Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
... LastLast
  1. #621
    With the Coronavirus around, a delay is not unlikely. Heck if it flares again at fall as some expect, we might get no Blizzcon.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  2. #622
    this ! We are past the half of March and still no sign for Shadowlands Alpha....feels more appropriately to say that 2021 is plausible.

  3. #623
    Quote Originally Posted by HitlaryCunton View Post
    this ! We are past the half of March and still no sign for Shadowlands Alpha....feels more appropriately to say that 2021 is plausible.
    Why do people keep thinking this when encrypted alpha builds are being pushed like once/twice weekly? Plus it's not like they'll listen to feedback anyway unless you make a huge enough stink about it. I mean, we JUST got BoA essences, and they didn't even do it correctly, and we've been asking for that since 8.2 was on PTR.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    With the Coronavirus around, a delay is not unlikely. Heck if it flares again at fall as some expect, we might get no Blizzcon.
    Pretty sure we won't have Blizzcon this year. That's an event for what, ten thousand people? Not going to happen because the risk is just too high. All (major) fairs and even the biggest sports events have been cancelled (heck they moved the UEFA 2020 to 2021 and Olympic Games most likely will get postponed as well). Sure, November is more than half a year away but we'll most likely neither have a cure nor a vaccine for Covid-19 so having these massive gatherings will be incredibly dangerous. One person with undetected Corona is enough to make it spread again.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure we won't have Blizzcon this year. That's an event for what, ten thousand people? Not going to happen because the risk is just too high. All (major) fairs and even the biggest sports events have been cancelled (heck they moved the UEFA 2020 to 2021 and Olympic Games most likely will get postponed as well). Sure, November is more than half a year away but we'll most likely neither have a cure nor a vaccine for Covid-19 so having these massive gatherings will be incredibly dangerous. One person with undetected Corona is enough to make it spread again.
    Most likely this year Blizzcon would have value only for people that goes there and meet with community. Because (realistically) what we could expect this year?

    - Hearthstone/HoTS usual update
    - more details about Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 and pre-orders + release window for both
    - talk about 9.1&9.1.5 + maybe small glimpse little further
    - Classic BC reveal

    That's about it, to be honest.

  6. #626
    Even if they would need to delay, they actually have a valid reason.

    And to everyone claiming that its just as easy to work from home and no negative with it, most work better from home, do you actually belive companys spend a shit load of money on a big headquarters with electricity cost and everything if everyone could do just as good working from home.
    Last edited by Raven; 2020-03-19 at 10:56 AM.

  7. #627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Most likely this year Blizzcon would have value only for people that goes there and meet with community. Because (realistically) what we could expect this year?

    - Hearthstone/HoTS usual update
    - more details about Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 and pre-orders + release window for both
    - talk about 9.1&9.1.5 + maybe small glimpse little further
    - Classic BC reveal

    That's about it, to be honest.
    That's true, this year's Blizzcon would be unspectacular. No new games would be announced, all they could talk about would just be stuff that's added to existing games (HS expansion, WoW patch, Diablo 4 development news). I mean we weren't even sure in another thread if they planned a Blizzcon at all because of the bookings of the convention center but with Corona I don't expect a Blizzcon at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And to everyone claiming that its just as easy to work from home and no negative with it, most work better from home, do you actually belive companys spend a shit load of money on a big headquarters with electricity cost and everything if everyone could do just as good working from home.
    Under normal circumstances I'd say people work better / good in home office. But not during a "crisis". I find it pretty naive to think Corona doesn't affect digital businesses at all. Corona affects everyone at this point, in one way or another.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  8. #628
    Worst case they rush Shadowlands because subs are dripping at an alarming rate, best case they can afford to delay the expansion to early next year and hopefully add some more polish and meat to it (more new features). A delayed game might eventually turn out good but a rushed game will always be bad. I could see them holding up with Classic as there is still stuff to be released over time.

