Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    It's not Blizzard's fault that players visit websites to be influenced on the best racials/builds to such an extent that they only do what the websites tell them to do, instead of just playing the game to have fun. Only sheep deny playing what they want and give in to what icyveins tells them to do. You are playing a game, you shouldn't be taking orders from no site. Don't let something external from you dictate how you play the game just because you want to be in the top 1%.
    This is funny since most icy veins guides actually tell you to pick whatever the frick you want.

Jokes aside there were points in the game where racials made more up then just 1-3% of your damage or had otherwise massive influence (goblin jump on KJ).
    Now most people thought like you and so did I, however the top end players naturally gravitated towards the stronger racials since they would sell their mother for a small edge in world first raiding.

And this of course had a trickle down effect so if you want to mythic raid even in an average guild i strongly advise anyone to either go horde or pick a very healthy alliance server, just to be safe in the future because this ain't getting better.

If you don't raid or only want to do heroic max? yeah whatever pick what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Mythic raiding is such a very small portion of player base that it doesnt matter. Who cares if mythic raiders are horde? Majority don't. Only thing that really matters with faction imbalance is BG queue times and you can queue as alliance if horde is taking too long with mercenary buff.
    You realize how ridiculous that statement is?

People can cross faction group for PvP, where factions are supposed to matter.
    People can't cross faction group for PvE, where the factions are usually working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Alliance mythic raiding struggling is a legitimate issue. It will just continue to get worse as more and more people go Horde.

And yes, cross faction raiding is the only solution to the problem.
    Game isnt balanced around Mythic raiding, ask your nearby LFR hero for more info.

Realmpop shows 50:50 with slight advantage on Alliance.
    Both faction is doing fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I started with the Mighty Horde back when they weren't cool (Classic-Beginning of Cata) - back when they were shunned and all you mamas bwoys were still lil wankers.. THEN some friends swapped to Filthy ass Alliance, so I swapped with them and was Alli until the VERY tail end of Legion.

Horde NOW.. by far has a better class of player, better amount of player to choose from, and even though I'm the worst player IN THE GAME.. I still can accomplish things most Alliance players dream about while calling us early thirties players BOOMERS

Big Facts: Go Horde and don't look back

Alliance mythic raiding struggling is a legitimate issue.
    No, it isn't. Who cares if Alliance raiders suck? They don't deserve to be carried just because of that.

A fundamental part of the franchise has to be removed just because Alliance players suck at raiding? Just get better and stop complaining.

People can cross faction group for PvP, where factions are supposed to matter.
    People can't cross faction group for PvE, where the factions are usually working together.
    Faction dont matter in PVP, you can already do Horde vs Horde since Cata RBGs and Horde vs Horde in BC arena.

Factions never work together in raids, like ever, dont mistake gameplay with lore, you roleplayer faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I never really saw this in other games. Nobody complains in SC2 about not having hydralisks as protoss. Nobody in WW2 games complains about not having the STG-44 as a base kit option for an American GI. So what makes WoW players think they need to set new rules for how games are made?
    A faction is an experience, balanced around a set of functions as a whole. You pick one and play that experience, and then you try the other experience and play either, both or neither.

TL;DR- stop wasting your lives complaining about something that isnt actually an issue. At all. In any way shape or form. Your headcannon is not a pivotal game decision.
    1) You shouldn't go off only what you see, incredibly small sample size
    2) Don't tell people what is a waste of their life, maybe they think what you care about is a waste of life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    No, it isn't. Who cares if Alliance raiders suck? They don't deserve to be carried just because of that.

A fundamental part of the franchise has to be removed just because Alliance players suck at raiding? Just get better and stop complaining.
    It's racials fault, Blizz should just make them a choice you can make or remove them all.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I never really saw this in other games. Nobody complains in SC2 about not having hydralisks as protoss.
    I mean, this could only be me and my silly goose brain... but I'm pretty sure there's a slight different between SC and WoW.
    Like, one being a 1v1 game where a match lasts like 10 minutes and you're the only person that matters... and the other being a work-with-20-other-people game where you have to invest weeks and/or months into a single character to get to a certain point only for you to then realize that there's barely anyone around who could play with you because they all transfered away.

Your comparison is giga lackluster. It'd be more akin to Blizzard offering paid region transfers in SC2. Imagine you buying the game and playing months and months of ladder in region A only for everyone to transfer to region B and now you're stuck with shitty matchmaking and 30 minute queues in region A - now your only choice is to either start over from scratch in region B or to dish out additional cash to get to region B in hopes that not everyone jumps to region C eventually.

But they keep tagging my mobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I still can accomplish things most Alliance players dream about while calling us early thirties players BOOMERS
    I don't think boomers means what you would assume it to mean (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers) I think boomers in the context wow nerds use it has its own neckbeardian meaning, just like the word cuck that everyone used to bandwagon that's died off.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call it embarrassing, but yeah they should rather FIX faction imbalance instead of removing factions.
    It would be a similar logic to say, hey class balance sucks, let's remove classes because 60% of the people are playing druids.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I wouldn't call it embarrassing, but yeah they should rather FIX faction imbalance instead of removing factions.
    It would be a similar logic to say, hey class balance sucks, let's remove classes because 60% of the people are playing druids.
    How do you propose fixing it? Making Alliance racials imbalanced would just have the opposite effect (and the long term damage is already done). The current racials are pretty evenly balanced. You can't "force" raiders to swap factions. For nearly everybody except Mythic raiders, factions are balanced. It's a shitty situation without an immediate solution.

