Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Why aren't they publishing WoW books like they did it back in Cata and MoP?
    well they kinda fed up the ones they just came out with so......its almost a good thing they arent.

e.g
    - Before the storm is now negated due to the change to sylvanas and her whole deal with the jailor.
    - The change to chronicles being a titan pov.

honestly, they should just keep all lore to the game, most ppl dont even read the books and they just limit blizzard anyway. keeps the mystery too.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people kept complaining that they shouldn't have to read out of game material to get information on lore and story. And rightly so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    well they kinda fed up the ones they just came out with so......its almost a good thing they arent.

e.g
    - Before the storm is now negated due to the change to sylvanas and her whole deal with the jailor.
    - The change to chronicles being a titan pov.

honestly, they should just keep all lore to the game, most ppl dont even read the books and they just limit blizzard anyway. keeps the mystery too.
    Also this. Why release a book if they're just gonna fucking retcon what was in it anyway less than 2 years later?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are people who really enjoy the books so I don't see an issue with them being made, but I agree with the other people that major storylines should be kept inside the game itself. Even as someone who isn't into lore it was really aggravating to have big world-impacting events happen in these books I had no interest or intention in reading. I think it was very poor form to have anything of import occur outside the game itself. If they've decided to stop doing that, I am 100% in favour.

Warcraft is a much beloved franchise and lots of people like fantasy novels so I think it makes sense for books to exist for those that want them, but they should either be in-depth retellings of events that transpire within the game, or other parallel stories that just happen to exist in that world. The warcraft universe is massive; it doesn't seem hard to write tales that include characters that are minor or unknown within the game but still provide a compelling story to read.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think they reigned in the number of authors which means fewer books, I'd imagine we will have another book between expansions though.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

My guess is a couple of reasons. One, all the old books fleshed out the history of Azeroth and tied into the origins of WoW. Then you started seeing mainly tie in novels to bridge the gaps between xpacs. Second guess is they don't want anyone to show up the novelist they just hired

I enjoy the WoW books. I would enjoy seeing a lot more.

Lately they've just been used to bridge expansions. It's too bad. I enjoy books that expand the lore as well.

A lot of people hate that out of game information even exists however. They want everything to be represented ingame. Even if it is a format that leads itself poorly to getting proper insight into the mind of characters. I do agree that you should be able to follow the story without needing out of game into. But I do enjoy the extra insight, and building up new lore, that the books do.

What I'm really beginning to miss is the other out of game stuff. The free stories. The comics. They've been getting less and less. We got the Warbringers for BfA and lead-up stories. But otherwise it all seems told through cinematic. Which is amazing, I do admit. But the short stories and comics are often great little stories that are an extension onto the basic lore. Like, the Warlords. And all those MoP reputation faction stories. I'd love some free stories that give us insight into the Covenants in the Shadowlands for the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they put it in the game.