  9. #629
    SL should be delayed imo
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

  10. #630
    i will remind people 1 more time that during blizzcon intervies devs stated they plan shadowlands for late 2020 or early 2021

    the fact that we have almost april now and not even alpha is out confirms 2021 release

  11. #631
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Worst case they rush Shadowlands because subs are dripping at an alarming rate, best case they can afford to delay the expansion to early next year and hopefully add some more polish and meat to it (more new features). A delayed game might eventually turn out good but a rushed game will always be bad. I could see them holding up with Classic as there is still stuff to be released over time.
    How do you know subs are dropping? Personally I've seen more players in 8.3 than I've seen in all BFA

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    SL should be delayed imo
    What makes you say this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i will remind people 1 more time that during blizzcon intervies devs stated they plan shadowlands for late 2020 or early 2021

    the fact that we have almost april now and not even alpha is out confirms 2021 release
    It's not like the pre-order currently guarantees its release before 2021 or anything

  12. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Think Blizz will release SL a few months earlier if CV goes well into the summer?
    Hint - every man and their dog will be stuck at home, the devs will have nothing else to do except work on this.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  13. #633
    "had nothing to show" I'm pretty sure that they already have the game finished, or quite advanced with several expansions finished ... what happens is that they give it to us very little by little ... you know, to earn the maximum possible money, giving the minimum possible, business ...

    in fact, it is possible that they already have the game completely finished.at least, raised each expansion.and all this would lead to wow2 perhaps .... who knows ...im capultro ur hero.

  14. #634
    If SL is delayed, it won't be because of COVID-19. It'll be because development needs more time. Blizzard is a tech company. Major tech companies have all mandated work from home policies, and have had good infrastructure to support work from home for 10 years. Their development is moving along just fine despite any workplace changes.

    OP is right, SL looked far less along than other expansions at their time of announcement. They didn't announce any heavy hitting features. What they announced is content - which we should respectfully not downplay as content takes a shit ton of time to make still - but content isn't what makes an expansion (IMO). Content makes for a good patch, new features make an expansion. We get content at $15 / month already, why pay an additional $39.99 minimum for the same thing?

    Literally, look at this feature list from wowhead:

    1. Explore the Realm of the Dead. So there's a new world to explore. This is a given for every single expansion. Cool, but not exciting.
    2. Claim a Covenant's Power. We have a new rental progression system. Gtfo. We used to innovate on the core formula of intrinsic character ability and progression, like talents, yet we're stuck with all of that and layering on expansion-level systems. These are NOT fun. Boring feature.
    3. Ascend the Tower of the Damned. This is the only feature that could be fun and exciting. It sounds like it could be an M+ for solo players. We'll see how it pans out.
    4. Every Level Is Meaningful. Fixing a current system. I'm far more excited about the level squish than anything else in SL, but this is not a brand new, fun feature. This is a fix.
    5. A New Army of the Dead Rises. LOL why is opening more race/class combinations a feature?? Showcasing this really implies how little there is in SL.
    6. Improved Character Customization Options. <3 customization. Nothing wrong here, but it doesn't impact gameplay. How is customization going to increase player retention at end game?

    After BfA's objective failure, Blizzard needs to breath life into WoW again. They need to really innovate and shake things up. Revamp the talent system. Introduce a newer, non-expansion level progression system. Expand on the raiding model. Add 4th specs to classes. Just do something to excite players. SL is not it, unfortunately.

  15. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Considering how successful Classic is they can easily delay it until 2021. Classic will tie the playerbase over until then.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
    oh wait you seriously dont know that the classic and retail audiences are different ones? my bad....

    Funny how many people dont belive the FACT that SL will be delayed to 2021....

  16. #636
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarithras View Post
    If SL is delayed, it won't be because of COVID-19. It'll be because development needs more time. Blizzard is a tech company. Major tech companies have all mandated work from home policies, and have had good infrastructure to support work from home for 10 years. Their development is moving along just fine despite any workplace changes.
    Thank you, people really need to understand that there's no delay of Shadowlands.
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

  17. #637
    Depends how much they've realistically gotten done since Blizzcon, really. We'll be able to get a better gauge when Beta's out. I think Beta will definitely reveal whether Shadowlands will be delayed.

  18. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i will remind people 1 more time that during blizzcon intervies devs stated they plan shadowlands for late 2020 or early 2021

    the fact that we have almost april now and not even alpha is out confirms 2021 release
    I've seen or read every interview, they never once said "early 2021"

  19. #639
    Bloodsail Admiral TarzoEzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The World...of warcarft
    Posts
    1,019
    "World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020"

    There isn't a lot more to this, Shadowlands won't come out in 2021, unless they want to void the agreement with people that bought the expansion. I think we'll get a mid-November launch. But 2021 isn't on the cards.

  20. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    "World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020"

    There isn't a lot more to this, Shadowlands won't come out in 2021, unless they want to void the agreement with people that bought the expansion. I think we'll get a mid-November launch. But 2021 isn't on the cards.
    I mean, it's not out of the cards "Prepurchase WC III: Reforged, available on or before December 31, 2019", it released in 2020.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •