Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    I've been saying this for so long, only to be shutdown by the naysayers on this site. Unfortunately logic and Wow pundits are on my side. A Q2 2021 release date at the earliest is what should be expected
    Saying something before a global pandemic and saying it during are two completely different things. One was shot down because of no merit. The other has merit.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    I've been saying this for so long, only to be shutdown by the naysayers on this site. Unfortunately logic and Wow pundits are on my side. A Q2 2021 release date at the earliest is what should be expected
    Well, because you can't really prove it, right now the best chance is 2020 because there's still quite a bit of 2020 left. People are acting like it's September.

If that changes then they will announce it (and probably be forced to provide refunds), them releasing shadowlands in 2021 would probably be a bad idea overall for the company. A long 8.3 drought isn't going to be good.

If they were to do something like an early (summer) release of leveling changes and class changes then it would probably be ok in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Then who at blizzard said 2021???
    Noone did.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You can compare on a quarter to quarter basis during the lifetime of different expansions. Fact is, in the second half of the 2010s Blizzard never performed worse than during BfA's lifetime (2019).
    lol "second half of the 2010s." - So basically you're comparing it to Legion and completely skipping the quarter where they lost half their subs in WoD and totally skipping Cata. Legion was one of the better expansions, so no shit it did better. The "second half of the 2010s" is basically the end of WoD after they started to turn it around, Legion, and BFA. No shit BFA is doing poorly there.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Noone did.
    That was my point

I don't think you understand the bolded word. And there were no experts, only self-proclaimed "experts". Nothing in that actually supports the conclusion that development was or currently is behind schedule.
    Rumours start from somewhere and rumours can be either true or false. The fact is they started months ago just after the date reveal.

The experts didn't call themselves experts, the media did. If you cannot draw a conclusion from experts saying that it looks like they are behind compared to last time and the rumours of blizzard being behind I don't know what to say really. Blindly saying "there is nothing that supports that development is not behind schedule" when part of what I said literally says they are behind schedule is ridiculous. Before you go off on another rant, I never said I believed the rumours, I said if it was delayed blizzard would blame CV despite there being rumours from months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's highly unlikely Shadowlands will be pushed into 2021. The developers are working from home, I'm sure they're having regular meetings with each other. I'm sure it'll get pushed from the initial intended release date, but I don't think it'll be pushed into 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Then who at blizzard said 2021???
    Noone yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Rumours start from somewhere and rumours can be either true or false. The fact is they started months ago just after the date reveal.
    But it wasn't a rumor. It was just stuff being made up by people. Blizzard wouldn't announce a "by year end" at blizzcon only for it to be internally delayed a week later. There were no experts. Just armchair developers saying they feel X will happen because of Y. Those rumors also didn't gain any real traction until two content creators said they feel it is behind schedule after an interview. They are not experts just because they are journalists.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-03-23 at 11:06 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by HitlaryCunton View Post
    this ! We are past the half of March and still no sign for Shadowlands Alpha....feels more appropriately to say that 2021 is plausible.
    There have been several signs of alpha, with weeks of encrypted data being put up on the launcher, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    SL being delayed is all but inevitable now, and is totally acceptable, even if everyone went back to normal work conditions today. They may still get it out by December 31st 2020, but I would say that's less likely than likely.
    Yes except if you did the math that we have in game Shadowlands would have released around September as that's how much data they put in for weekly PvP conquest rewards and the standard 4-6 week pre-patch. They have three free months to fill in with lost time so a december release is more plausible than anyone claiming 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Subs dont decide if a game is a flop and bfa was NOT a flop - that you hate it doesnt make it a flop!
    See that's where you're wrong. Subs do decide if a game is a flop or not, and BFA was 100% a flop from the majority of the communities perspective, both people still playing and people who unsubbed. There is nothing to wholeheartedly like about BFA. Both of the new features(Islands and Warfronts) were massive flops, the new AP grind is hated by the community, Essences(have been hated by the community even with them being account wide now), Corruption is hated more than Titanforging ever was, WQs are more bland and time consuming than Legion counterparts, Faction incursions are a massive downgrade from Legion invasions, 8.3 has put the least amount of content in the last 2 expansions worth of patches. The raids are fine, but there's too much samey feeling between them and the encounters, almost every fight in Ny'alotha is a heavy cleave encounter.

I didn't enjoy BFA much at all, I only stayed because of the people I played with. A lot of people quit the game during BFA because it was terrible. A lot of people hate the systems/features BFA offers. This is what determines if a game is a flop or successful and BFA is far from successful.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Noone yet.
    My point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Man, quite a few commentators? That makes it totally legit
    Lmfao. You're a nobody on an irrelevant fan forum. A fan forum that is known to bend over backwards for Blizzard at any opportunity they can.

I think I would take the word of community figures and guide writers like Bay and Preach over your opinion any day.

They talked to developers at Blizzcon who said they were well behind schedule. They interviewed Ion. Blizzard had absolutely nothing to show for Shadowlands. They couldn't answer any questions on any systems or features because they quite literally "didn't know yet".

You're quite welcome to look up their interview with Ion where literally every answer is "we don't know yet", "can't comment", "we have nothing to show", "too early to tell".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you understand the bolded word. And there were no experts, only self-proclaimed "experts". Nothing in that actually supports the conclusion that development was or currently is behind schedule.
    Yeah because the opinion of someone with a 25k post count on a dying fan forum is worth more than community members who actually write guides and contribute to the game. People who get invited by Blizzard to Blizzcon.

