Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Those were the days when Blizzard was ignorant enough to trust their playerbase to have some self control and not damage their health or even kill themselves, creating terrible publicity, for the company. There's a reason realm first achievements were removed.
    They didn't change it for lack of self control.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wrong. Anima isn't capped, how much Anima you can provide to improve your standing in your covenant is. Anima isn't AP, it's a currency that supposedly will also be used to obtain cosmetics and other such bonuses.

Leveling your Soulbinds and the rep "grind" are the same thing.
    Quoting for someone else to see the time-gate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    Not sure what you're going on about. The only thing they've talked about is how covenants are going to work. Have you been on Alpha or Beta to confirm that reps and covenants are time-gated? I mean, if you have I would like some proof but I am fence sitting until I see something showing me that Shadowlands is going to be the time-gate expansion.
    See above.

Maybe they won't time gate the reps. Maybe they'll just let you grind the reps.

Normal mob = 1 rep;
    Elite mob = 3 rep;
    Weekly world boss = 5 rep;

imagine all that fun, all that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    The main feature of the expansion, Covenants, just looks it will be nothing but time gated rep grinds by doing world quests, and it's going to be extremely important to do, because it will unlock new abilities that are probably very much required to do content like raiding, Mythic+, etc.

Then on top of that, it's more time gated rep grinds to unlock flying through Pathfinder. Probably even more time gated rep grinds to unlock gear and cosmetic rewards.

And then to top it all off, I hope you like being slowed down in your content consumption even more, because Titanforging is here to stay.

It seems like every design decision lately that Blizzard makes has only one goal in mind: slow down our content consumption to increase the MAU numbers by keeping people playing for longer, and make sure they're logging in every day by stopping their progress for the day and telling them to come back tomorrow. When do we get content that is just designed to be rewarding and fun to play through? Will this game ever go back to being just a well designed video game, and not a cash cow for Blizzard to design to milk the most profits from to funnel to other projects?

I don't think it ever will honestly, I know people will still buy and play Shadowlands, they'll say "time gating everything is fine, people shouldn't be able to rush through the content and then complain about having nothing to do", and Blizzard will never stop tacking a time gate on everything or making every design decision based around slowing down our content consumption as much as possible.

I can't stand it anymore, it has completely ruined my enjoyment of this game, and I don't think I can stand to play through another time gated rep grinds: the expansion. If Shadowlands isn't that, I'd be glad to give it a shot, but everything I've seen about it so far pretty much points to exactly that.
    They said covenants will have cosmetics that are timed gated. I do not remember 100% sure, but I think that the soulbind abilities will be exclusively bound to anima power. Time gated grinds have existed since the damn conception of fucking WoW dude. Rank 14 in classic, legendary weapons in wotlk/cata/daily areas with cosmetics, cloak in mop, ring in WoD, artifact/azerite power in legion/bfa. I think you haven't realised it, but you are just tired of the game and look for excuses to quit. So just quit and stop throwing random shit at the game, when you are misinformed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    More store mounts and cash shop items then ever before tho
    Oh, was there a preview of Shadowlands store mounts? Where can I see them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Everyone that has decided off of what little information we have that Shadowlands is going to be bad, that is has no endgame content, that it is a more grindy expansion then previous ones should just go away.
    Not exact. They have decided well before we had any information on the next expansion that it will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh, was there a preview of Shadowlands store mounts? Where can I see them?

- - - Updated - - -

Not exact. They have decided well before we had any information on the next expansion that it will be bad.
    Lmao you really don't think there will not be more cash shop mounts then ever before? Especially after the wc3 Refunded disaster? Lmao lmao
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Oh for fuck sakes.
    Don't know why this made me laugh, but it did because it's my reaction when I see Shadowlands threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you literally just pull idea out of your ass to get mad at something... we know jack shit about shadowlands, so perhaps wait until you actualy see anything before whining about nothing...
    Easy now? It's been all about the Rep grinds for the last expansions. So, careful with the language, thanks. :-)

I can't stand it anymore, it has completely ruined my enjoyment of this game, and I don't think I can stand to play through another time gated rep grinds: the expansion. If Shadowlands isn't that, I'd be glad to give it a shot, but everything I've seen about it so far pretty much points to exactly that.
    Time gating has been in WoW since I started playing back in TBC. It has been like this for several expansion. So why is this a revelation I am not sure.

If you are bored and no longer interested, fine. It happens to other people and for other games too.

