Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    While I am playing as the devil's advocate, they had nothing to show during the Blizzcon. Best guess they are still pretty much far away from being ready. Encrypted alpha build is still on the way. Which means they definitely have a lot to do before the content is even polished and deliverable for the launch date. That being said I don't think its likely for them to launch by end of 2020.
    alpha invites starting this week, so 2months later than for bfa which released in august, so with the same cycle they could go for october release (which seems likely, so they could talk about 9.1 at blizzcon) so even with 2 months delay they can still makes it for 2020 release (if we count with alpha start not being afected hence all the delay would be post alpha)

Well with the COVID-19 happening, I think we are going to look at an early 2022 to mid 2022 release. This is Blizzard's opportunity to use all of these development time to add and polish the content.
    LOL are you absolutely mad? That would NEVER happen, you'd have to be a lunatic to think that a 2 year content drought would keep people ingame, jesus christ.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think they still aim for pre-patch few weeks after last cloak upgrade (8th September, so pre-patch late September) and November release (most optimal dates: 2nd November during Day of the Dead or week later). Imo situation with coronavirus and lockdown would have to get much, much worse in California to delay in into 2021.

By "much worse" I mean something like problems with electricity or network connection. If only problem is work from home next few months, I think they have time to polish it for November.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    alpha invites starting this week, so 2months later than for bfa which released in august, so with the same cycle they could go for october release (which seems likely, so they could talk about 9.1 at blizzcon) so even with 2 months delay they can still makes it for 2020 release (if we count with alpha start not being afected hence all the delay would be post alpha)
    Well if that's the case, they would have less time to polish the content because it's going to be two months later. Hence the fewer zones that's coming out by the time it launches. I do hope that 9.1 will bring ton of features and content. But knowing that Blizzard is well known for under delivering, I am keeping my expectations low.
    Check out my drones guide!

Well if that's the case, they would have less time to polish the content because it's going to be two months later. Hence the fewer zones that's coming out by the time it launches. I do hope that 9.1 will bring ton of features and content. But knowing that Blizzard is well known for under delivering, I am keeping my expectations low.
    what? how is starting alpha two months later and releasing game two months later "LESS time to polish content"?! its the same amount of time... or did i misunderstand?

15+ Year Old Account
    So the alpha release two months later then BfA alpha means it will have less polish because it started alpha at a different times? And they are doing fewer zones because of alpha starting in April versus February? Why are you reaching so hard just to keep bashing Blizzard?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I heard from my source that SL has been pushed back to early 2027.

But then I get a lot of shit from that source, so take it with a grain of salt. He can be a real crappy source.
    Putin khuliyo

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Alpha - April & May
    Beta - June to October
    Prepatch - November
    Release - December

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the alpha release two months later then BfA alpha means it will have less polish because it started alpha at a different times? And they are doing fewer zones because of alpha starting in April versus February? Why are you reaching so hard just to keep bashing Blizzard?
    After what Blizzard has done in the past few expansions which involved content scraping and buggy releases, I think it's fair to be pessimistic about the upcoming expansion, don't you?

15+ Year Old Account
    After what Blizzard has done in the past few expansions which involved content scraping and buggy releases, I think it's fair to be pessimistic about the upcoming expansion, don't you?
    But what you stated wasn't pessimism. The expansion won't automatically have less polish just because the testing cycle began two months later then a past expansion. They are not releasing at the same date so your statement is just bashing rather then pessimism.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    LOL are you absolutely mad? That would NEVER happen, you'd have to be a lunatic to think that a 2 year content drought would keep people ingame, jesus christ.
    Have you not met people on this forum? Not only would they keep playing but they would be saying how great it is. No chance it will be 2022 but i doubt we will see it this year now. Blizzard don't give a shit. My made up number of 80% of people playing now have already bought it lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Have you not met people on this forum? Not only would they keep playing but they would be saying how great it is. No chance it will be 2022 but i doubt we will see it this year now. Blizzard don't give a shit. My made up number of 80% of people playing now have already bought it lol.
    This forum is hardly a large segment. Blizzard does care. It is funny how any other time people would be complaining how a prolonged content drought would be a death sentence to the game but now it isn't a death sentence. It is going to be done on purpose.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't enough left to DO to delay Shadowlands into 2022. Unless the devs literally are told "don't come back until 2021, and we're cancelling the alpha we just announced."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

But what you stated wasn't pessimism. The expansion won't automatically have less polish just because the testing cycle began two months later then a past expansion. They are not releasing at the same date so your statement is just bashing rather then pessimism.
    So WOD and BfA being released and having so much bugs to start with because they rushed is bashing?

15+ Year Old Account
    So WOD and BfA being released and having so much bugs to start with because they rushed is bashing?
    But again that isn't what you claimed. You said Shadowlands having a two month later start to alpha compared to BFA meant the expansion will have less polish. You made a stupid statement and are trying to back track it to mean that anything Blizzard releases will lack polish because past expansions lacked polish in your opinion. That still doesn't mean Shadowlands will lack polish because past expansions don't mean anything.

So yes. It isn't being pessimistic if you are using stupid foundation for the argument. It is just plain bashing.

But again that isn't what you claimed. You said Shadowlands having a two month later start to alpha compared to BFA meant the expansion will have less polish. You made a stupid statement and are trying to back track it to mean that anything Blizzard releases will lack polish because past expansions lacked polish in your opinion. That still doesn't mean Shadowlands will lack polish because past expansions don't mean anything.

So yes. It isn't being pessimistic if you are using stupid foundation for the argument. It is just plain bashing.
    Okay, let me get this straight. Blizzard's track record of under-delivering via content scraping and not ironing out bugs prior to release is acceptable to you? How do you propose that Shadowlands won't follow the same steps as previous expansions does?

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, let me get this straight. Blizzard's track record of under-delivering via content scraping and not ironing out bugs prior to release is acceptable to you? How do you propose that Shadowlands won't follow the same steps as previous expansions does?
    Because not every expansion under delivered, had major content scrapped, or had tons of bugs. Again you are the one that stated a alpha starting in April, instead of February, was a sign that the expansion would be unpolished. You keep moving the goal posts. But if Blizzard is such a failure. And will always be a failure why are you even here? Why are you devoting your valuable time to a failure of a game and developer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    I've been saying this since the announcement. 2021 is most likely.
    Well this didn't age well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well this didn't age well.
    aged like the fucking pork fat i tossed into the trash with humid 100 degree temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.