Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Like, there is nothing for me to even say here. You shared your opinion, i said i disagreed and why and you move on to insults.
    I apologize if you took what I said as an insult. It was intended to hopefully draw attention to your overt bias and lack of critical thinking so that you could discuss this logically and without emotion.

You thinking hunts and fate's are the same thing is just ridiculous. What do you want me to say? You find them "zerg" content, but Rare FATE's are far from "zerg" content. Hunts at max level (A and S) are far from "zerg" content. It just makes me think you never really tried this content at max level. So, what do you want me to say in face of such a comment?
    I want you to tell me why I'm wrong citing insight and examples. I just fail to see how you can say they're ANYTHING but zerg content, when it's just dozens of players facerolling the content with anywhere from 0 to minimal chance of failure (FATEs -> Rare Hunts). I did do this content. I was able to successfully do it by being in the top 3 damage as a tank out of nearly 50 people, while having a full conversation on the phone and watching netflix on my other monitor. That's how trivial this content is. Everyone knows it so I don't know why you're suggesting otherwise?

I have played both games at max level. I have experienced the content and FFXIV is simply more interactive, unlike what you say. Fates happen randomly in the map, they last 15 to 30m. Rare fates have amazing unique world bosses that are very hard and the community needs to work together to overcome (communities/linkshells/discords). Same for high level hunts. They have mechanics that will 1-shot people. It requires several groups of players. It's social and it's not a faceroll on keyboard moment (and has unique rewards). Can you say that WoW world bosses are that?
    FATEs are on scripted timers, just like WQs. Rare FATEs have marginally fancier models than regular FATEs and they're the furthest thing from very hard. Titan Savage is very hard, Alexander Ultimate is very hard. FATEs have never been hard. Yes standing in 7s delay telegraphs will one shot you. That doesn't make something hard. WoW world bosses suck, just like Hunts. Full stop.

Explain to me in detail - how FF14 is more interactive in the open world.

I think this argument always comes around to the fact that WoW pretends that there are players there when these are nothing but drone players. There is not social experience, no team effort. That is what is a zerg, not an organized group of players.
    MMO's are as social of an experience as you make them. Neither game is inherently more social than the other. Every single instance I join in either game is dead silent, or a maximum of hello. World maps are generally devoid of communication, and hub areas are usually filled with robust discussion (for better or worse). I mean hell, most FF14 content doesn't even hold people accountable let alone require collaboration. FF14 if anything forces discussion inward rather than outward via it's numerous private communication channels.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    'WoW has me in it's clutches' because I don't agree with your complaints and debate them and I'm falling for some sort of 'illusion'? Honestly the way you refuse to admit faults with FF14 makes me feel you're falling for the illusion of a new paint smell from being relatively new to FF14. I play both games and keep a sub going with both though more time has gone into FF14 lately as I wait for 8.3 as I bounce around with the patches though yes I stick with WoW for higher end content as I personally find WoW's raids more enjoyable. In the end I don't see this fabled communication in FF14 outside the same places I see it in WoW. The reality is both games do certain things better than the other and neither is sadly perfect nor does a ton better than the other. Yes I like to play solo in the outside world especially since I love playing my alts that way but for group play I do get more meaningful content with Mythic and M+. I have my issues with WoW especially the story and how fumbled Azerite has been along with the fumbled class design but world design is not an area I'd ever say FF14 does better. Anyway you're right it is pointless to discuss things with you so that's the end of it for me. I'll even let you get the last word though I'll likely not read it.
    I started playing FFXIV with ARR. So, "puff" to that theory.

I played both for a while. But WoW is just missing too many standard features now. The devs are lazy and entitled, so yeah i'm a bit disappointed with WoW atm as i don't see it getting better. FF is fine atm. You act like i think FF is perfect. It's not, but atm it's probably the best mmo out there. You being alergic to grouping doesn't change that. Maybe the ff devs will create a system to pop out players drones in the future and suddenly the world will "feel alive" to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I apologize if you took what I said as an insult. It was intended to hopefully draw attention to your overt bias and lack of critical thinking so that you could discuss this logically and without emotion.

I want you to tell me why I'm wrong citing insight and examples. I just fail to see how you can say they're ANYTHING but zerg content, when it's just dozens of players facerolling the content with anywhere from 0 to minimal chance of failure (FATEs -> Rare Hunts). I did do this content. I was able to successfully do it by being in the top 3 damage as a tank out of nearly 50 people, while having a full conversation on the phone and watching netflix on my other monitor. That's how trivial this content is. Everyone knows it so I don't know why you're suggesting otherwise?

FATEs are on scripted timers, just like WQs. Rare FATEs have marginally fancier models than regular FATEs and they're the furthest thing from very hard. Titan Savage is very hard, Alexander Ultimate is very hard. FATEs have never been hard. Yes standing in 7s delay telegraphs will one shot you. That doesn't make something hard. WoW world bosses suck, just like Hunts. Full stop.

