Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,697
    Time-gated always existed. Even Legion artifact appearances were time-gated (you couldn't access the MT ones til ToS patch, not to say Argus for some players when they outscaled the challenges), also their leveling path was time-gated in a sense. And of course various questlines (Suramar 1&2,ToS weekly quest, Argus Questline). Time-gating is not a problem on its own, having the sole engaging content restricted by time-gating is.

  2. #142
    Mechagnome Asaliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    561
    Timegatinglands and the Tower of Borefast.

    What a time to be alive.

  3. #143
    Nice necro. OP is hilariously accurate in their prediction though.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by RedditIsDown View Post
    Nice necro. OP is hilariously accurate in their prediction though.
    Pretty much.

  5. #145
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    42,237
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Pretty much.
    Time gating has always existed in WoW.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Reps have been time gated for as long as there have been dailies, which was BC. Why are people acting like it's a new thing that the new evil ActiBlizz has put in deliberately to ruin their fun?
    do you even tabard bro?

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Time gating has always existed in WoW.
    Never has gating been this aggressive, not even in Legion and BFA. Some specs have to play with objectively pisspoor soulbinds and conduits because the viable ones won't unlock until x amount of weeks. I can't access a viable legendary power because the ones who are viable are locked to raids which I'm not interested in doing and a world boss that might not spawn for another 6 weeks while other classes/specs have viable options from day 1. I have to play a lesser version of my class/spec for months and delve into content I don't want to do because stuff has been arbitrarily gated for the sake of retaining a subscription base. It's dogshit!

  8. #148
    Warchief Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,247
    Really? The only thing that is timegated is soulbinds and the convenant campaign, but that's about it.

    And the convenant campaign is not even that important
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  9. #149
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,469
    Quote Originally Posted by RedditIsDown View Post
    Never has gating been this aggressive, not even in Legion and BFA. Some specs have to play with objectively pisspoor soulbinds and conduits because the viable ones won't unlock until x amount of weeks. I can't access a viable legendary power because the ones who are viable are locked to raids which I'm not interested in doing and a world boss that might not spawn for another 6 weeks while other classes/specs have viable options from day 1. I have to play a lesser version of my class/spec for months and delve into content I don't want to do because stuff has been arbitrarily gated for the sake of retaining a subscription base. It's dogshit!
    You are aware that you couldn’t get any legendary without raiding in the past right? And that every legendary quest line was time gated? Or that if you wanted BIS things it would take you multiple weeks as raids dropped less gear and had lock outs?

    It’s not any more time gated then past expands.

  10. #150
    Epic! Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware that you couldn’t get any legendary without raiding in the past right? And that every legendary quest line was time gated? Or that if you wanted BIS things it would take you multiple weeks as raids dropped less gear and had lock outs?

    It’s not any more time gated then past expands.
    I remember a guy named Khadgar wanting me to get him 4986 crystals......
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  11. #151
    Time Gating is being overly used this expansion no doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  12. #152
    Most things are time-gated this expansion and that's not a bad thing, like most of you "i want it all and i want it now wawa"s make it out to be.

    Blizzard doesn't want a game where players would only log in at major patch releases for a day or 2 to consume all content and then go on hiatus again. Just look at GW2... that game has a system like that and it's not good.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Time gating has always existed in WoW.
    ye but not to this ridiculous extent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Most things are time-gated this expansion and that's not a bad thing, like most of you "i want it all and i want it now wawa"s make it out to be.

    Blizzard doesn't want a game where players would only log in at major patch releases for a day or 2 to consume all content and then go on hiatus again. Just look at GW2... that game has a system like that and it's not good.
    funny guy you are

    i logged in on wednesday - i did my m0 farm , i did my thorgast im done till next wednesday .

    i could as well go on hiatus to play cyberpunk and come back when timegates are over.

    so what was your point exackly ?

    similiar with my hunter- dinged 60 on weekend - bought 151 gear of AH , cleared all m0 on monday , cleared thorgast on tuesday - guess today i will do the same what i did on main on my hunter and then what ? go and level another alt ? cba that early in expansion to have 12 alt because thats what this is heading.

    boring game is boring.

  14. #154
    Bloodsail Admiral Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,240
    When you have people who rush through the game to get to max lvl in 60 days i'm not really sure time gating is the problem here.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye but not to this ridiculous extent.

    - - - Updated - - -



    funny guy you are

    i logged in on wednesday - i did my m0 farm , i did my thorgast im done till next wednesday .

    i could as well go on hiatus to play cyberpunk and come back when timegates are over.

    so what was your point exackly ?

    similiar with my hunter- dinged 60 on weekend - bought 151 gear of AH , cleared all m0 on monday , cleared thorgast on tuesday - guess today i will do the same what i did on main on my hunter and then what ? go and level another alt ? cba that early in expansion to have 12 alt because thats what this is heading.

    boring game is boring.
    And next week you can run m+ and raid 24/7 if you like.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye but not to this ridiculous extent.

    - - - Updated - - -



    funny guy you are

    i logged in on wednesday - i did my m0 farm , i did my thorgast im done till next wednesday .

    i could as well go on hiatus to play cyberpunk and come back when timegates are over.

    so what was your point exackly ?

    similiar with my hunter- dinged 60 on weekend - bought 151 gear of AH , cleared all m0 on monday , cleared thorgast on tuesday - guess today i will do the same what i did on main on my hunter and then what ? go and level another alt ? cba that early in expansion to have 12 alt because thats what this is heading.

    boring game is boring.
    Play less each session but do more game sessions. Here fixed it for you.

    And M+ and Raid is not even out.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Really? The only thing that is timegated is soulbinds and the convenant campaign, but that's about it.

    And the convenant campaign is not even that important
    Half the convenant features are time gated by souls, that includes the covenant specific weekly events.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  18. #158
    The content they managed to put into this expansion would last 2-3 weeks if they wouldn't timegate everything

    But honestly, that's what we asked for. Content with a foreseeable end instead of the endless grind trough the whole expansion

  19. #159
    Time gate and grind are direct opposites

  20. #160
    This is modern WoW, if you don't enjoy it, fair enough. It's made for a different audience now, get over it.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •