Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Seems Velonara picks to stay with horde.

I see you remained in Orgrimmar.
    We dark rangers were fiercely loyal to Sylvanas. We trusted her... followed her commands.
    It is clear that our loyalty was never truly reciprocated.
    Some of my sisters and brothers have chosen to remain at the Dark Lady's side. I, and many others, have not.
    <Velonara's expression becomes steely. Determined.>
    I refuse to be a slave to this torment.
    Both the sin'dorei and Forsaken are my kin. I stand with them, and with the Horde.
    Sylvie you seriously screwed up your followers.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Personality cults tend to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I quite much love that multiple layers of the forsaken, including some dark rangers, are steered towards loyalty to the Horde. Having fought with the Horde on multiple fronts and battlefields for this long, it would be very odd if they hadn't formed bonds with the Horde.

Plus Velonara has been in the game and doing stuff for all the expansions since Cata (excluding Pandaria) - I'd love to see her developed further as a part of the new Forsaken leadership now that the old one has crumbled away.

does she do that whisper shit supporting sylvanas if you're a loyalist?

some of the "former" loyalists do that in orgrimmar.

if she doesn't though, i'm glad to see some of them are staying on our side.

Good. Make her the Forsaken Rokhan.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Or... was she very craftily loading the Shadowlands with sleeper agents for a war important enough to sacrifice everything she had.

So. Dark Rangers who served Sylvanas for years and were her most trusted elite can defect from her to the Horde. While undead night elfs who were risen out of spite and have no purpose in the Horde cant defect to Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    So. Dark Rangers who served Sylvanas for years and were her most trusted elite can defect from her to the Horde. While undead night elfs who were risen out of spite and have no purpose in the Horde cant defect to Alliance?
    The Alliance has always been portrayed as having a lot of trouble accepting Forsaken. Even the BfA pre-expansion book made that very clear. Do you really think the decimated Night Elven population would welcome these abominations to Elune, after what Sylvanas did? They aren't known for their tolerance.

As for the Dark Rangers. They may have been favored of Sylvanas, but they do have free will. It's not insane that there are plenty that chose the Forsaken over Sylvanas after being told they were nothing to her. It's a hard choice for sure. But it's not like it's an unlikely choice. The options are going on the run and being hunted by a world that wants to kill you, for following someone that hasn't been truthful. Or being able to continue your normal life with your people. I'm sure many of Hitler's most trusted and loyal servants would have denounced him with Germany's defeat, if full amnesty and a return to their normal lives would have been on the table. Even if it was known that he actually flew off to Argentina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Disappointing. I don’t see why anyone would want to be part of the Horde at this stage. With Baine as Warchief it’s all but under the Alliance’s boot.

One part game mechanics issues, but it's possible this might be part of the 'the jailor is fucking up Shadowlands and Sylvanas might want to fix it, even if that mainly just means more power for her' since the night elf dark rangers came to be past the point that the Jailor was messing with the shadowlands, the original dark rangers predate that problem.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Alliance has always been portrayed as having a lot of trouble accepting Forsaken. Even the BfA pre-expansion book made that very clear. Do you really think the decimated Night Elven population would welcome these abominations to Elune, after what Sylvanas did? They aren't known for their tolerance.