MMO's are as social of an experience as you make them. Neither game is inherently more social than the other. Every single instance I join in either game is dead silent, or a maximum of hello. World maps are generally devoid of communication, and hub areas are usually filled with robust discussion (for better or worse). I mean hell, most FF14 content doesn't even hold people accountable let alone require collaboration. FF14 if anything forces discussion inward rather than outward via it's numerous private communication channels.
    Honestly, i tire of your bs prefaces. I think you are just talking out of your rear end and you haven't actually played ffxiv at max level or done any a or s rank hunts or rare fates.

Ok, for example "Formidable rare fate". I don't know what are you even talking about. You zerg low level hunts, but max level ones have one shot abilities, deaths are a constant. They are not the same as an instanced raid. In FF players can be resed any number of times and they don't have enrage timers. Except the rare fates have an expire timer.

Fates are not like World quests. I can also add how Fates are not locked behind max level. They are events that happen organicly and make the world feel alive. World quests are static. They stay there for 12 hours and disappear if you do them. Nothing replaces them in the meanwhile. I already said this, maybe you will listen this time. World quests are 12 hour daily quests you don't need to pick up. They are better compared to beast tribe quests.

Devoid of communication cause you don't try. Takes 2 to tango. Thing is you got a chance in ff, you are interacting and you need people to clear S ranks and rare fates. In WoW just players pop in and out, no word at all, not even a hello. You literally don't even know if they are just the blizzard AI bots.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-20 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post

You're better off just putting him on ignore and moving on as it's obviously a waste of time talking with him. Most of his posts are rambling and completely disregard half the things you say to go on some unrelated rant.

Honestly, i tire of your bs prefaces. I think you are just talking out of your rear end and you haven't actually played ffxiv at max level or done any a or s rank hunts or rare fates.

Ok, for example "Formidable rare fate". I don't know what are you even talking about. You zerg low level hunts, but max level ones have one shot abilities, deaths are a constant. They are not the same as an instanced raid. In FF players can be resed any number of times and they don't have enrage timers. Except the rare fates have an expire timer.

Fates are not like World quests. I can also add how Fates are not locked behind max level. They are events that happen organicly and make the world feel alive. World quests are static. They stay there for 12 hours and disappear if you do them. Nothing replaces them in the meanwhile. I already said this, maybe you will listen this time. World quests are 12 hour daily quests you don't need to pick up. They are better compared to beast tribe quests.

Devoid of communication cause you don't try. Takes 2 to tango. Thing is you got a chance in ff, you are interacting and you need people to clear S ranks and rare fates. In WoW just players pop in and out, no word at all, not even a hello. You literally don't even know if they are just the blizzard AI bots.
    The fact that something CAN kill you in no way removes the idea that it's zerg content. It's a bunch of people throwing themselves at the enemy until it dies. Because it's open world and people can continue being rezzed, going to their home point and coming back means it's absolutely zergable....it just goes faster and smoother when more people actually follow the mechanics. The Formidable FATE has never been anything but a zerg fest, taken down purely because it's absolutely crawling with people poking at it. Because it's so full of people you can't hardly even see the mechanics, people just fall over dead because they have no idea what's going on.

FATEs and World quests are the same thing, with different underlying timers. They're a thing that pops up in the world for you to do for a relatively meager reward. World Quests just have a longer timer and FATEs rotate regularly. If you insist, I'll acquiesce and say WQ's are a combination of a daily and a FATE.

As to communication, if you consider "Invite for hunt plz" followed by absolute silence until the mob dies communication, I'm not sure you'll find many who agree with that in any meaningful way. And you don't even NEED to do that, if you're in the area and see the Hunt Train or see a bunch of shouts for "Inv for hunt"and just head over there on your own and poke at the monster it's the exact same scenario as in WoW. You're much better served in both games to be part of a group...they're both zerg content though.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The fact that something CAN kill you in no way removes the idea that it's zerg content. It's a bunch of people throwing themselves at the enemy until it dies. Because it's open world and people can continue being rezzed, going to their home point and coming back means it's absolutely zergable....it just goes faster and smoother when more people actually follow the mechanics. The Formidable FATE has never been anything but a zerg fest, taken down purely because it's absolutely crawling with people poking at it. Because it's so full of people you can't hardly even see the mechanics, people just fall over dead because they have no idea what's going on.

FATEs and World quests are the same thing, with different underlying timers. They're a thing that pops up in the world for you to do for a relatively meager reward. World Quests just have a longer timer and FATEs rotate regularly. If you insist, I'll acquiesce and say WQ's are a combination of a daily and a FATE.