And for the record, telling Alliance raiders to "get gud" isn't really effective either lmfao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How do you propose fixing it? Making Alliance racials imbalanced would just have the opposite effect (and the long term damage is already done). The current racials are pretty evenly balanced. You can't "force" raiders to swap factions. For nearly everybody except Mythic raiders, factions are balanced. It's a shitty situation without an immediate solution.

And for the record, telling Alliance raiders to "get gud" isn't really effective either lmfao.
    For example

- offer free faction swaps if you are horde
    - slightly buff the alliance racials
    - stop talking about the horde and their strange problems and sylvanas in every expansion
    - generally promote the alliance on their websites (for example: the horde is ugly and you know it, join the beautiful people now that can even afford living in real cities made of stone or at least made of cool trees with wisps.. oh wait ;D )
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I don't think boomers means what you would assume it to mean (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers) I think boomers in the context wow nerds use it has its own neckbeardian meaning, just like the word cuck that everyone used to bandwagon that's died off.
    I think they call us early thirties players boomers in game because we've been playing the game back when they were still being breastfed - the takeaway now about using CUCK is basically like playing CLASSIC.. you know what I'm sayinnnn You have to play a CUCKED version of WoW to really see that word

Big Facts: Play retail over cucked classic

The damage was already done with Human Racial when every other wannabe-PvPer went Human, and then with the Horde racials right after, where slowly the tryhards swapped to Horde.

The problem people dont understand its thats its not only about raiding, its the pool of "Better/active/hardcore/higher skilled" (call it whatever fits your ego) players thats the problem.

Right now M+ and Shadowmeld is causing similar issues, but at the same time now people know that Blizzard wont allow it for long if it ends up being a problem, same with Arcane Torrent in Legion so you dont see much effect outside of MDI, compared to Arcane Torrent in Legion, where half the horde race swapped to BE and they announced thats gonna stop and die cause its OP for this new M+ system.

The problem though is, they didnt react/people didnt know few years back, so the general overall high end level of Alliance side is lower than the Horde, this is mostly a fact, even if its a 0.1% number, its still something like 30-50.000 players (random numbers) that will eventually have a problem.

The complains are coming from the players that break the barrier and transition to "I want to become better and play with better players" and that pool on the alliance side is smaller than it should be after all those years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The SC2 comparison is pointless because you can switch faction at will iirc for each new game.

Regarding WoW I will repeat what I said in another thread: the time investment makes it so people will go to the most convenient faction and stick to it. Horde has been racial-favored for a decade and this shows in population balance and not only, since the most skilled players are almost all horde because they care about the edge given by racials.

Ultimately you are right, because discussions on the matter are pointless since it is too late to do something about it. But you are also wrong in believing it's not an issue.

I have been alliance since I started playing wow few months after vanilla release. My friends are on alliance, my guilds have been on alliance side, my experience of wow has been on alliance side mainly. Only horde alts to look at horde content.

I'm considering going horde. Why stay on alliance side? Story is for horde (why did alliance ever go to uldir? Alliance was winning the war too, but then suddenly horde gets to go free after all that had happened). Better mounts on horde side. Better quests on horde side. More effort on horde side. Ect.

That effort I mentioned at the end? Its one of the biggest reasons I'm thinking of going horde. It was very obvious in bfa. Even on lowest level of content like wq's, horde had lots of unique voice lines. On alliance side, it felt like most of the wq's had Cyrus telling me the same line of evil and stuff needs to be put down.
    Over the expansion it felt like alliance stuff was rushed out when horde content was made first. Alliance content must have been made closer to release of bfa when they were running out of time.
    Have you looked at allied races? Kul'tirans? Did anyone really want them? Have you looked at alliance race heritage armors and then looked at horde heritage armors? Horde are far better.

Its always horde first and then alliance, if blizz has the time. This on all levels of content. Even on content that is more what players choose, such as pvp, horde is dominating. People went to horde because they are simply better. Far higher chance to be matched against much weaker alliance since more good players switched side.

Simply put you get more worth for your money, if you go horde.

I play both factions, so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Faction dont matter in PVP, you can already do Horde vs Horde since Cata RBGs and Horde vs Horde in BC arena.

Factions never work together in raids, like ever, dont mistake gameplay with lore, you roleplayer faction.
    Battle of Mount Hyjal. Siege of Orgrimmar. Antorus, the Burning Throne. The Eternal Palace.

WoW is one of the few remaining MMOs that have not abolished faction boundaries and allow for cross-faction grouping, communication and content (which would have no impact on PVP because PVP is its own thing and World PVP is nonexistent in any meaningful way). It's about time that it joined the rest of the genre in not having silly limitations that prevent friends from playing with each other if they like different things.