Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    I think they are just making stuff up now, cause they can't handle the fact that Shadowlands is delayed way into 2021.
    Nope, the only one who was making stuff up was you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    SL will for sure be delayed until 2021 with the corona stuff going on, and good riddance, maybe they'll actually have enough time to make it any decent.
    Well this one didn't age very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    Well with the COVID-19 happening, I think we are going to look at an early 2022 to mid 2022 release. This is Blizzard's opportunity to use all of these development time to add and polish the content.
    This one cannot be topped for how wrong it was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well with the prepatch already on the PTR it was really dumb to expect SL to not arrive this year. Let's see how it fits the established formula:

BFA ties with Vanilla to be the longest lasting "expansion" at 26 months.
    SL comes 10 months after the announcement which is the second shortest after BFA's 9 months.
    6 months of beta testing is pretty much the average and so is revealing the release date 2 months in advance
    The last raid patch lasting 9 months is the third shortest waiting time we had.

Yep it's pretty standard.

I don't think Blizzard is telling the truth with that release date. It will get delayed just like Cyberpunk this isn't coming out until next century at the earliest guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    aged like the fucking pork fat i tossed into the trash with humid 100 degree temps.
    I like you and your unique ways.

A rushed release shouldn't be celebrated.

5+ Year Old Account
    I understand that it can feel rushed, but I think the Blizzardees know what they are doing.
    And besides everything, enough time and patches to fix things

Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    Okay, let me get this straight. Blizzard's track record of under-delivering via content scraping and not ironing out bugs prior to release is acceptable to you? How do you propose that Shadowlands won't follow the same steps as previous expansions does?
    If you find a bug free game thats just perfect please let us know because it hasnt happened yet

We can't call this rushed because its busy as usual for them. This expansion fits the same time table of the previous 4 or so. Now if you want to make the argument they should increase their expansion life cycles to have .4, .5, and .6 patches and/or launch with more already in them that is different. And I would agree with you on those points. BfA would be perceived different if they didn't have Azerite/Corruptions and launched with Nazjatar or Mechagon in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you work for them and know that its rushed.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

All the beta coverage I've watched seemed to suggest most of the expansion is in place

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because you work for them and know that its rushed.
    Well duh, mmochampion users are way more qualified to tell that than the actual devs/qa.

the things that people are complaining about most arent things that were going to change with a few more months. they are by design. so having more time to make repetitive youtube videos or berating them on twitter wasnt going to change that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.
    Imagine being that wrong year later.

10+ Year Old Account
    An armchair developer said on mmo-c the expansion is rushed! Time to delay release date.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

its 2-3 weeks earlier then many have predicted (mid nov) but that doesn't make it rushed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    its 2-3 weeks earlier then many have predicted (mid nov) but that doesn't make it rushed.
    I think some people (not everyone) makes the assumption that the team has only been working on the next expansion for the small window that we're in Alpha/Beta. When in reality, the teams have probably been working on this for much, much longer. Years, most likely.

ANd you know it is rushed how? Development not going as long as you want it to does not mean it is rushed. There is not set length of time development has to go to not be rushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with extensive playtime in beta, and a laundry list of issues, i don't feel this is rushed. My biggest concerns are things that are too late to be fix at this point, they likely need 6-8 months of redevelopment. Those being Covenant Choice, GCDs, and aoe caps. Even with these going into the game in a less than desirable state, Shadowlands still feels superior to BFA. Targeted legendaries, Crafting revamp, and Torghast are all very nice improvements over what we have now. As disappointed as i am with my listed issues, they are not enough to ruin the game for me because i know they will be addressed in 9.1 just as every expansion has done.

Expansion is not rushed. And i called the date exactly :P
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    All the beta coverage I've watched seemed to suggest most of the expansion is in place
    Doesn't mean it's gonna get consistent updates months after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I think some people (not everyone) makes the assumption that the team has only been working on the next expansion for the small window that we're in Alpha/Beta. When in reality, the teams have probably been working on this for much, much longer. Years, most likely.
    This. Shadowlands work had already begun before BFA was released. They have several expansion laid out at once and are already at work on the next expansion as the one they finished work on releases. They are likely already at work on the next expansion after Shadowlands already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    As someone with extensive playtime in beta, and a laundry list of issues, i don't feel this is rushed. My biggest concerns are things that are too late to be fix at this point, they likely need 6-8 months of redevelopment. Those being Covenant Choice, GCDs, and aoe caps.
    Those aren't development issues. Those are "I hate these designs" issues. That doesn't need redevelopment. That is you not liking Blizzard's design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Imagine being that wrong year later.
    NOt nearly as wrong as the poster claiming Shadowlands wouldn't be out until 2022.