Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Man, quite a few commentators? That makes it totally legit
    Lmfao. You're a nobody on an irrelevant fan forum. A fan forum that is known to bend over backwards for Blizzard at any opportunity they can.


    I think I would take the word of community figures and guide writers like Bay and Preach over your opinion any day.

    They talked to developers at Blizzcon who said they were well behind schedule. They interviewed Ion. Blizzard had absolutely nothing to show for Shadowlands. They couldn't answer any questions on any systems or features because they quite literally "didn't know yet".

    You're quite welcome to look up their interview with Ion where literally every answer is "we don't know yet", "can't comment", "we have nothing to show", "too early to tell".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think you understand the bolded word. And there were no experts, only self-proclaimed "experts". Nothing in that actually supports the conclusion that development was or currently is behind schedule.
    Yeah because the opinion of someone with a 25k post count on a dying fan forum is worth more than community members who actually write guides and contribute to the game. People who get invited by Blizzard to Blizzcon.

    Those people sure do have a reason to lie hey?

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Lmfao. You're a nobody on an irrelevant fan forum. A fan forum that is known to bend over backwards for Blizzard at any opportunity they can. I think I would take the word of community figures and guide writers like Bay and Preach over your opinion any day.
    MMO-Champion isn't known for bending over backwards for Blizzard. If you actually cared for unbiased arguments you would know that it has just as much hate and as it does defense. Preach, Bay, and any other content creator exists based on the views they get. They are not unbiased bastions of journalism. They often prey off of the current moods on topics in order to drive views and clicks.

    No developer said they were way behind schedule. People crucify Blizzard no matter what. Offer design peeks at systems that change between Blizzcon and Alpha. Get the pitchforks. Don't offer any peeks at systems. Pitchforks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Those people sure do have a reason to lie hey?
    Income. People posting on a forum don't make money off of it. Content creators do. Also if the forum is dying so much why are you here? You went out of your way to join a dying forum 3 months ago. Also the report was that "It could be" delayed and not that it was going to. But Preach, and the others, know what their fans will twist and run off with.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #683
    my bet is:

    - original plan was bringing it live somewhere between august and october.
    - because being late and foremost of corona (which also will be used as official reason) its around 10th december.

    i do not believe its later, because

    - blizz often showed they have no problem with halfbaked release and can get stuff quickly fixed together
    - „fix it in 9.1“
    - foremost: ATVI will NEVER EVER piss on xmas sells and holiday profits. Never Ever.

    So, first 1-2 weeks in december is totally my bet.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    MMO-Champion isn't known for bending over backwards for Blizzard. If you actually cared for unbiased arguments you would know that it has just as much hate and as it does defense. Preach, Bay, and any other content creator exists based on the views they get. They are not unbiased bastions of journalism. They often prey off of the current moods on topics in order to drive views and clicks.

    No developer said they were way behind schedule. People crucify Blizzard no matter what. Offer design peeks at systems that change between Blizzcon and Alpha. Get the pitchforks. Don't offer any peeks at systems. Pitchforks.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Income. People posting on a forum don't make money off of it. Content creators do. Also if the forum is dying so much why are you here? You went out of your way to join a dying forum 3 months ago. Also the report was that "It could be" delayed and not that it was going to. But Preach, and the others, know what their fans will twist and run off with.
    Preach literally got blacklisted by Blizzard for his opinions. Bay had to beg to get him in on that interview with Ion because the pathetic little PR weasels were scared of the questions he would ask.

    Blizzard used to be a bastion of PC gaming. People crucify Blizzard now for a fucking reason.



    Imagine calling MMO Champion unbiased when they literally post guides on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF.

    "Here is a 25 step guide that takes heaps of pathetic little work-arounds to recruit YOURSELF to RAF. Here - GIVE BLIZZARD MORE MONEY GUYS"

  5. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Yeah because the opinion of someone with a 25k post count on a dying fan forum is worth more than community members who actually write guides and contribute to the game. People who get invited by Blizzard to Blizzcon.

    Those people sure do have a reason to lie hey?
    That does not make them experts on game development, though. And yes, they have plenty of reason. Their livelyhood depends on getting other peoples attention.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Rumours start from somewhere and rumours can be either true or false.
    Plenty of rumours have no basis in anything whatsoever and are little more than somebody's dreams or nightmares. The important part is that a rumour is not evidence or confirmation of anything.

    Nothing you said supports the conclusion that they are behind schedule, because all you listed was hearsay. It doesn't support any conclusion at all beyond that somebody said it.

  6. #686
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Yes except if you did the math that we have in game Shadowlands would have released around September as that's how much data they put in for weekly PvP conquest rewards and the standard 4-6 week pre-patch. They have three free months to fill in with lost time so a december release is more plausible than anyone claiming 2021.
    Yeah I know, with the cloak resistance reaching max by September 8th or something, but what's your point? This was before the entire global economy came grinding to a halt. It's a different world right now, so you just need to accept delays in pretty much everything

    If we end up with 3, 6 or even 9 months more of BfA then it is what it is.

  7. #687
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Preach literally got blacklisted by Blizzard for his opinions. Bay had to beg to get him in on that interview with Ion because the pathetic little PR weasels were scared of the questions he would ask. Blizzard used to be a bastion of PC gaming. People crucify Blizzard now for a fucking reason.
    You aren't helping your case by saying a streamer that "started" the rumors was blacklisted and was barely let into the interview. You don't think any bitterness or bias would exist in a case like that? Yes people crucify Blizzard for a reason. But much of it is because people no longer like X for Y reason and instead of letting go they join dying forums to discuss the things they don't like.


