Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Worst case they rush Shadowlands because subs are dripping at an alarming rate, best case they can afford to delay the expansion to early next year and hopefully add some more polish and meat to it (more new features). A delayed game might eventually turn out good but a rushed game will always be bad. I could see them holding up with Classic as there is still stuff to be released over time.

SL should be delayed imo
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

i will remind people 1 more time that during blizzcon intervies devs stated they plan shadowlands for late 2020 or early 2021

the fact that we have almost april now and not even alpha is out confirms 2021 release

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Think Blizz will release SL a few months earlier if CV goes well into the summer?
    Hint - every man and their dog will be stuck at home, the devs will have nothing else to do except work on this.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

"had nothing to show" I'm pretty sure that they already have the game finished, or quite advanced with several expansions finished ... what happens is that they give it to us very little by little ... you know, to earn the maximum possible money, giving the minimum possible, business ...

in fact, it is possible that they already have the game completely finished.at least, raised each expansion.and all this would lead to wow2 perhaps .... who knows ...im capultro ur hero.

If SL is delayed, it won't be because of COVID-19. It'll be because development needs more time. Blizzard is a tech company. Major tech companies have all mandated work from home policies, and have had good infrastructure to support work from home for 10 years. Their development is moving along just fine despite any workplace changes.

OP is right, SL looked far less along than other expansions at their time of announcement. They didn't announce any heavy hitting features. What they announced is content - which we should respectfully not downplay as content takes a shit ton of time to make still - but content isn't what makes an expansion (IMO). Content makes for a good patch, new features make an expansion. We get content at $15 / month already, why pay an additional $39.99 minimum for the same thing?

Literally, look at this feature list from wowhead:

1. Explore the Realm of the Dead. So there's a new world to explore. This is a given for every single expansion. Cool, but not exciting.
    2. Claim a Covenant's Power. We have a new rental progression system. Gtfo. We used to innovate on the core formula of intrinsic character ability and progression, like talents, yet we're stuck with all of that and layering on expansion-level systems. These are NOT fun. Boring feature.
    3. Ascend the Tower of the Damned. This is the only feature that could be fun and exciting. It sounds like it could be an M+ for solo players. We'll see how it pans out.
    4. Every Level Is Meaningful. Fixing a current system. I'm far more excited about the level squish than anything else in SL, but this is not a brand new, fun feature. This is a fix.
    5. A New Army of the Dead Rises. LOL why is opening more race/class combinations a feature?? Showcasing this really implies how little there is in SL.
    6. Improved Character Customization Options. <3 customization. Nothing wrong here, but it doesn't impact gameplay. How is customization going to increase player retention at end game?

After BfA's objective failure, Blizzard needs to breath life into WoW again. They need to really innovate and shake things up. Revamp the talent system. Introduce a newer, non-expansion level progression system. Expand on the raiding model. Add 4th specs to classes. Just do something to excite players. SL is not it, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Considering how successful Classic is they can easily delay it until 2021. Classic will tie the playerbase over until then.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
    oh wait you seriously dont know that the classic and retail audiences are different ones? my bad....

Funny how many people dont belive the FACT that SL will be delayed to 2021....

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithras View Post
    If SL is delayed, it won't be because of COVID-19. It'll be because development needs more time. Blizzard is a tech company. Major tech companies have all mandated work from home policies, and have had good infrastructure to support work from home for 10 years. Their development is moving along just fine despite any workplace changes.
    Thank you, people really need to understand that there's no delay of Shadowlands.
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

Depends how much they've realistically gotten done since Blizzcon, really. We'll be able to get a better gauge when Beta's out. I think Beta will definitely reveal whether Shadowlands will be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i will remind people 1 more time that during blizzcon intervies devs stated they plan shadowlands for late 2020 or early 2021

the fact that we have almost april now and not even alpha is out confirms 2021 release
    I've seen or read every interview, they never once said "early 2021"

10+ Year Old Account
    "World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020"

There isn't a lot more to this, Shadowlands won't come out in 2021, unless they want to void the agreement with people that bought the expansion. I think we'll get a mid-November launch. But 2021 isn't on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    "World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020"

There isn't a lot more to this, Shadowlands won't come out in 2021, unless they want to void the agreement with people that bought the expansion. I think we'll get a mid-November launch. But 2021 isn't on the cards.
    I mean, it's not out of the cards "Prepurchase WC III: Reforged, available on or before December 31, 2019", it released in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You cannot compare Classic servers to retail servers. Classic servers during their primetime are mostly packed, you won't see as many players around on retail than in Classic - but that might be the case due to the retail server structure.

Blizzard can't afford another huge flop like BfA. Rather a polished and packed Shadowlands in early 2021 than yet another BfA disaster in 2020 which will damage WoW more than an extended BfA drought.
    yes, you can infact compare. They are the same servers. A full classic server has the same amount of players as a full retail server. Its players, not characters. Reason you don't see to many players in retail is sharding

I blame the bud light virus

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    on personal level i kinda wish it is delayed.

i much rather play finished expansion instead unfinished one like BfA where 3/4 of systems where on alpha testing stage when game was already released
    I want a completed and good game aswell. But i don't think they can afford to wait too long. Too many people will leave. Then again, they can't afford to release a unfinished mess

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I want a completed and good game aswell. But i don't think they can afford to wait too long. Too many people will leave. Then again, they can't afford to release a unfinished mess
    They are willing to let people stack up corruption resistance so that people with lots of good corruption gear can walk around and global people with multiple infinite stars / gushing wounds / twilight devastation procs. This will keep some people around as they'll enjoy the god mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Blizzard can't afford another huge flop like BfA.
    I know you like doing that but please refrain from making stuff up to fit your narrative. Bfa was NOT a flop at ALL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    How? It doesn't affect their workflow.
    people staying at home sure DOES affect the workflow...

I also believe that, OP

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we get a Polished, Finished product I don't really care to wait. There are a ton of games I can play while blizzard gives SL the attention it deserves. Why would anyone want a rushed game that isn't gonna live up to what it could potential be. 2021, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    I know you like doing that but please refrain from making stuff up to fit your narrative. Bfa was NOT a flop at ALL.

- - - Updated - - -

people staying at home sure DOES affect the workflow...
    Fabricated? Check their quarterly results. BfA was a flop, even bigger than WoD when it comes to sub numbers. Huge initial sales, steep decline quickly after release. I don't want to reopen this discussion yet again so... let's keep it about Shadowlands. I think everyone agrees that they cannot risk a rushed release for Shadowlands after BfA and that's pretty much the topic.

And I agree with your second statement. Corona absolutely affects workflow and development of Shadowlands, negatively.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-19 at 05:45 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again