As for the Dark Rangers. They may have been favored of Sylvanas, but they do have free will. It's not insane that there are plenty that chose the Forsaken over Sylvanas after being told they were nothing to her. It's a hard choice for sure. But it's not like it's an unlikely choice. The options are going on the run and being hunted by a world that wants to kill you, for following someone that hasn't been truthful. Or being able to continue your normal life with your people. I'm sure many of Hitler's most trusted and loyal servants would have denounced him with Germany's defeat, if full amnesty and a return to their normal lives would have been on the table. Even if it was known that he actually flew off to Argentina.
    Tyrande herself begs them to return when they rise and they refuse. And yet later Maieve (MAIEVE, like THE racist elf) tells Sira to stop , to not force her hand. I bet that if Night elven dark rangers came back and asked to be taken back they would have being allowed to rejoin the Alliance. Maybe under some scrutiny but situation would have being roughly like with Death Knights. Basically, nothing stops them from rejoining current Alliance with leaders like Anduin. Or if they really cant or dont want they can go solo and join neutral factions or form their own since war is over and it is unlikely that they will be hunted by anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    One part game mechanics issues, but it's possible this might be part of the 'the jailor is fucking up Shadowlands and Sylvanas might want to fix it, even if that mainly just means more power for her' since the night elf dark rangers came to be past the point that the Jailor was messing with the shadowlands, the original dark rangers predate that problem.
    And yet they come and hang with Calia no problem. Calia - who is nobody to them, a stranger of foreign religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Multiple "Former Loyalists" are seen in Org after the situation. To everyone who walks by, they comment how they were 'fooled' by the Dark Lady. If you're someone who accepted the eye, you were told by them "For the Dark Lady. Always..." in whisper as you walked by.

Thus, even with her saying this in person, there's no reason to believe they're on our side.
    Yeah but this is Sylvanas' elites.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We maintain the trend that Garry's followers got to die with dignity, whereas the Forsaken get to be Calia-ized, truly a fate worse than death. So far so standard. There are some other interesting things in there though.

The first is that this is one case where we can see how the loyalist questline has shifted story intent a bit. Things like the whispers from the Former Loyalists and the Dark Ranger who got tipped off by Sylvanas on the possible outcome of the Mak'gora were not originally intended, and thus the Forsaken change of heart was meant to be total. But we know that Sylvanas informed at least some of her dark rangers of what could've happened when she left and now they have to work this in by way of having Velonara reference that some left, but others remained, despite it not quite gelling that she left them if the Dark Rangers weren't actually abandoned but were in on her plans as 8.2.5 shows us with Lenara. I would advise everyone to contain their expectations when it comes to Sylvanas sleeper agents - they might crop up, but they were not an intended plot point in the original draft of this.

The second point is what @VladlTutushkin mentions. That Sylvanas's closest followers are apparently willingly to ditch her immediately, even with some of them being in the know, and stick with both the Horde and, crucially with Velonara, the blood elves, so their living identity, makes what's been done with Delaryn and the night elven dark rangers even more insulting. Firstly that they need Calia to set them right when those who were much closer to Sylvanas didn't and second that they're being herded into the Forsaken, despite the reclamation of identity that both the Lordaeronian humans and the Thalassian dark rangers are going on meaning that it would make the most sense fro them to return to their race, as both Maiev and Tyrande offered.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-11-13 at 12:07 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Picks to stay in the Horde would be a better way to put it. Her true allegiances are unknown. Funny, because yesterday I logged on my Horde toon to farm Voldunai rep and I saw her on the ship, clicked on her and she said "I serve the Banshee Queen" and "I watch, I listen". Those two lines combined could easily mean she is just a double agent for Sylvie. Though I hope she truly changed and that she's gonna confront Sylvanas about her betrayal. The Dark Rangers were the most loyal subjects of hers.

Perhaps they are setting for a future dark ranger class, at least assuming Delaryn will eventually return to the Alliance at some point.

Then again, this smells like Azshara treatment to me. We're going to be told for already two expansions Sylvanas is the Devil by everyone and their mother, then have us not kill her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Disappointing. I don’t see why anyone would want to be part of the Horde at this stage. With Baine as Warchief it’s all but under the Alliance’s boot.
    While it is very surprising indeed, but even on those very forums some people love new "horde". So you could believe that some in-game characters can kind of accept it too. And some might just lie to keep their ranks, not everyone is happy being exile.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this line is actually funny.

I refuse to be a slave to this torment.
    Spit to famous Sylvanas quote.

What are we if not slaves to this torment?

It can still happen. We know that Calia will not join forsaken from an interview and she already meetup with the undead sentinels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well horde has anduins blessing now, so her choice seems obvious. Not to mention that now she can serve her real queen Calia.

No reason to trust her.