It seems like people just wants something to complain about so they can complain about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What you said is perfectly valid and logical but that's missing the point because this ultimately comes down to emotions. Most people don't really want to quit WoW. They want to enjoy the game and are genuinely passionate about it. They just don't want to play this WoW and they feel "left behind" because the game stopped catering to their way of playing after being "loyal customers" for over a decade.
    But the OP objected to timegating which literally hasn't changed in over a decade. So we are not talking about 'left behind' design philiosophies in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Lmao you really don't think there will not be more cash shop mounts then ever before? Especially after the wc3 Refunded disaster? Lmao lmao
    So... the source is a planet between Saturn and Neptune.

Thought so.

Thought so.
    Wow they made you a mod?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    But the OP objected to timegating which literally hasn't changed in over a decade. So we are not talking about 'left behind' design philiosophies in this thread.
    This... the only recent i can remember was the one in WoD.

Hope they keep timegating via dailys and whatsoever for Reps in the game. Otherwise people NEED to nolive the shit out of them all.
    I only am fine with it if there is absolutely nothing power wise behind these reps. Otherwise you just f up everyone who can't take vacation days in that time and force everyone in a completely dull "kill mobs forever" gameplay.
    It was annoying in BC to get the keys.

Now the stuff behind the reps acts like a soft nerf to the game.

I don't get what peoples problem is with the games current timegating. There is no 3 day table missions. That was annoying as hell. Suramar was heavily timegated and it was one of the best zones in WoW ever.

Thought so.
    I am starting to think that is a standard source for "information" on this forum If there is no real info to hate, people just make up something to hate.

The main feature of the expansion, Covenants, just looks it will be nothing but time gated rep grinds by doing world quests, and it's going to be extremely important to do, because it will unlock new abilities that are probably very much required to do content like raiding, Mythic+, etc.
    I still have no idea why this is a bad thing. If you did not have WQs to do daily, what else would you do? Daily quests are there to give you something to do every day and thus build your character up a bit every day. I think the problem lies elsewhere. People are always in a rush to finish content and then complain that there is no content left. I think no Heroic boss in the last expansions has survived the day of it's raid opening, because people just wanna binge it, then they have nothing left. Luckily my guild is more chilled about stuff. We have nothing to prove to anyone so we raid how we like it.

And then to top it all off, I hope you like being slowed down in your content consumption even more, because Titanforging is here to stay.
    Last thing I heard from Ion is that TF is reeveluated, Corruption is a test run in that regard. The most likely scenario is that we get a mix of them with less power bonus but also less negative impact. In any case you are just assuming and making it sound like a fact, see my above statement for this.

It seems like every design decision lately that Blizzard makes has only one goal in mind: slow down our content consumption to increase the MAU numbers by keeping people playing for longer, and make sure they're logging in every day by stopping their progress for the day and telling them to come back tomorrow. When do we get content that is just designed to be rewarding and fun to play through? Will this game ever go back to being just a well designed video game, and not a cash cow for Blizzard to design to milk the most profits from to funnel to other projects?
    I am still very confused. Don't you want to play the game? Playing daily is kind of the thing you do with an MMO, basically since WoWs inception people have been playing daily, where is the problem? If you just want to play a game and finish it after a few hours then MMOs are likely not the thing for you... MMOs are always meant to have an extremly high play time compared to single player games that you finish after 10-50 hours and then deinstall. That is how we justify paying a sub (to ourselves most of all). Personally I play most evenings a couple of hours and on the weekend, getting me to an easy 120-130 hours a month. Paying 12 € for that seems like a good deal.
    The slowing down of content consumption also serves to bridge gaps in the content, the dreaded "draughts". If you could do everything on one day, the gaps only increase and especially those people who want to spend time with their guilds would be bored quickly.

Frankly, you seem to not be looking for an MMO. The grind of different things is part of it as is the time gating.

Might have missed something but wasnt it anima or something like that, that was used with Covenants and not rep, and you get that for doing anything?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Time-gated always existed. Even Legion artifact appearances were time-gated (you couldn't access the MT ones til ToS patch, not to say Argus for some players when they outscaled the challenges), also their leveling path was time-gated in a sense. And of course various questlines (Suramar 1&2,ToS weekly quest, Argus Questline). Time-gating is not a problem on its own, having the sole engaging content restricted by time-gating is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Timegatinglands and the Tower of Borefast.

What a time to be alive.

Nice necro. OP is hilariously accurate in their prediction though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedditIsDown View Post
    Nice necro. OP is hilariously accurate in their prediction though.
    Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Pretty much.
    Time gating has always existed in WoW.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi