Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    well, they would have to redesign it again, because current brew expel relies on having ox orbs out.
    and WW WoD Expel Harm was more of a nuisance than cool ability.

for brewmaster, i hope they make talents like damnpen harm, guard, blackout strike baseline and replace them with new talents. wouldnt mind having xuen back just for fun. i dont expect to see things like clash or dizzying haze back but wouldnt mind if i were wrong
    Gosh, I'd love to see Brewmasters utility back:

Avert Harm + Zen Meditation combo;
    Clash;

Both of these were so satisfying and would be lovely in M+ and Raiding. I could live without Guard, I think Stagger is fine honestly but I just miss the extra movement and mob management that came from Clash and Avert Harm is the tastiest cheese.

Healing Sphere
    Expel Harm
    Spinning Fire Blossom baseline
    Grapple Weapon (loved the fact that it stole the opponents weapon and the monk used it for the duration, was very unique in terms of disarms)

What matters most to me:
    • Old Storm, Earth & Fire - the new one is just not a good ability. It takes away control from the player and is simply unreliable which makes it one of the most unfun abilities in the game. Also it makes your numbers smaller when it should be a burst CD really weird and stupid design. Old SEF had a big skill ceiling and a number of different uses for a good player.
    • Old Tigereye Brew - this was simply such a fun ability. Having your gameplay revolve around building up and managing these stacks with incredibly burst windows and the ability to put out decent offheal when needed pretty much made Windwalker the most fun spec in all of WoW for me. New TEB is pretty niche and feels like a terrible, counterintuitive ability.
    • Not really a matter of unpruning but I'll mention it anyway: buff chi burst. There was nothing more satisfying than having Chi burst as heavy hitting cast to finish off enemies. It really made the WW unique and fit the themes of the spec perfectly.
    • Replace Whirling Dragon Punch with Hurricane Strikes - it's pretty simple. Whirling Dragon Punch is just not a fun or interesting ability. It's another meaningless damage CD that bloats our bars without providing us with anything that other abilities can't do already. Hurricane Strikes on the other hand was an amazing ability which offered huge possibilities (dodging CC for example).
    • Probably one of the most important ones: Fists of Fury stun - I really don't get why Blizzard butchered this ability over the years when it used to be the most iconic WW ability. Now it just feels clunky and lacklustre in single target situations.
    Optional fun stuff:
    • Chi Explosion - fun ability that really changed up your playstyle for all specs. It's a shame they don't make abilities like that anymore.
    • Chi Torpedo with built in damage - bit of a double-edged sword. Was fun to use and made for interesting decision making since you'd basically trade mobility for damage but I get that it created "unhealthy gameplay" in some environments.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-18 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Exactly, I like everything about my monk now except having weapons always behind my back.
    But the whole point of the monk is 'fighting unarmed' and 'martial arts'?

The thing I really would like to see is Blackout Kick given to Brewmaster and given the funtionality of Blackout Strike so that we can tank with fistweapons and transmog those into the invisible ones. Having no kicks as BrM and using that sticks just for one ability is sad. Either give it more elaborate animations in more abilities (f.e. a whirlwind style aoe attack with the whirling staff weapon) or remove the weapon it completely.

Revert to MoP/WoD monk, including old Death Touch and everything removed or changed since then. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    Revert to MoP/WoD monk, including old Death Touch and everything removed or changed since then. Hopefully.
    yeah. people asking for blizzard to remake old xpac designs in their entirety are going to be dissapointed. they will add some things back in, make some talents baseline, and replace them with new talents. thats it.

no reworks. no giant redesigns. just this.

yeah. people asking for blizzard to remake old xpac designs in their entirety are going to be dissapointed. they will add some things back in, make some talents baseline, and replace them with new talents. thats it.

no reworks. no giant redesigns. just this.
    I know, I played this game since it was born. It's just wishful thinking.

Make our better PvP talents baseline, please. Holy crap I love Reverse Harm. And the "makes your fists of fury hit 100% damage against all targets holy crap I'm an unstoppable AoE killing machine" please.

IDK much else because I started monk in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Glyphs? Or I don't know
    On glyphs, being able to change the flying kick into having one of the other celestials in front of my boot would be pretty kickass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reallllly miss having a staff as WW. Other than that, baseline xuen, spinning fire blossom, SotWL, and placeacble healing spheres would be great. Oh, and grapple weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Memo85M View Post
    I want weapon animation back to all attacks. ohh wait, there never where any...
    I hope they bring back Jab or at least redo Monk animations across all specs to include weapons. By that I don't mean they should use only weapons and no fists. They could strike a balance where both weapons and fists are used.

I miss touch of death. Like, 1-shotting weak mobs on a medium cd isn't even that impressive but it was fun to do.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I reallllly miss having a staff as WW. Other than that, baseline xuen, spinning fire blossom, SotWL, and placeacble healing spheres would be great. Oh, and grapple weapon.
    Spinning Fire Blossom... I totally forgot about that ability. YES, bring it back! It felt amazing having to skillshot this thing and catching a kiting mage with it.

Then there are the PvP talents. Blizz specifically mentioned them having moved iconic spells to PvP-talents, when they would've been better kept baseline.
    Concerning those, grapple weapon, hm, why not. Tigereye Brew needs to make a comeback. Unlike SEF, it felt like a proper burst cooldown. I'd also see Fortifying Brew returned, because outside of ToK, monks are super squishy!

I miss Fistweaving. It was such a fun way to heal.

WW probably won't see staves and polearms returned. Unfortunately I think Legion basically butchered that due to artifact weapons.

I want old Mop ww back was the best of the ww
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I'd like to see Guard come back for Brewmaster baseline, I loved that talent, certainly made life better as a BrM Monk. Other than that, I can't remember, I don't think we've really been pruned much, steerable FSK would be nice!

Spinning Fire blossom
    Chi Explosion
    Dave should be baseline (statue is the best tanking utility in the game)

It would also be cool to bring back dizzying haze as was, but let it be set on fire if we want with BoF, so it could just be like consecration or death and decay lite, but optional
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-02-26 at 02:02 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

WW already has too many keys when you add in the baseline stuff, talent buttons AND pvp talent buttons.
    Not seeing why WW needs an unpruning. This will just make things convoluted as fuck, and it's not going to motivate more people to play WW than there already are.

Same story for Feral druids and Survival hunters.