As to communication, if you consider "Invite for hunt plz" followed by absolute silence until the mob dies communication, I'm not sure you'll find many who agree with that in any meaningful way. And you don't even NEED to do that, if you're in the area and see the Hunt Train or see a bunch of shouts for "Inv for hunt"and just head over there on your own and poke at the monster it's the exact same scenario as in WoW. You're much better served in both games to be part of a group...they're both zerg content though.
    So, by your logic, world bosses are all zerg unless they have enrage timers, no matter if they have mechanics. It is possible to wipe to them. Like the mud monster in I'll mheg.
    I honestly wonder if you people even actually played the game or are talking after finishing the story (at best) and leaving.
    While there isn't a limit to reses, they do give the resed person a 1m weakness debuff and they are 10 second casts with an instant every minute. There is a limit. Too much failure will lead to a wipe, but players who run the content tend to learn and die less leading to newbies being carried and thinking it's a zerg.

I did mention that there is a time limit for some too (the rare fates). So, if you don't have the damage they despawn and you fail. So, you have to recognise those aren't zergs by your own logic.

Yes, or you join a discord, or fellowship, or linkshell or bring an FC group. I'm not gonna bother with discussing the social part. You are as social as you want to be. This is fully a fail on your part. You want to play solo? You want to be anti-social? Your choice. Don't blame the game for it cause it's your doing.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-21 at 01:45 AM.

So, by your logic, world bosses are all zerg unless they have enrage timers, no matter if they have mechanics. It is possible to wipe to them. Like the mud monster in I'll mheg.
    Yes.....if you can kill it eventually by throwing enough people at it enough times that is, by definition, zerg-able content.

I honestly wonder if you people even actually played the game or are talking after finishing the story (at best) and leaving.
    I honestly wonder if you're capable of critical thinking.

While there isn't a limit to reses, they do give the resed person a 1m weakness debuff and they are 10 second casts with an instant every minute. There is a limit. Too much failure will lead to a wipe, but players who run the content tend to learn and die less leading to newbies being carried and thinking it's a zerg.
    It takes maybe 1 minute to get back to that area even after rezzing at your home point and then teleporting back to the zone. No rez sickness needed.

A couple people not dying to the mechanics doesn't make it any less of a zerg.

It's not always a zerg, though. I'm just saying it IS zerg-able. I took down the Mudman with a group of 8 people and that sure as hell was not a zerg fest, it couldn't have been with only that many people, it did feel like a normal boss fight just outdoors.

I did mention that there is a time limit for some too (the rare fates). So, if you don't have the damage they despawn and you fail. So, you have to recognise those aren't zergs by your own logic.
    Time limits don't make them any less zerg-able either. The time limits are quite long on the rare fates too, usually 60 minutes.

Yes, or you join a discord, or fellowship, or linkshell or bring an FC group. I'm not gonna bother with discussing the social part. You are as social as you want to be. This is fully a fail on your part. You want to play solo? You want to be anti-social? Your choice. Don't blame the game for it cause it's your doing.
    My point is that you said the content requires communication, I'm pointing out that it does not. Nowhere did I ever say what I do. I agree that those events require people, but you don't have to communicate with those people in order to clear it. That's my entire point. You already acknowledged it somewhat here though, with the bolded text.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes.....if you can kill it eventually by throwing enough people at it enough times that is, by definition, zerg-able content.

I honestly wonder if you're capable of critical thinking.

It takes maybe 1 minute to get back to that area even after rezzing at your home point and then teleporting back to the zone. No rez sickness needed.

A couple people not dying to the mechanics doesn't make it any less of a zerg.

It's not always a zerg, though. I'm just saying it IS zerg-able. I took down the Mudman with a group of 8 people and that sure as hell was not a zerg fest, it couldn't have been with only that many people, it did feel like a normal boss fight just outdoors.

Time limits don't make them any less zerg-able either. The time limits are quite long on the rare fates too, usually 60 minutes.

My point is that you said the content requires communication, I'm pointing out that it does not. Nowhere did I ever say what I do. I agree that those events require people, but you don't have to communicate with those people in order to clear it. That's my entire point. You already acknowledged it somewhat here though, with the bolded text.
    And that's that. The only people uncapable of critical thinking here are those so blinded by wow's design that they cannot fathom anything else, apparantly.
    I am not gonna bother with rude people anymore. Hey, you don't like it, don't play it. I am not gonna read through your mess if you can't be respectful. Goodbye!
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-21 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    This game needs to remove that shit. It's fucking 2019.
    This is what you complain about with this game? Of all the issues the game has, this is what you pick to focus on? What a fucking twat.

Loading screens on an SSD take less than a few seconds. Not worth creating a forum post to bitch about.

And that's that. The only people uncapable of critical thinking here are those so blinded by wow's design that they cannot fathom anything else, apparantly.
    I am not gonna bother with rude people anymore. Hey, you don't like it, don't play it. I am not gonna read through your mess if you can't be respectful. Goodbye!
    So says the person so busy frothing at the mouth for someone daring to critique your precious FFXIV that you can’t even see that I didn’t speak in glowing terms about WoW either nor did I even slam FFXIV.

And I’m the one incapable of critical thought.

But you’re right. I’m done with you too. Frothing zealots like you are impossible to reason with and have meaningful discussions with anyway.