Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

the faction complaints are embarrassing

If you pick an alliance race, you are alliance. If you pick a horde race, you are horde. Some races have overpowered racials, others dont. Its been this way since the game began.

The amount of people who sit on here crying all day about not being able to cross faction play at all times or how one faction is stronger than the other are frankly embarrassing and frustrating to anyone who wishes to discuss legitimate game mechanics and ideas. If you want to discuss what you think is overpowered and how to adjust that? That's a legitimate discussion. If you want to lament that they're "driving everyone to the horde" or how there's inherent favoritism from your point of view, that really should be something that gets deleted off here.

I never really saw this in other games. Nobody complains in SC2 about not having hydralisks as protoss. Nobody in WW2 games complains about not having the STG-44 as a base kit option for an American GI. So what makes WoW players think they need to set new rules for how games are made?
    A faction is an experience, balanced around a set of functions as a whole. You pick one and play that experience, and then you try the other experience and play either, both or neither.

TL;DR- stop wasting your lives complaining about something that isnt actually an issue. At all. In any way shape or form. Your headcannon is not a pivotal game decision.

Those issues have real consequences in terms of population balance. The worse it gets, the more players either leave or stack in one faction alone. At wich point development resources are being truly wasted.
    I am very sorry you are unable to rationalise it and compare it to small scale non persistant multiplayer games like it matters.

Aka you need to think about things and their consequences deeper than you do if you want answers to your questions. That is what is embarassing.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-12 at 02:46 PM.

Your entire argument is pointless when you account for faction transfers for those who dont care about the problems.

The problem IS that no one is staying Alliance/Horde and one faction is out of balance.
    Complaining is the ONLY thing that can be done to fix it. The majority of the 'good' players transfered off Alliance and wont transfer back without some sort of insentive, and then youd have the same problem anyway.

The problem isnt that people dont have faction pride... they do. Thats why the complain, because Blizzard artificially ruined the factions and hasnt fixed them yet.

I play Alliance. Its disapointing having nowhere near as many raiding guilds or competent PVPers. My solution shouldnt be to faction transfer, the problem shouldnt exist in the first place. Having Cross faction stuff is just one way to fix the problem, the most extreme, guaranteed to work. Any other solution would either take time or be unfair for the dominant side currently.

Alliance mythic raiding struggling is a legitimate issue. It will just continue to get worse as more and more people go Horde.

And yes, cross faction raiding is the only solution to the problem.

There isn't even an imbalance between racials anymore. The only difference is the size of the community on Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    There isn't even an imbalance between racials anymore. The only difference is the size of the community on Horde.
    There is a snowball effect currently in high end mythic raiding and it trickles down to average mythic guilds and also more and more to heroic guilds.

I honestly just don't know how Blizzard can even fix it at this point without starting a sh't show (they could give alliance op racials for long enough until it is somewhat 50:50 and then shut down racials in all current instanced content, that would work but understandebly start a massive uproar)

Op if you would raid heroic/mythic on alliance side especially on lower populated realms you wouldn't even dare to start such a stupid thread.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2019-11-13 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    There is a snowball effect currently in high end mythic raiding and it trickles down to average mythic guilds and also more and more to heroic guilds.

I honestly just don't know how Blizzard can even fix it at this point without starting a sh't show (they could give alliance op racials for long enough until it is somewhat 50:50 and then shut down racials in all current instanced content, that would work but understandebly start a massive uproar)
    But then that would be a blatant cash grab for faction transfers. Unless they offer mass free faction transfers there is nothing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But then that would be a blatant cash grab for faction transfers. Unless they offer mass free faction transfers there is nothing they can do.
    Yeah thats what i mean with sh'tshow, even with free transfers.

At this point i can just recommend anyone who wants to improve and maybe somewhat seriously raid to go horde, just in terms of recruiting and getting into good guilds its way better and you don't need to fear that you don't find enough players at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you pick an alliance race, you are alliance. If you pick a horde race, you are horde. Some races have overpowered racials, others dont. Its been this way since the game began.

The amount of people who sit on here crying all day about not being able to cross faction play at all times or how one faction is stronger than the other are frankly embarrassing and frustrating to anyone who wishes to discuss legitimate game mechanics and ideas. If you want to discuss what you think is overpowered and how to adjust that? That's a legitimate discussion. If you want to lament that they're "driving everyone to the horde" or how there's inherent favoritism from your point of view, that really should be something that gets deleted off here.

I never really saw this in other games. Nobody complains in SC2 about not having hydralisks as protoss. Nobody in WW2 games complains about not having the STG-44 as a base kit option for an American GI. So what makes WoW players think they need to set new rules for how games are made?
    A faction is an experience, balanced around a set of functions as a whole. You pick one and play that experience, and then you try the other experience and play either, both or neither.

