Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    "ya, nah" statistics and data prove you wrong.
    LOL your "statistics and data" is based on the fact that pvp rewards end at a particular time and you've added some arbitrary 4-6 week period (purely speculative)

You keep making statements of fact based when all you're doing is guessing how far after the end of a pvp season the pre-patch will hit. Stop trying to make yourself sound smarter than you are and just accept the fact you have no idea when SL will release like the rest of us

I still think a November/December release is likely.
    While Alpha testing hasn't started beyond friends and family yet, the end of the year is still a little over 8 months away, so there is very much still time to hit the end of year mark.

Until Blizzard confirms that release has been pushed into 2021, I remain convinced it will come out this year.

Bit of an exageration to say late 2021, but i can see it delayed to early 2021.

I'm starting to believe that the expansion will be delayed until 2021, and they'll blame the Coronavirus when in reality it's because they just haven't developed it fast enough.

every expansion was released in the announced window, and so will be shadowlands, how this incredibly stupid thread could reach page 37 is beyond my comprehension
    (well bc was "delayed" but it didnt have official release timeframe at the time of delay so thats a bit different situation)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    every expansion was released in the announced window, and so will be shadowlands, how this incredibly stupid thread could reach page 37 is beyond my comprehension
    (well bc was "delayed" but it didnt have official release timeframe at the time of delay so thats a bit different situation)
    Warcraft 3 Reforged had a deadline and they still delayed it until 2020.

(didn't help though, the game is a dumpster fire and irredeemable)
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

The Burning crusade was said to be released in "Winter" when they officially announced it would be delayed to 2007 in October 2006. It is exactly the same situation as now with Shadowlands. We have "on or before 12-31-20 which is a general window. It is likely it will not be delayed but with the pandemic now it isn't as sure of a thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Burning crusade was said to be released in "Winter" when they officially announced it would be delayed to 2007 in October 2006. It is exactly the same situation as now with Shadowlands. We have "on or before 12-31-20 which is a general window. It is likely it will not be delayed but with the pandemic now it isn't as sure of a thing.
    If it is delayed it won't be much, lockdowns are temporary and even then, while development may be slowed slightly, it hasn't stopped.

And some people also work better from home, without meetings constantly interrupting their day. It sucks when you get into something and you're hyper focused and then the fucking 2 pm meeting rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Warcraft 3 Reforged had a deadline and they still delayed it until 2020.

(didn't help though, the game is a dumpster fire and irredeemable)
    and it have nothing to do with the wow as it was done by completely different team...

- - - Updated - - -

correct, BC was said to be released in winter, and it was...
    thing is, there was no certain DATE for burning crusade, there is one for shadowlands... and afaik last couple expansions were actualy released quite in advance, so even if shadowlands is delayed a bit there is NOTHING suggesting it will be delayed to next year...

correct, BC was said to be released in winter, and it was... thing is, there was no certain DATE for burning crusade, there is one for shadowlands... and afaik last couple expansions were actualy released quite in advance, so even if shadowlands is delayed a bit there is NOTHING suggesting it will be delayed to next year...
    Then why did they officially announce a delay if it was never actually delayed? There is no "certain date" for Shadowlands. The only date we have is on or before 12/31/2020. Which is just as ambiguous as "winter".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

and it have nothing to do with the wow as it was done by completely different team...
    It's a precedent set by Blizzard not even half a year ago, doesn't matter if it's WoW or any other Blizzard IP. If they did it with Warcraft 3 Reforged - which in my opinion was planned to be a bigger release than Shadowlands for them financially - they can and will absolutely do it with Shadowlads if deemed necessary / mandatory.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-26 at 07:51 AM.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

But it wasn't a rumor. It was just stuff being made up by people. Blizzard wouldn't announce a "by year end" at blizzcon only for it to be internally delayed a week later. There were no experts. Just armchair developers saying they feel X will happen because of Y. Those rumors also didn't gain any real traction until two content creators said they feel it is behind schedule after an interview. They are not experts just because they are journalists.
    Just because you don't like a rumor doesn't mean it isn't a rumor. Was it made up? Did it have any truth to it? That's worth discussing. Burying your head in the sand is not. Armchair developers does not mean what you think it means but the experts did state that it looked behind at the same time as BfA. It's weird that you call them journalists because that's not what they are. The people interviewing them aren't journalists either. You may look down on new media but that doesn't stop them from being experts. I'm not telling you to agree with the rumors. What I am saying is that Blizzard is likely to pull a "CV made us delay the game" stunt. There also happens to be rumors saying this was inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You may look down on new media but that doesn't stop them from being experts.
    That they don't actually have any more insight into the relevant parts of the topic does, however. They might be experts on gameplay, but not on game development.

No it has to come out this year. My whole life depends on WoW. I can't live or breathe without it. It's not just a game, it's the world I live in... My home. The place where I am something and where I exist. It has to be released this year. It just has to!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

It's a precedent set by Blizzard not even half a year ago, doesn't matter if it's WoW or any other Blizzard IP. If they did it with Warcraft 3 Reforged - which in my opinion was planned to be a bigger release than Shadowlands for them financially - they can and will absolutely do it with Shadowlads if deemed necessary / mandatory.
    i work in company, our team have always done their work in timeline we had, but other teams didnt, does that mean everyone should expect US to be late every time depsite the fact we never just bcs we work in the same company? kind of stupid...
    and other blizzard games were postponed, or took ages to finish, but that just have nothing to do with wow, sure there is very tiny chance they would postpone, but not unless its absolutely necessary, and so far nothing suggests that is the case, so why discus it? do you discuss dangers of the car crash for two hours every time before you leave the house, just bcs there is a chance it might happen?

i work in company, our team have always done their work in timeline we had, but other teams didnt, does that mean everyone should expect US to be late every time depsite the fact we never just bcs we work in the same company? kind of stupid...
    and other blizzard games were postponed, or took ages to finish, but that just have nothing to do with wow, sure there is very tiny chance they would postpone, but not unless its absolutely necessary, and so far nothing suggests that is the case, so why discus it? do you discuss dangers of the car crash for two hours every time before you leave the house, just bcs there is a chance it might happen?
    I said it's no new territory for Blizzard as a whole. That was my entire point. Neither that they are going to do it with Shadowlands nor that it's likely they delay it. The option exists and with Warcraft 3 Reforged we have proof that they are able and willing to do so if necessary.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

I said it's no new territory for Blizzard as a whole. That was my entire point. Neither that they are going to do it with Shadowlands nor that it's likely they delay it. The option exists and with Warcraft 3 Reforged we have proof that they are able and willing to do so if necessary.
    well sure its is possible they will delay, but given the wow team track record its extremely unlikely, and other games done by other teams in blizz have no bearing on that

and given there is nothing (except people on forums who make shit up) that suggest they will delay till next year, ill remain certain its going to be released this year untill blizz confirms it will not

The xpac will probably be delayed purely because of Corona..

Quote Originally Posted by Justbas View Post
    The xpac will probably be delayed purely because of Corona..
    Depends though, development hasn't stopped, just gone home. Some will be slower, some will be faster working from home. The delay could be from a projected oct. date to Nov and we'd never even hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Depends though, development hasn't stopped, just gone home. Some will be slower, some will be faster working from home. The delay could be from a projected oct. date to Nov and we'd never even hear about it.
    and you have any proofs of this claim ?

do you know internal systems that blizzard is using ? and if they are 100% suitable for work at home ?

we are not talking about people typiing in excel spreadsheets here.

and even microsoft has atm problems with to much activity in cloud .