Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    The opposite of Light according to that is Void, not undead

The moment that picture came out I thought that the using the light to fight undead no longer made sense
    People put way too much stock into the positioning on that chart. It's a pretty representation of the cosmic forces, not a math equation. There's evidence of pretty much every one of those forces being mixed with each other in some capacity, there's no hard rule for any of them being some kind of magnetic opposite to another.

Forsaken holy priests feel the burn, sure, but Calia was made through some kind of combo of Light and Necromancy and doesn't seem to be in constant agony so clearly it's possible for the two to co-exist.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

I hope the final result is glowing irises like Valeera Sanguinar’s model. Where the eyes glow, but the iris is brighter and more defined.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I don't, it ruined for me. I think the glowing eyes are part of being a DK, it's a hero class and as such it should have a hero class features that makes them distinct from a warrior or a paladin, that is not just gear, and even more today that you can just wear everything you want as long it's plate.

Why would the glowy eyes even annoy you as a dk?
    I don't think really many people see DK as a hero class anymore. Just a class. It is different in that you can play it with any race and you get special modification with it. The glow just made them lifeless. Not just dead lifeless. Machine lifeless.
    Look at the change for the nightelfs. The face git sooooo much more character than before.
    It looked shit. But there you have it.^^
    You can't discuss taste. Blizz feels that way. Playerbase is als always split.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    People put way too much stock into the positioning on that chart. It's a pretty representation of the cosmic forces, not a math equation. There's evidence of pretty much every one of those forces being mixed with each other in some capacity, there's no hard rule for any of them being some kind of magnetic opposite to another.

Forsaken holy priests feel the burn, sure, but Calia was made through some kind of combo of Light and Necromancy and doesn't seem to be in constant agony so clearly it's possible for the two to co-exist.
    Sure the positioning is just random...

We just happen to have opposite to each other:

Light-Shadow
    Life-Death
    Order-Disorder

Just a big coincidence

To me it's not a DK if it doesn't having blue glowing eyes. It defeats the purpose of being a Dk and that made them distinct.

Not really enjoying those changes :/

Or does this means something, their eyes not glowing? Is it because the helm was broken? Still wouldn't make sense to me any of that. I don't know what to think or say lol

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCfekBmgHsg
    I for one welcome the chance to not look like im about to shit my pants

Well, just whatever it's their final product, i hope you can still tell it's a dk with blue some-glowish eyes. Intensity reduced it's fine by me as long as i can still tell it's a dk and not a high elf for example.
    I completely agree. I don't think a static picture does justice to things like this because as we know, glowing things flicker a little bit and really accentuate the idea that it's glowing. A static picture can't show that. I have no doubt that if the eyes are "glowing" that we'll be able to tell in the final product.

7+ Year Old Account
    i always though Dks didn't had eyes, they were plucked by the LK, and you could only see by magic,i remember reading that somewhere, or was just tripping balls

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well goofy can be fun
    Goofy was a dog, not a wolf

10+ Year Old Account
    I think (hope) this has little to do with the light levels. I think they are simply replacing the flat 'glow' particles with an eyeball mesh that 'glows' (100% ambience).

The blue eyeballs under the bright glow were always there, you just couldn't see them. The way DK models worked was that the eyes underneath were blue, but there was a semi-transparent square in front of the eyes with the bright blue circle inscribed in it. (some might call it a sprite!) This was how they achieved alpha-blending that made DK eyes glow even inside shaded hoods (because shaded hoods in WoW are just semi-transparent spheres that cover part of the head in a gray mask). The DK eye effect ignored the alpha channels of anything in front of them so they could glow through them, but then also could just disappear if an eye-obscuring helmet was equipped. This was the source of the very long-standing bug after the new models were introduced of human DKs having just solid blue eyes and no glow effect unless they logged off and back on again because the sprite was simply missing. I don't even know if that was ever fixed.