TL;DR- stop wasting your lives complaining about something that isnt actually an issue. At all. In any way shape or form. Your headcannon is not a pivotal game decision.
    Sc2 is an RTS, wow is a MMORPG, there is a huge difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Alliance mythic raiding struggling is a legitimate issue. It will just continue to get worse as more and more people go Horde.

No, they'll solve the problem by getting everyone to pay transfer to Horde and then Alliance will just be more Neutral NPCs. That will solve a lot of issues

Also, I could of swore before the start of Legion ion acknowledge that there needs to be more realm connections. and yet, here we are going into Shadowlands (granted a year from now) and not a word on more mergers\connections. I mean we have all this layer and putting people in populated zones crap, but nothing to help the actual smaller servers have more healthy recruiting.

I also giggle that my server used to be listed as low and then they changed it and now it shows up high. Yet we barely have 1 mythic raiding guild, if you can count 3/8 as a mythic raiding guild
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2019-11-13 at 12:45 AM.

I am sure this thread will be instrumental in getting WoW forum posters to change their attitudes. Thank you for your significant contribution.

I never really saw this in other games. Nobody complains in SC2 about not having hydralisks as protoss.
    Comparing this to cross-faction PvE-mode in WoW, now that's embarrassing.

Any MMO you can compare it too? Never played Star Wars or Final Fantasy MMO for instance, how does it work there? Any restrictions like factions? Can half of the races, players not play with each other in FFXIV? Because that would be a legit comparison.

Having an opinion is not embarrassing. Comparing a beef steak to a lawn mower is though.

Thank you for sharing your clearly useful opinion here. We've all been enriched by your post, and look forward to further enlightenment. All hail Boo Radley, the philosophical genius, that brought us this gem.

I don't care about faction imbalance. I don't care about racials not being balanced. I don't care about Mythic Raiding problems.

What I do care about is the fact that factions are idiotic and an absolute writing crutch that has pigeonholed the narrative and use an overly simplistic view in order to get around having to tell meaningful and interesting stories.

Shitty storytelling absolutely is an issue. Nonsensical groupings of races is an issue. Having a story never actually evolve, to the point that they literally just retold the same "Horde Dictator Bad" story is a big fucking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    That's pretty much the only way they can fix it in both PvE and PvP. The problem is 95% Blizzard's fault and 5% the echo chamber effect. They let the Horde racials be too strong for too long to the point that everyone knows; If you want to be more successful in PvP, you roll Horde. If you want more opportunities for high end raiding, you roll Horde.

Even if the racials are more balanced now, which is debatable, the damage is far too much done. The only solution is boost the Alliance racials to OP amounts and when a fair amount of high end raiders or PvPers move to Alliance side, rebalance the racials to be 100% identical across the two factions. What I mean by this is two races on the opposite faction have the same damage, stat boosting, and resistance traits but different names to them.

No thanks, I think I will continue with my autistic screeching.

ty

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny that people are blaming Blizzard for something that was never an issue in the 15 years this game has been out.
    People choose which faction they want to play, people choose which side to play for, nowhere in that entire system is it somehow Blizzards fault.

There's a saying that goes something like "You made your bed now lay in it". If you want to play Alliance, then play Alliance, don't try to somehow play the victim card and ruin the core of the game for your selfish desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I find it funny that people are blaming Blizzard for something that was never an issue in the 15 years this game has been out.
    People choose which faction they want to play, people choose which side to play for, nowhere in that entire system is it somehow Blizzards fault.

There's a saying that goes something like "You made your bed now lay in it". If you want to play Alliance, then play Alliance, don't try to somehow play the victim card and ruin the core of the game for your selfish desires.
    Did you decide not to read a single reply in this thread and just take a huge shit in it, for the sake of it?

It was explained above how Blizzard fucked it up, by letting one of the factions have overpowered racials for quite some time. "Snowball" effect followed etc...

Plus, there really is NO downside to playing Horde. The only good thing the Alliance had out of the whole deal was faster Battleground queues, but thanks to Mercenary Mode the Horde have it as well.

They literally get best of both worlds.
    Last edited by UndedoKoleda; 2019-11-13 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Mythic raiding is such a very small portion of player base that it doesnt matter. Who cares if mythic raiders are horde? Majority don't. Only thing that really matters with faction imbalance is BG queue times and you can queue as alliance if horde is taking too long with mercenary buff.

It's not Blizzard's fault that players visit websites to be influenced on the best racials/builds to such an extent that they only do what the websites tell them to do, instead of just playing the game to have fun. Only sheep deny playing what they want and give in to what icyveins tells them to do. You are playing a game, you shouldn't be taking orders from no site. Don't let something external from you dictate how you play the game just because you want to be in the top 1%.