Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'm not going to read garbage that isn't an official blue post saying it has a hard cap and when we'll reach that hard cap. Math dictates how you can estimate a release date, you want to speculate on nonsense that isn't confirmed at all. Huge difference.
    Except the cap is confirmed, in a "blue post" (well, patch notes actually, but a blue posted them)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I hope I'm wrong. If we had already seen the alpha then maybe I'd think otherwise but given we haven't, plus the world is upside down leads me to believe they will miss 2020 targets.
    Well the alpha already exists in some form. It shouldn't matter if players see it or not as Blizzard could be changing the NDA stuff again. We didn't always get a full glimpse of early stuff. BfA entered alpha in early 2018 with a August release. If they employed the same time frame for Shadowlands testing they are not behind for an September/October release. Prior to the pandemic of course but with the nature of game development and the internet I bet that Blizzard employees are set up to do a lot of work from home.

The work would certainly go slower due to being decentralized but game design is one of the few industries that can easily be work from home. So it could be delayed due to the pandemic. But not everything in the world is being hit equally.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to read garbage that isn't an official blue post saying it has a hard cap and when we'll reach that hard cap. Math dictates how you can estimate a release date, you want to speculate on nonsense that isn't confirmed at all. Huge difference.
    The math of a September release for, at least the pre-patch, is based on official confirmation that cloak corruption resistance has a hard cap of 125 with a small amount gained weekly. Just because you don't like it, or it conflicts with your pvp math, doesn't mean it is nonsense.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i will remind people 1 more time that during blizzcon intervies devs stated they plan shadowlands for late 2020 or early 2021

the fact that we have almost april now and not even alpha is out confirms 2021 release
    they never said such a thing and they even said on the pre-order of the game, on or before december 31, 2020. So unless something absolute major happens. SL is coming 2020. This virus will more than likely not affect it. A world war might, but i don't see one happening any time soon
    They can work from home and the majority of the game is already done. They can still travel to the office to do shit they have to do there, 1 at a time. They aren't locked in their homes

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah, nah December is too optimistic
    "ya, nah" statistics and data prove you wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Saying something before a global pandemic and saying it during are two completely different things. One was shot down because of no merit. The other has merit.
    incorrect. the Shadowlands reveal was the most underbaked expansion reveal of all time, exemplifying how far behind the expansion really was. an early 2021 release date was always on the table, even before the pandemic.

alpha was always going to get released in late may; beta was always going to be longer than usual due to the negative feedback of the rushed BFA.
    Last edited by Zexaniro; 2020-03-24 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    incorrect. the Shadowlands reveal was the most underbaked expansion reveal of all time, exemplifying how far behind the expansion really was. an early 2021 release date was always on the table, even before the pandemic. alpha was always going to get released in late may; beta was always going to be longer than usual due to the negative feedback of the rushed BFA.
    It wasn't always on the table. If alpha was always going to be released in late may why are there already encrypted builds? You also have no proof then "I say so". Beta has never been stated to be longer then normal. Blizzard has indicated it was going to be released in 2020. They wouldn't do that while at the same time always intending to delay it because of a late alpha and longer beta.

So you were shot down for no merit just as you with the assertions in this post. A delay because of the pandemic is not being shot down by anyone because it is entirely possible and reasonable.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I actually think this is the perfect excuse for Blizzard to delay the expansion. I can bet they will release a statement that says "due to the covid pandemic, we had to stop development from most of our games and thus we'll be moving Shadowlands release further into 2021, sorry".

I mean, would it be so bad actually? Maybe it would help not to release a rushed expansion and polish the game, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

Yeah I see a lot of talk and zero evidence, I remember people saying BFA was delayed, WOD was delayed, all got launched well before their final date.

Covid isn't delaying development either, since they probably took their work computers and can work from home, which improves productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by sarow View Post
    we had to stop development from most of our games
    except for the the fact that they haven't, slower maybe yes, but stopped no.

"ya, nah" statistics and data prove you wrong.
    LOL your "statistics and data" is based on the fact that pvp rewards end at a particular time and you've added some arbitrary 4-6 week period (purely speculative)

You keep making statements of fact based when all you're doing is guessing how far after the end of a pvp season the pre-patch will hit. Stop trying to make yourself sound smarter than you are and just accept the fact you have no idea when SL will release like the rest of us

I still think a November/December release is likely.
    While Alpha testing hasn't started beyond friends and family yet, the end of the year is still a little over 8 months away, so there is very much still time to hit the end of year mark.

Until Blizzard confirms that release has been pushed into 2021, I remain convinced it will come out this year.

Bit of an exageration to say late 2021, but i can see it delayed to early 2021.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to believe that the expansion will be delayed until 2021, and they'll blame the Coronavirus when in reality it's because they just haven't developed it fast enough.

every expansion was released in the announced window, and so will be shadowlands, how this incredibly stupid thread could reach page 37 is beyond my comprehension
    (well bc was "delayed" but it didnt have official release timeframe at the time of delay so thats a bit different situation)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    every expansion was released in the announced window, and so will be shadowlands, how this incredibly stupid thread could reach page 37 is beyond my comprehension
    (well bc was "delayed" but it didnt have official release timeframe at the time of delay so thats a bit different situation)
    Warcraft 3 Reforged had a deadline and they still delayed it until 2020.

(didn't help though, the game is a dumpster fire and irredeemable)
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    The Burning crusade was said to be released in "Winter" when they officially announced it would be delayed to 2007 in October 2006. It is exactly the same situation as now with Shadowlands. We have "on or before 12-31-20 which is a general window. It is likely it will not be delayed but with the pandemic now it isn't as sure of a thing.

The Burning crusade was said to be released in "Winter" when they officially announced it would be delayed to 2007 in October 2006. It is exactly the same situation as now with Shadowlands. We have "on or before 12-31-20 which is a general window. It is likely it will not be delayed but with the pandemic now it isn't as sure of a thing.
    If it is delayed it won't be much, lockdowns are temporary and even then, while development may be slowed slightly, it hasn't stopped.

And some people also work better from home, without meetings constantly interrupting their day. It sucks when you get into something and you're hyper focused and then the fucking 2 pm meeting rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Warcraft 3 Reforged had a deadline and they still delayed it until 2020.

(didn't help though, the game is a dumpster fire and irredeemable)
    and it have nothing to do with the wow as it was done by completely different team...

- - - Updated - - -

correct, BC was said to be released in winter, and it was...
    thing is, there was no certain DATE for burning crusade, there is one for shadowlands... and afaik last couple expansions were actualy released quite in advance, so even if shadowlands is delayed a bit there is NOTHING suggesting it will be delayed to next year...

15+ Year Old Account
    correct, BC was said to be released in winter, and it was... thing is, there was no certain DATE for burning crusade, there is one for shadowlands... and afaik last couple expansions were actualy released quite in advance, so even if shadowlands is delayed a bit there is NOTHING suggesting it will be delayed to next year...
    Then why did they officially announce a delay if it was never actually delayed? There is no "certain date" for Shadowlands. The only date we have is on or before 12/31/2020. Which is just as ambiguous as "winter".

and it have nothing to do with the wow as it was done by completely different team...
    It's a precedent set by Blizzard not even half a year ago, doesn't matter if it's WoW or any other Blizzard IP. If they did it with Warcraft 3 Reforged - which in my opinion was planned to be a bigger release than Shadowlands for them financially - they can and will absolutely do it with Shadowlads if deemed necessary / mandatory.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-26 at 07:51 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again