout. If the player just quits the game, without re-distributing the guild stuff, they should've not been trusted with the stuff in the first place.

Original vanilla and classic both require people trusting each other. As stupid as it sounds. Adding guild bank, like on retail, would reduce that requirement of trust.

I wasn't one of the people that wanted vanilla, but it is fun to play. You have a sick sense of vision when it comes to people that you don't believe there to be no individuality. Too bad in life you will fail due to your ill conceived notions about the general public. Remember, "if you assume, your just making an ass out of u and me."

I am a "someone" that wants these ideas implemented, so your premise is invalid. But thank you for playing.
    You're not. Try again.

People raged that they wanted Classic to be pure, to be just Classic without all the fluff. You want the fluff because you can't handle how Classic truly is. Get over it and go play something else more your speed. Even though Classic is the easiest MMO out there, its still obviously too hard for "someone" like you.

3+ Year Old Account
    As the topic states, there are a number of things that need to change.

There are more but these are what I think should be some changes for the good.
    Of course there was a lot of terrible things in vanilla, that's the whole point of bringing vanilla back.

maybe use the bank instead of the mail system?

1. That would end in people leaving Raids esrly because there is no more to items to get -> timewaste

2. High costs make you to Sticker abd commit with your Specc

3. You can block them

4. Its annoying but not too bad

5. Layers are gone now, so there will be less epix

Number 1 would be very detrimental to the social bond in raiding in classic.
    It's annoying, yes I agree, but with a change like that people would be more inclined to leave underperforming groups or those where they already received their +1 loot.

People leaving after a wipe is actually one of the most retail things ever, and nobody wants that in classic, where refilling the raids takes much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    you must me new here. people wanted an experience as close to original vanilla as possible and that's what we got with the pros and cons that it had back then. Do some things suck like how long it takes to get mail, sure, but thats the game as it was so thats how it is now and it doesn't need to be changed. You want a different game then go back to retail that's all I can say.
    Exactly. This is what we signed on for. Which means we take the bad with the good.

And sometimes, the beauty of a thing is not in it’s perfection, but in it’s flaws.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Running into instances after you res should be fixed. Sometimes you res up, run through the portal and nothing happens. You have to back up a few meters then run in. Not good when you're being corpse camped at the entrance.
    That's just a batching problem, as are many of the flaws of classic.

As soon as Batching is out, the game is more or less perfect. Right now it feels like a laggy shitshow

Guild banks.
    Another 2-3 mailboxes in big cities.
    Sub-categories in the AH for trade goods.
    Lower respec cost (dual spec would probably make things too easy).. maybe 20g?

That's about it. Bring on your #nochanges whining, IDC!