They should fuse sub/sin spec and make dark ranger a new ranged rogue spec

It's like reverse legion hunter treatment.

I'm sure people are either going to either love this or absolutely hate this suggestion and I'm sure it's been made before but I really would love to see this for a few reasons I think are fairly sound.

Gameplay wise, sub has had an identity crisis for countless expansions now. Most recently, with the removal of the tunneled single target dps from using aoe to fuel combo points, there's nothing this spec does that's unique or special. It has no niche at all. Historically in somewhere like cata, sub was the insane burst spec rivaled only by an arcane mage for those precious burn phases like on spine of deathwing. Nowadays, I really just don't understand what sub is good for or what it brings to the table.

Competitively speaking, having a ranged spec would be really great for rogues, even though we are kind of sought after in raids, it'd be really cool for those inevitable fights that need like 3 melee max such as Blackhand, Mythrax or Fetid. Not all guilds can just pick up quality ranged for a boss or two in a tier so being able to swap into ranged would help out our guilds.

Thematically, sin/sub feel so similar anyway. The idea of a shadowy assassin utilising poisons and shadow magic to take down their target, for me personally I don't understand why this has to be 2 separate specs.

Again on theme, dark ranger is a concept loved by the community for years now. I can't see them bringing it to hunter or even as a whole other class, at least not for another 3 years obviously. Sub seems to have this shadow magic theme going for it which works well with sin but doesn't seem to truly stand on its own. I think making it into a ranged spec could be a good way to give it distinction and uniqueness.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather not, I loved Subtlety up until Legion when it got shredded to bits and became absolute garbage.
    I also think that 90% of people would say that a Dark Ranger is a Hunter spec base.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfa View Post

I'm sure people are either going to either love this or absolutely hate this suggestion and I'm sure it's been made before but I really would love to see this for a few reasons I think are fairly sound.

Gameplay wise, sub has had an identity crisis for countless expansions now. Most recently, with the removal of the tunneled single target dps from using aoe to fuel combo points, there's nothing this spec does that's unique or special. It has no niche at all. Historically in somewhere like cata, sub was the insane burst spec rivaled only by an arcane mage for those precious burn phases like on spine of deathwing. Nowadays, I really just don't understand what sub is good for or what it brings to the table.

Competitively speaking, having a ranged spec would be really great for rogues, even though we are kind of sought after in raids, it'd be really cool for those inevitable fights that need like 3 melee max such as Blackhand, Mythrax or Fetid. Not all guilds can just pick up quality ranged for a boss or two in a tier so being able to swap into ranged would help out our guilds.

Thematically, sin/sub feel so similar anyway. The idea of a shadowy assassin utilising poisons and shadow magic to take down their target, for me personally I don't understand why this has to be 2 separate specs.

Again on theme, dark ranger is a concept loved by the community for years now. I can't see them bringing it to hunter or even as a whole other class, at least not for another 3 years obviously. Sub seems to have this shadow magic theme going for it which works well with sin but doesn't seem to truly stand on its own. I think making it into a ranged spec could be a good way to give it distinction and uniqueness.

Thoughts?
    You know what spec they shouldn't do anything to? Assassination, because it's been the only fully functional spec for near 4 years now.

They should fix sub.

And I could see outlaw getting the Dark Ranger treatment, mainly because take away the gun and roll the bones, and it's essentially what you would want out of a hypothetical dark ranger...

And I say hypothetical because dark ranger is an organization, not a single spec.

Only if we can add a new type of role and have a tank, DPS, healer, and support roles. And add in bards, runemaster, and tinkers. Then you can have dark rangers.

no /10chars

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    This is much worse then just adding dark ranger to DK.

Thoughts?
    Oh give up already.

Only Undeads can be Dark Rangers.

A living Dwarf/Human/Orc/Elf etc. cannot be a Dark Ranger so making it a general class spec makes absolutely no sense.

The fact that you’re willing to destroy a class that a lot of people love, just to get your own selfish desires fulfilled is just fucked up. Stop being so selfish.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-13 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would HATE if they made Rogues a hybrid class, the role as pure dps is much more fitting with the class lore. They should go back to combat instead of outlaw, or make SnD viable instead of keep rolling dices.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Oh give up already.

Only Undeads can be Dark Rangers.

A living Dwarf/Human/Orc/Elf etc. cannot be a Dark Ranger so making it a general class spec makes absolutely no sense.

The fact that you’re willing to destroy a class that a lot of people love, just to get your own selfish desires fulfilled is just fucked up. Stop being so selfish.
    Do I know you or something? Do you not think you've completely overreacted here? "Selfish" "Destroy" like what?

Play an elf hunter lonewolf.

Turning Survival into Dark Ranger spec is more likely
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Do I know you or something? Do you not think you've completely overreacted here? "Selfish" "Destroy" like what?
    Not overreacting at all.

I’m tired of all this shit about Dark Rangers and how desperate people are to get them. You are willing to make up the most pathetic excuses.

First of all, Dark Ranger is tied to a specific race. It is basically an Undead Ranger with some special training that has some special abilities based on them being undead compared to a living ranger. So it CANNOT BE SPEC. None of the living races can be Dark Rangers.

Secondly you are suggesting to heavily modify a class that a lot of people love (and has been in the game since the origin) into a completely unrecognizable state just to get your fucking Dark Ranger. You’re willing to make a lot of people sad to make yourself happy. This I would call VERY selfish.

So No, I’m not overreacting.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-13 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Not overreacting at all.

I’m tired of all this shit about Dark Rangers and how desperate people are to get them. You are willing to make up the most pathetic excuses.

First of all, Dark Ranger is tied to a specific race. It is basically an Undead Ranger with some special training that has some special abilities based on them being undead compared to a living ranger. So it CANNOT BE SPEC. None of the living races can be Dark Rangers.

Secondly you are suggesting to heavily modify a class that a lot of people love (and has been in the game since the origin) into a completely unrecognizable state just to get your fucking Dark Ranger. You’re willing to make a lot of people sad to make yourself happy. This I would call VERY selfish.

So No, I’m not overreacting.
    yeah okay you need to calm down

5+ Year Old Account
    No.. Sub crisis doesnt have problems arround its gameplay, it arround the identity of the spec
    SUB = Ninja
    and i double dare you to contradict me. Literally from Secret Technique to fricking SHuriken Storm....

Poblem will always be, that blizzard didnt want the "weeb ninja shinobi" buuuuut, they wanted something more western and shadowy.... and it ended in a SPec that doesnt even know what it is. Outlaw is the best example, was a great change, it gave identity to the spec.

Now, with Shadowlands i hope that Poisons help Sub to be relieve again, that sustain damage its the one needed for them, high burst, medium dps. Because again, the spec didnt have a great change in its core (Shadow dance rotation) but it lose many things and blizzard didnt added "things" for the shinobi style.

Now a 4th spec arround Dark Ranger, or a pure Range rogue, thats something that i could take consideration, because we rogues already can use rifles, bows and crossbows. Yet we dont even use them anymore (that part of classic that i enjoy), something like a western Outlaw (clint eastwood) pistols style or just crossbow and rifles.

This thread has no place. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.