Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Now that I think about it, almost every war in Warcraft had some form of genocide or its main goal was genocide of some group.
    And they always go with the "See that? See how all those soldiers are having fun? Thats EVIL!"

"Now go wipe out some Murloc villages."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    So. Dark Rangers who served Sylvanas for years and were her most trusted elite can defect from her to the Horde. While undead night elfs who were risen out of spite and have no purpose in the Horde cant defect to Alliance?
    Calia's doing something with them, but I don't know what it is leading to.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Now that I think about it, almost every war in Warcraft had some form of genocide or its main goal was genocide of some group.
    Not only that, we commit genocide on daily basis and nobody cares. But then again its mostly on untermensh and undesireables. I mean island expeditions in nutshell are basically extermination of natives,

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Not only that, we commit genocide on daily basis and nobody cares. But then again its mostly on untermensh and undesireables.
    As far as i recall only species that got genocided by murderhobos were trolls and mogu...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And they always go with the "See that? See how all those soldiers are having fun? Thats EVIL!"

"Now go wipe out some Murloc villages."
    After the dozens of times murlocs mauled my priest in vanilla while she was minding her own damn business, I am happy to wipe out their villages.

-.-
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    After the dozens of times murlocs mauled my priest in vanilla while she was minding her own damn business, I am happy to wipe out their villages.

-.-
    Killing them makes you no better than Sylvanas, or shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i recall only species that got genocided by murderhobos were trolls and mogu...
    And murlocs, virmen, kobolds, drogbar, youngol, sethrak, blood trolls, and many many more. Just dehumanize your enemy and you can murder anything.

I really fail to see how say night elves are any diffrent.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, we commit genocide on daily basis and nobody cares. But then again its mostly on untermensh and undesireables. I mean island expeditions in nutshell are basically extermination of natives,
    “Champion”!!

Stop these vile (poor, starving, and desperate) “lower race” from stealing my pumpkins!

Murder half their clan and chief. I’ll give you 30 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Champion”!!

Stop these vile (poor, starving, and desperate) “lower race” from stealing my pumpkins!

Murder half their clan and chief. I’ll give you 30 gold.
    And don't ask questions. Remember if you never ask questions you can still think that you are the good guy.

And murlocs, virmen, kobolds, drogbar, youngol, sethrak, blood trolls, and many many more. Just dehumanize your enemy and you can murder anything.

I really fail to see how say night elves are any diffrent.
    None of those races shown signs of communication or capitulated before hobos , they threw themself at us until they were all spent. While btw those of them who DID talked were spared like those Drogbars from another tribe, whats their name. And Sethralis loyal Sethrak. Night elfs literally gave up to the point where their Arch Priestess only asked Hero to make sure occupation is humane (aka political term for oiling up your butt for penetration) and then they got genocided.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those races shown signs of communication or capitulated before hobos , they threw themself at us until they were all spent. While btw those of them who DID talked were spared like those Drogbars from another tribe, whats their name. Night elfs literally gave up to the point where their Arch Priestess only asked Hero to make sure occupation is humane (aka political term for oiling up your butt for penetration) and then they got genocided.
    So did nelves. I mean that one nelf was talking shit to sylvanas to very end. They deserved that.

So did nelves. I mean that one nelf was talking shit to sylvanas to very end. They deserved that.
    They didnt. And you arguing in bad faith now since Delaryn wasnt arguing in terms of “we willfight you till the end” but rather simply said that hope cannot be killed, which means nothing. Oh and she wasnt a leader of night elfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didnt. And you arguing in bad faith now since Delaryn wasnt arguing in terms of “we willfight you till the end” but rather simply said that hope cannot be killed, which means nothing. Oh and she wasnt a leader of night elfs.
    And yet she didn't care about what situation she was in. Fully deserved. Talk shit - get shot. All in all no diffrent from us culling all the generic talking heads/rare mobs that we kill all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Has a Warcraft ever directly lied like that? Seems like it'd be a first.
    *cough* morally gray *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Killing them makes you no better than Sylvanas, or shit like that.
    The day I lose sleep over whether or not my video game character is better than another video character, is the day I check myself into a nice place with soft walls.