ANYWAY, so this change on the PTR, so far, is just ... they deleted that sprite. If this was the final iteration, that would be no bueno, but I'm pretty sure this is because they intend to add something else there, like the DH eye effect which is pretty much the same method as the original DK eye, but animated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i always though Dks didn't had eyes, they were plucked by the LK, and you could only see by magic,i remember reading that somewhere, or was just tripping balls
    that is how demon hunters' eyes work. they've stabbed them out and see by way of fel magic. DKs still have eyes, but they glow blue with some sort of magic flame like the LK's eyes do. when Arthas was defeated, his eyes went back to looking totally normal again, except he was literally blind, and then died a couple of seconds later.
    Last edited by tychodin; 2019-11-13 at 11:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tychodin View Post
    that is how demon hunters' eyes work. they've stabbed them out and see by way of fel magic. DKs still have eyes, but they glow blue with some sort of magic flame like the LK's eyes do. when Arthas was defeated, his eyes went back to looking totally normal again, except he was literally blind, and then died a couple of seconds later.
    yeah i do know DH work like that, butim pretty sure i read this about DKs too, that their eyes were plucked so the LK could see from then, they wre empty "mirrors" or something like that,it was rly along time since i did the DK questline.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Sure the positioning is just random...

We just happen to have opposite to each other:

Light-Shadow
    Life-Death
    Order-Disorder

Just a big coincidence
    Sure, it looks better thematically that way.

You're still making some leaps to assume that they're some kind of polar opposites that can't interact with each other based on that chart, especially when we have evidence to the contrary in some cases.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with it if it was an option but I haven't seen anything confirming that. Only that it is an upcoming change which I don't like after seeing what they look like after the glow is taken away.

However if they update it so they they still glow but without the super bright "headlight" look to it that'd be fine. The eye glow is one of the main features for those characters. Taking them away would just ruin them.

Also I don't understand why Blizzard has to constantly listen to the few people who complain about shit like this. There has been so many sound effects taken away from the game like the helicopter noise for the Flying Machine mount, the engine noise of the engineer's craftable motorcycle, the little spittoon toy that used to make a "ting" noise when you "spit" in the cup (like the classic western spittoon), and just recently I have been noticing that when crafting as an engineer it no longer has the sound effect it used to have. It's now just the generic interaction noise.

I'm just so sick of Blizzard ruining the little things in this game all because a group of 10 people find it annoying. They're minor things but they add up and once they do it's starts to ruin the fun.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-11-14 at 04:48 PM.

So these are the actual changes... I doubt the ARs are complete on the PTR. That said, I really like the new changes. Look far more DK in my eyes (har har) than the glowing headlamps.

I'm assuming this is to make room for glowing eye customization options, which is why I'm dealing with it. Red eyed DK, here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

back when the crab guy was the lead dev, he touched on the subject of forsaken holy priests, and said that lore-wise, there actually aren't any - just shadow priests. but there's what makes sense for lore and what makes sense for the game, and they're not always the same thing.

They should fix the WotLK cinematic too, remove all the glow.

Only understandable reason for to make this change is if they make their eyes glow on combat or active etc... just like in WotLK cinematic or Shadowlands cinematic.

Sure, it looks better thematically that way.

You're still making some leaps to assume that they're some kind of polar opposites that can't interact with each other based on that chart, especially when we have evidence to the contrary in some cases.
    On the contrary, I was saying that I see no problem with Lightforged Draenei DK's if we have Forsaken or Void Elf priests.

5+ Year Old Account
    Call me crazy if you want, but I always thought that the WotLK glowing eyes were horrible. The PTR version is much better imo, even for a WIP (which presumably is).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

so i hope no one is taking the video linked by the OP as gospel. you cant create allied/pandaren dks on the ptr (shadowlands feature) and if it was the demo from blizzcon, you HAVE to know its a WIP

imo the glowing orbs INFRONT of the eyes looks bad. if they could have incorporated it into the eye and just give us a switch for bright/dim it would work out great

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn