Page 1 of 2
LastLast

November 12 Hotfixes - Korrak’s Revenge and Classic Updates

November 12 Hotfixes - Korrak’s Revenge and Classic Updates
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Resolved an issue that caused Survival Hunters’ Mending Bandage (PvP Talent) to heal more than intended on non-player targets.

WoW's 15th Anniversary
    • Korrak’s Revenge
      • The amount of Timewarped Badges rewarded for winning or losing Korrak's Revenge have been doubled from 10 and 5 to 20 and 10.
      • The repeatable quests “Irondeep Supplies,” “Coldtooth Supplies,” and “More Armor Scraps” no longer reward Timewarped badges.
      • Many quests in Korrak's Revenge now are daily quests and reset daily. They are as follows: “Irondeep Supplies,” “Coldtooth Supplies,” “Towers and Bunkers,” “Capture a Mine,” “The Graveyards of Alterac,” “Armor Scraps,” “Capture a Mine,” and “Alterac Valley Graveyards.”
        • Developers’ note: While acquiring supplies from the mines and mounts for the ram and wolf riders contributes to the battle, we agree with the feedback that these can be a bit repetitive. To that end, we have converted a number of quests within the Battleground into dailies and removed the reward for the repeatable turn-ins.

WoW Classic
    • The guards in Gadgetzan, Booty Bay, and Everlook now have a significantly longer range on their ranged attacks.
      • Developers’ note: We’re seeing some players attack others by abusing line-of-sight rules in Gadgetzan. This disruption is against our Terms of Service (as it was in 2006) and we’re taking action against players who exploit this game mechanic. While this new range differs slightly from original WoW 1.12, it better enforces the authentically intended consequence of PvPing in a goblin city by challenging the attacker to fight, die, or escape the guards.
    • The Discombobulator Ray will now correctly dismount mounted enemy players.
    • Abilities that provide a damage increase to the next auto attack (e.g. Heroic Strike and Raptor Strike) will now properly break crowd control effects if the ability was queued before the crowd control was applied.
    • Corrected an issue that prevented pets from attacking a target who entered stealth after the Attack command is used.
    • Corrected an issue with the Gnomish Cloaking Device that caused it to incorrectly drop the player from combat when used.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think that "Goblin Fix" is a good and acceptable change, despite the "No Changes" stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korrak’s Revenge is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I honestly think that "Goblin Fix" is a good and acceptable change, despite the "No Changes" stuff.
    They probably got sick of having to deal with tickets honestly. Camping up there has been against the ToS for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Korrak’s Revenge is trash
    I'm very happy to have finished this. The last weekend i was fully delivering wolfs, now some people have to suffer that garbage, I feel bada for those who haven't achieved, I will never step on that event again.

Said it in the previous news post, but they should make the BG itself give the badges (whether on completion, or at various stages throughout), not the useless quests. Having half of the BG group back at base and not contributing to the direct progress of the BG itself is terrible. But it's not the players' fault that Blizzard made the reward tied to the dumb quests.

"We are changing Classic from how it used to be to make it more authentic!"

Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Said it in the previous news post, but they should make the BG itself give the badges (whether on completion, or at various stages throughout), not the useless quests.
    Well it does, doesn't it? According to the hotfix notes how twice as much even, 20 for a win, 10 for a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    "We are changing Classic from how it used to be to make it more authentic!"

Wut?
    "authentically intended"

AKA ORIGINAL INTENT. The INTENTIONS were authentic. This is basic English, come on, dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They probably got sick of having to deal with tickets honestly. Camping up there has been against the ToS for a long time.
    You know, I remember people getting on roof tops in vanilla and BC and using them to gank people, and did it myself, and never heard about it being against the ToS. The first I ever heard about it being illegal was in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    You know, I remember people getting on roof tops in vanilla and BC and using them to gank people, and did it myself, and never heard about it being against the ToS. The first I ever heard about it being illegal was in Classic.
    Same here. The only time I remember anyone getting in trouble was in Warsong Gulch there was a stump you could glitch up to and no one could attack you.

Well, getting in trouble and being against the ToS aren't always the same thing, it was documented against ToS back in 2006, but most people didn't even report it and they probably didn't do much about it.

I was a Game Master back then. We suspended a lot of people for it. Hard part was we had to witness it, and by the time the report got to us people had usually moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Said it in the previous news post, but they should make the BG itself give the badges (whether on completion, or at various stages throughout), not the useless quests. Having half of the BG group back at base and not contributing to the direct progress of the BG itself is terrible. But it's not the players' fault that Blizzard made the reward tied to the dumb quests.
    Before Hotfix

Farm mine, rams, wolf, armor scrap for hours and hours and hours and hours...

After Hotfix

Horde character, do armor scrap daily + quartermaster daily, get 20 badges. Activate mercenery mode do the same on Ally side. 5 days you got a mount without any effort.

Btw it gives insane exp for alts 100+(?) got 116-120 in 1h.

I think it's ok to fix stuff, players didn't discover or abuse in 1.12.
    We weren't that clever back then, so it's possible new abuse mechanics could be found in Classic and ruin it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    I think it's ok to fix stuff, players didn't discover or abuse in 1.12.
    We weren't that clever back then, so it's possible new abuse mechanics could be found in Classic and ruin it a little.
    It existed back then. Its just most people that played 10-15+ years ago weren't toxic little shit heads that only thought of them self

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Same here. The only time I remember anyone getting in trouble was in Warsong Gulch there was a stump you could glitch up to and no one could attack you.
    It definitely existed back then.
    Nixxiom has a story about his experience in vanilla for example. But that was not even the same thing, since its easy to get on top of duskwood roof.
    https://youtu.be/esSX8zPhXSY

I also got slapped by a gm, and teleported hiiiiiigh up in the air, and stunned so i couldn't o anything, and dropped to the ground, when i back in the TBC days, stood on the barrels in area 52 with my mage, and avoided the guards that way. And killed hordes of horde.
    He messaged me too stop, and i did.

This has always been the case with wow, that this is against TOS, its not new!

And, the change is fine tbh, they correctly summarize that when p2 launches they would have huge issues with this happening.
    Its a good change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Before Hotfix

Farm mine, rams, wolf, armor scrap for hours and hours and hours and hours...

After Hotfix

Horde character, do armor scrap daily + quartermaster daily, get 20 badges. Activate mercenery mode do the same on Ally side. 5 days you got a mount without any effort.

Btw it gives insane exp for alts 100+(?) got 116-120 in 1h.

I have too many toons sitting between 110 and 120 currently and have not yet done any korrak's revenge. any way you could specify exactly what is granting so much exp?

Quote Originally Posted by morrouac View Post
    I was a Game Master back then. We suspended a lot of people for it. Hard part was we had to witness it, and by the time the report got to us people had usually moved on.
    Gotcha. I used to do a lot of world PvP so hard to believe I never got busted for it then. I always figured it just landed on the other side of the "clever use of game mechanics" since I never saw anything done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    "authentically intended"

AKA ORIGINAL INTENT. The INTENTIONS were authentic. This is basic English, come on, dude...
    Ah I see. Just like how they always intended Sylvanas to be behind the Wrathgate, and be working for the Jailer.