And yet she didn't care about what situation she was in. Fully deserved. Talk shit - get shot. All in all no diffrent from us culling all the generic talking heads/rare mobs that we kill all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

*cough* morally gray *cough*
    You literally playing dumb now. And here i hoped for a small spark of intellect in the endless dark tunnel of “lul kek” conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally playing dumb now. And here i hoped for a small spark of intellect in the endless dark tunnel of “lul kek” conversations.
    Nope. You are the one who refuses to accept that genocide is 0/1 scenario. There is no lesser genocide or acceptable one. Its either is, or is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    One good thing that came of Sylvanas's leadership: the various branches (Deathguards, Darkstalkers, Dark Rangers, etc.) are used to being highly compartmentalized, meaning they can operate efficiently without needing a central figure coordinating everything. With Lillian filling the role Rok'han does (giving the Forsaken a voice in the Council), that also addresses any concerns the Forsaken might have about not having a say in the Horde going forward.

However, Blizzard really needs to take some time and have someone step up and lead the orcs, and Forsaken. Two of the original four Horde races are leaderless and running on cobbled-together temporary governments, or without any central government at all and are just focused on day to day survival. Hell, the blood elves are still running on a regency that was supposed to be a short-term stopgap while they dealt with their near-extinction, the Mag'har haven't appointed a new Warchief officially, and the vulpera don't have any recognizable structure in their society (again, a matter of necessity considering the situation we found them in). But instead of focus on this, Blizz just keeps throwing Horde characters into the meat grinder and putting power-mad tyrants in charge to drive the plot forward every time they run out of ideas, leaving the Horde a broken mess of temporary and incomplete governments, in some cases for over a decade.

edit: Had forgotten Rokhan officially took up being the Darkspear chieftain, finally giving them a leader after going completely leaderless since Vol'jin's death. The orcs remain without a leader, and the Forsaken are managing well enough for now but should find a permanent form of government, ditto the blood elves.
    That's true. How can 3 vulpera represent the rest of their race when they are all nomads without a government?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah but this is Sylvanas' elites.
    lol she called them all nothing publicly.

Why is it that people will insist that there's no mind control going on but then people get upset when Forsaken act against Sylvanas and almost get offended on her behalf over it. Either you want them to all just act in lockstep with Sylvanas as if they are mind controlled, or allow characters who have been slighted by her to not just keep continuing to support her.

She literally insults the Horde, including her own people, publicly, out in the open, right to their faces. And then flees, leaving whatever potential repercussions they could have faced, alone. It would have been completely unnatural if all the Forsaken suddenly just kept supporting her. She made absolutely no effort to try and get the people she pretends to care about out of potential harm's way.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-11-13 at 08:41 PM.

Nope. You are the one who refuses to accept that genocide is 0/1 scenario. There is no lesser genocide or acceptable one. Its either is, or is not.
    Not in WoW. Plus each of those scenarios should be taken and dissected separately since they all happen under different circumstances and we deal different amount of damage. For example killing blood trolls because they wanted to summon G’uun and turn entire Zandalar into corrupted, moldy wasteland might count as genocide but in that situation enemy is nearly hiveminded and acts against all life, attempting a genocide. While in case of Sethrak we helped un-corrupted ones against those who chose worshipping Old God spawn over Sethralis and nearly doomed entire island. Night elfs were not planning on doing anything like that, were capable of parlay and compromise (which they did before btw) and gave up officially and then they were murdered. If you dont see a difference then you should really visit a doctor, you might be retarded and disabled.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-13 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    That's true. How can 3 vulpera represent the rest of their race when they are all nomads without a government?
    "They are all nomads"
    "They live on a single island nation with the Zandalari Empire"

They're as much a formal faction as the Steamweedle Goblins are.