    Imagine calling MMO Champion unbiased when they literally post guides on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF.
    I never made an argument on if MMO-Champion, the site owners, are biased or not. Obviously they are going to release content that is favorable to Blizzard because they are a fan site. Not to mention guides on how to self do RAF is nothing new. The guide was also a way to give Blizzard less money because you were gaming the system to take advantage of sale prices. But hey go ahead and hate on. You joined the dying forum.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah I know, with the cloak resistance reaching max by September 8th or something, but what's your point? This was before the entire global economy came grinding to a halt. It's a different world right now, so you just need to accept delays in pretty much everything

    If we end up with 3, 6 or even 9 months more of BfA then it is what it is.

    I said my point, so I'm not sure why you felt the desire to quote me to repeat myself. So I'll just re-quote it for you:


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They have three free months to fill in with lost time so a december release is more plausible than anyone claiming 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  9. #689
    Blizz has to release it in q4 or their accounting will be f'ed.

  10. #690
    Stood in the Fire Phantombeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Under Sargeras's left ear.
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No changes is a joke, classic could have really sustained with some changes and balancing, instead of falling of a cliff
    I don't think it was the community that ruined Classic. Just a handful of youtubers with Loud mouths. Maybe next time they'll keep their mouth shut and we can get something good instead of a copy paste 15 year old game.

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Blizz has to release it in q4 or their accounting will be f'ed.
    They have delayed an expansion release before, The Burning Crusade. It was delayed into the next year as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I said my point, so I'm not sure why you felt the desire to quote me to repeat myself. So I'll just re-quote it for you:
    It's not though, and even then, September wasn't going to be release date, just because the cloak maxes out then, does not in any way mean that SL will go live straight after.

    My point is that December is almost entirely out of the question now

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    I don't think it was the community that ruined Classic. Just a handful of youtubers with Loud mouths. Maybe next time they'll keep their mouth shut and we can get something good instead of a copy paste 15 year old game.
    Yea, a lot of people quit because they found out a) wow, classic with no changes is extremely boring and b) damn, half or more of these specs are useless! I really enjoy enh shaman but people laugh at me!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They have delayed an expansion release before, The Burning Crusade. It was delayed into the next year as well.
    It didn't really get delayed delayed, it was more of "we're shooting for this time, oh we didn't make it" they didn't give on or before dates back in 2005/6

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Preach literally got blacklisted by Blizzard for his opinions. Bay had to beg to get him in on that interview with Ion because the pathetic little PR weasels were scared of the questions he would ask.

    Blizzard used to be a bastion of PC gaming. People crucify Blizzard now for a fucking reason.



    Imagine calling MMO Champion unbiased when they literally post guides on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF.

    "Here is a 25 step guide that takes heaps of pathetic little work-arounds to recruit YOURSELF to RAF. Here - GIVE BLIZZARD MORE MONEY GUYS"
    Preach got blacklisted for abusing the experience potion bug.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    A fan forum that is known to bend over backwards for Blizzard at any opportunity they can.
    Lol wait, what? MMO-champion, positive towards WoW? Looooool. Thanks man! I really needed a good laugh today.
    Last edited by Monkeymootwo; 2020-03-24 at 01:43 AM.

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Lol wait, what? MMO-champion, positive towards WoW? Looooool. Thanks man! I really needed a good laugh today.
    Moderators and owners of the forum*. (and small group of devoted fanboys)

    Try not to confuse yourself.

  17. #697
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,315
    I think it's going to hide just before Blizzcon and have a bunch of content that should be at launch hyped up as a content patch at the event. Nobody will give a shit though because old abilities are coming back and that's absolutely a community demand. Will it be unfinished and buggy and shit? Hopefully not but it will absolutely be having content put in patches instead of at launch because that's the only way they'll get it ready in time. We all know it. The alternative is indeed a 2021 release but I'd rather just have the thing early and play it bare-boned for 3 more months than deal with BFA another 3 months for the exact same content but all at once so I can get bored of it at the same time.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  18. #698
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Moderators and owners of the forum*. (and small group of devoted fanboys)

    Try not to confuse yourself.
    Maybe put those clarifications in your original post instead of pretending that others are wilfully misinterpreting what you said then?

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It's not though, and even then, September wasn't going to be release date, just because the cloak maxes out then, does not in any way mean that SL will go live straight after.

    My point is that December is almost entirely out of the question now

    It really isn't and nor was it. Also I'm not sure where this "cloak maxes out" nonsense came from, but there's no confirmed cap on the cloak.

    The math for PvP conquest gear ends the season in August 11th. Add a 4-6 week pre-patch which makes the expansion come out September 8th-29th. Your claim about the cloak having a max or whatever is nowhere officially and it's been nothing but speculation by the forums. Again, because you clearly have no idea how math works, there's still all of October, all of November, and the better half of December for a release.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-03-24 at 03:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  20. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It really isn't and nor was it. Also I'm not sure where this "cloak maxes out" nonsense came from, but there's no confirmed cap on the cloak.

    The math for PvP conquest gear ends the season in August 11th. Add a 4-6 week pre-patch which makes the expansion come out September 8th-29th. Your claim about the cloak having a max or whatever is nowhere officially and it's been nothing but speculation by the forums. Again, because you clearly have no idea how math works, there's still all of October, all of November, and the better half of December for a release.
    What he means about cloak cap, is it caps at 125 corruption resist, this is official

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Once your Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve reaches rank 15, you can begin to acquire Malefic Cores, which increase your Corruption Resistance by 3, to a maximum of 125. You can acquire one Malefic Core per week across all sources, including defeating N’Zoth in Ny’alotha on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic difficulty or by completing all objectives within a Horrific Vision.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23227147
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-03-24 at 03:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •