Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do womans pants not have pockets?

It maeks no sense to not have pcoetks

10+ Year Old Account
    So that they are forced to buy purses obviously. #BigPurse

I guess because women would have a purse with them anyway? I have no idea. Maybe women don't like having a bulky wallet, phone and keys in their pockets, but men don't care?

Because Americans care more for a tight ass then pockets? In my 43 years, I’ve never had pants without pockets and had no idea that was an issue, until I entered the world of internet and learned that pockets are rare in the US. Even so, you can get pants with pockets in the US too, but apparently women don’t want those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Sorry, I can't make out what you typed.

Well, I notice blue jeans with back pockets for the ladies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bulky filled pockets suck and don't look good. There also are purses for stuff. So small pockets are sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Is there something wrong with your fingers?

I guess you shouldn't mess with the curves. And bulk does kinda mess up the lines a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking the important questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because apparently having pockets makes the pants not look good? Which is silly. Pockets are handy. and the fact that even when they give us pockets, they;re super small should be a crime against humanity.

Especially with more places banning traditional purses, like a lot of stadiums. Its not gotta either be clear or a clutch type, which is super annoying.

Basically, give us actual pockets! A sizeable amount of us like pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Because apparently having pockets makes the pants not look good? Which is silly. Pockets are handy. and the fact that even when they give us pockets, they;re super small should be a crime against humanity.
    What I find even worse are the pants that look like they have pockets, but don't. All the stitching is there, but just no pocket.

Who needs pockets when fanny packs exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Because Americans care more for a tight ass then pockets? In my 43 years, I’ve never had pants without pockets and had no idea that was an issue, until I entered the world of internet and learned that pockets are rare in the US. Even so, you can get pants with pockets in the US too, but apparently women don’t want those.
    Women want pockets, we just can't find many.

And when you do, you cling onto them like grim death until the pockets are all that remain.

It’s a plot by the Patriarchy. To keep women dependent on men.

You’ll see that is working when you go to the theme park and have the phones of three different women in your pockets. Because by the grace of your gender you have been given pockets that are useful. So you can subjugate the ladies.

Seriously pockets need to be useful. My friend has to carry her phone her in back pocket and the dang thing looks precariously preached the entire time. I don’t know how you ladies do it if I didn’t have useful pockets I’d drop F bombs until I could buy pants with useful pockets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not fashionable? Who knows? I find it silly women have this need to put their entire house in their purse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern women's clothing has been generally designed by men and prioritises aesthetics over functionality, simple enough reason.

My recommendation for all my feminine friends out there is to buy pants in the men's section since the sizing tends to be more predictable and the pockets are actual...pockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Modern women's clothing has been generally designed by men and prioritises aesthetics over functionality, simple enough reason.

My recommendation for all my feminine friends out there is to buy pants in the men's section since the sizing tends to be more predictable and the pockets are actual...pockets.
    But girl pants look better. What about the butts? Why would nobody think of the butts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    But girl pants look better. What about the butts? Why would nobody think of the butts?
    Didn't I literally just say that the lack of pockets was precisely because of prioritizing aesthetics over function?

The point is women shouldn't have to be stuck in the realm of one or the other. Same thing goes for men and the complete lack of variety in men's styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

*shrugs*
    We all want to look good...