Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Edit: And before the Blizzard defenders come sperging, yes I know this is just the first step, but the first step should be to fix these god awful textures, not fiddle with some light effects. Why even put this half-finished stuff on the PTR, there is literally no reason to mark this for inclusion into the latest PTR build, when you gonna change it later anyway.
    You can't just "retexture" stuff and expect an improvement. Retexturing is only half of it. When it comes to quality effects, lighting carries a LOT more weight.

As someone that modded Fallout 4, textures have multiple effects. An object that glows will typically be a decal texture that has a glowmap texture on top. Eyes in the game currently aren't glowing at all. They just have a mesh object above the pupils. Since the mesh is an actual object itself, it causes clipping issues. If nothing else, all Blizzard did in this update was delete the floating meshes.

The latest patch update to the eyes, looks really good!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    *image snip*

The latest patch update to the eyes, looks really good!
    Oh shit those DO look really good! If DK looks half as good as your BE toon I might have to play mine more!
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Oh shit those DO look really good! If DK looks half as good as your BE toon I might have to play mine more!
    This is how it looks like on my BE DK

It actually looks great! Quite the improvement!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Can't say I'm a big fan of these changes. The effect is not meaty enough. Looks less magical.

Old:

New:

New close up:

Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    This is how it looks like on my BE DK

*image snip*

It actually looks great! Quite the improvement!
    Yeah female BE definitely look great regardless of color! I wonder how it looks on other races/genders? Hopefully wowhead will put out a comprehensive gallery soon
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

I think it looks pretty good now. I just racechanged my PTR character to human, it's not bad at all