Those people sure do have a reason to lie hey?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Lmfao. You're a nobody on an irrelevant fan forum. A fan forum that is known to bend over backwards for Blizzard at any opportunity they can. I think I would take the word of community figures and guide writers like Bay and Preach over your opinion any day.
    MMO-Champion isn't known for bending over backwards for Blizzard. If you actually cared for unbiased arguments you would know that it has just as much hate and as it does defense. Preach, Bay, and any other content creator exists based on the views they get. They are not unbiased bastions of journalism. They often prey off of the current moods on topics in order to drive views and clicks.

No developer said they were way behind schedule. People crucify Blizzard no matter what. Offer design peeks at systems that change between Blizzcon and Alpha. Get the pitchforks. Don't offer any peeks at systems. Pitchforks.

- - - Updated - - -

Income. People posting on a forum don't make money off of it. Content creators do. Also if the forum is dying so much why are you here? You went out of your way to join a dying forum 3 months ago. Also the report was that "It could be" delayed and not that it was going to. But Preach, and the others, know what their fans will twist and run off with.

my bet is:

- original plan was bringing it live somewhere between august and october.
    - because being late and foremost of corona (which also will be used as official reason) its around 10th december.

i do not believe its later, because

- blizz often showed they have no problem with halfbaked release and can get stuff quickly fixed together
    - „fix it in 9.1“
    - foremost: ATVI will NEVER EVER piss on xmas sells and holiday profits. Never Ever.

So, first 1-2 weeks in december is totally my bet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    MMO-Champion isn't known for bending over backwards for Blizzard. If you actually cared for unbiased arguments you would know that it has just as much hate and as it does defense. Preach, Bay, and any other content creator exists based on the views they get. They are not unbiased bastions of journalism. They often prey off of the current moods on topics in order to drive views and clicks.

No developer said they were way behind schedule. People crucify Blizzard no matter what. Offer design peeks at systems that change between Blizzcon and Alpha. Get the pitchforks. Don't offer any peeks at systems. Pitchforks.

- - - Updated - - -

Income. People posting on a forum don't make money off of it. Content creators do. Also if the forum is dying so much why are you here? You went out of your way to join a dying forum 3 months ago. Also the report was that "It could be" delayed and not that it was going to. But Preach, and the others, know what their fans will twist and run off with.
    Preach literally got blacklisted by Blizzard for his opinions. Bay had to beg to get him in on that interview with Ion because the pathetic little PR weasels were scared of the questions he would ask.

Blizzard used to be a bastion of PC gaming. People crucify Blizzard now for a fucking reason.

Imagine calling MMO Champion unbiased when they literally post guides on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF.

"Here is a 25 step guide that takes heaps of pathetic little work-arounds to recruit YOURSELF to RAF. Here - GIVE BLIZZARD MORE MONEY GUYS"

Yeah because the opinion of someone with a 25k post count on a dying fan forum is worth more than community members who actually write guides and contribute to the game. People who get invited by Blizzard to Blizzcon.

That does not make them experts on game development, though. And yes, they have plenty of reason. Their livelyhood depends on getting other peoples attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumours start from somewhere and rumours can be either true or false.
    Plenty of rumours have no basis in anything whatsoever and are little more than somebody's dreams or nightmares. The important part is that a rumour is not evidence or confirmation of anything.

Nothing you said supports the conclusion that they are behind schedule, because all you listed was hearsay. It doesn't support any conclusion at all beyond that somebody said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Yes except if you did the math that we have in game Shadowlands would have released around September as that's how much data they put in for weekly PvP conquest rewards and the standard 4-6 week pre-patch. They have three free months to fill in with lost time so a december release is more plausible than anyone claiming 2021.
    Yeah I know, with the cloak resistance reaching max by September 8th or something, but what's your point? This was before the entire global economy came grinding to a halt. It's a different world right now, so you just need to accept delays in pretty much everything

If we end up with 3, 6 or even 9 months more of BfA then it is what it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Preach literally got blacklisted by Blizzard for his opinions. Bay had to beg to get him in on that interview with Ion because the pathetic little PR weasels were scared of the questions he would ask. Blizzard used to be a bastion of PC gaming. People crucify Blizzard now for a fucking reason.
    You aren't helping your case by saying a streamer that "started" the rumors was blacklisted and was barely let into the interview. You don't think any bitterness or bias would exist in a case like that? Yes people crucify Blizzard for a reason. But much of it is because people no longer like X for Y reason and instead of letting go they join dying forums to discuss the things they don't like.

Imagine calling MMO Champion unbiased when they literally post guides on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF.
    I never made an argument on if MMO-Champion, the site owners, are biased or not. Obviously they are going to release content that is favorable to Blizzard because they are a fan site. Not to mention guides on how to self do RAF is nothing new. The guide was also a way to give Blizzard less money because you were gaming the system to take advantage of sale prices. But hey go ahead and hate on. You joined the dying forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah I know, with the cloak resistance reaching max by September 8th or something, but what's your point? This was before the entire global economy came grinding to a halt. It's a different world right now, so you just need to accept delays in pretty much everything

If we end up with 3, 6 or even 9 months more of BfA then it is what it is.

I said my point, so I'm not sure why you felt the desire to quote me to repeat myself. So I'll just re-quote it for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They have three free months to fill in with lost time so a december release is more plausible than anyone claiming 2021
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Blizz has to release it in q4 or their accounting will be f'ed.