Page 1 of 42
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Shadowlands in 2021

    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.

  2. #2
    What a poor excuse of a fake leak. I thought you'd at least make it interesting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.
    Who knows with modern Blizzard. Clearly they had very little to show, but at least it could explain why this exapc is so horribly lacking in new systems / core features.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What a poor excuse of a fake leak. I thought you'd at least make it interesting.
    Fake leak? Quite a few commentators are suggesting that although the pre-order says a December 2020 release, that seems unlikely since they had so little to show. Sure, they might be wrong, but to call it a "fake leak" is a bit silly....

  4. #4
    18 months of content drought inc
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Fake leak? Quite a few commentators are suggesting that although the pre-order says a December 2020 release, that seems unlikely since they had so little to show. Sure, they might be wrong, but to call it a "fake leak" is a bit silly....
    If you take what OP says as even a little bit true then we have nothing to discuss.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.
    Give me a fucking break.

    Get out of here.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    18 months of content drought inc
    As sad as it is to say, it seems a pretty real possibility at this stage. We still have a bit to go in BfA, although lets be honest, it is just one raid tier, so not exactly 12+ months of content.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    18 months of content drought inc
    That's why 8.3 was delayed until next year. To make the content gap appear smaller.

  9. #9
    Can I just say, "FUK OFF, DIPS>>T"?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Give me a fucking break.

    Get out of here.
    So are you suggesting it wont be late 2020 / early 2021?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    That's why 8.3 was delayed until next year. To make the content gap appear smaller.
    Besides where's your source for making the thread, where's the source that 8.3 was delayed? When did they ever say a release date for it then change it?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  12. #12
    What? They had a playable demo? They had tons of art.. what the hell are you on about? Nice work.. not.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If you take what OP says as even a little bit true then we have nothing to discuss.
    Its not just what OP says, many others are suggesting december 2020 might not happen, and it could be pushed out until early 2021.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Auki View Post
    What? They had a playable demo? They had tons of art.. what the hell are you on about? Nice work.. not.
    Some art assets and part of one zone an expansion do not make.

  14. #14
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    2,026
    What absolute rubbish OP.

    But good job pandering to the naysayers who will lap this up.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its not just what OP says, many others are suggesting december 2020 might not happen, and it could be pushed out until early 2021.
    And you trust a small minority of people that don't know how releases work. It's coming in 2020. Deal with it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  16. #16
    Well, they stated right away at Blizzcon that it would launch in 2020, and the official site says the expansion will launch "no later than December 2020" - which is over a year away already. If it was late 2021, that would be around two years from now - I doubt we'd be waiting two years for them to release Shadowlands. That would be financial suicide for them.

    In the end, Blizzard would rather sell an unfinished expansion on time than a complete one late. They've done it before, and they've never released something past the year they stated it to be released. So, 2020 it is.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

  17. #17
    We don't even know if the game will make it to 2k21 in the state bfa left it
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And you trust a small minority of people that don't know how releases work. It's coming in 2020. Deal with it.
    Where have i said its not coming in 2020? I said it is plausible to delay a major release by a couple of months if they dont meet the late December deadline. Unless you think they will release a major expansion during the holiday season when they have no staff?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.
    Dude.

    Leak-season is over. Give it a rest.

    "Late 2021" LOL.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Well, they stated right away at Blizzcon that it would launch in 2020, and the official site says the expansion will launch "no later than December 2020" - which is over a year away already. If it was late 2021, that would be around two years from now - I doubt we'd be waiting two years for them to release Shadowlands. That would be financial suicide for them.

    In the end, Blizzard would rather sell an unfinished expansion on time than a complete one late. They've done it before, and they've never released something past the year they stated it to be released. So, 2020 it is.
    The risk for the december 2020 thing is if they fall behind by even a week or 2 over the next 12 months, launching during the holiday season would also be suicide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •