Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    back in the day when i started playing i used to keep "being dead" and walk across the map as a ghost, in case of someting new, something that could be seen only as a spirit.
    pretty stupid tho, also tried crossing the ocean from one continent to another as a ghost.
    The doom of worlds wakes once more!

It would be so funny, if shadowlands had quests where you have to kill real dead players playing older expansions. "Mob-spawnrates" like in classic.

SL Quest: "Kill 10 noobs from TBC".
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Deus Ex Machina.

Because in lore the player character, "the Adventurer", is never killed.

They are a Champion of Azeroth with powers on par with some of the greatest heroes in the history of the world.

if you were desperate to justify a gameplay mechanic through lore, you could say that any time you die in game is actually a "near death experience" instead?
    Battle for Azeroth: Grand Marshal Hottage | Classic: Hottage | Overwatch | Diablo III
    PC Specs: Intel i5 8600K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H60 | 16GB DDR4 @ 3.2Ghz | ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Twin Fan | Gigabyte Z370N
    WD Black NVMe 1TB | Toshiba P300 3TB | NZXT H200 Black/Red | Corsair SF750 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Nvidia SHIELD 32GB LTE | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red | Razer Blackwidow X Chroma | ViewSonic XG2730

You don't die. You're just out of hit points.
    And that's what healing gives you back. Hit points. Meaning how many hits you can take before you fall down helpless.
    When you release you have a chance to return to your corpse and by doing so you get some hit points back.

You can consider it like a condition where someone looks like dead and suddenly wake up. (It really exist in real life).

The option that you get to rez at the graveyard means that you were in that condition too long until someone carried you there, hence the debuff.

If you're quiting send me your gold.
    For The AllianceFor The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Why I did not stay ?

(This is a thread about a philosophical question that is rarely well developed in VGames (except Bioshock)-why, in a setting where dead is omnipresent, you can come back over and over, when death is not waved off by ''save points'' ?

Why, of all beings of Azeroth, our characters do not cross the Acheron ? (Yes, because they are our characters, but you get my idea)
    Since you did not post in the LORE forum, but General discussion - it simply is: Game mechanics. As answered here:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I just always assumed it was because player deaths outside the ones scripted into encounters(like Lich King) never actually happened. It is a video game mechanic, and the video filters involved are just for dramatic effect.
    Indeed. Reminds me of the wipes in the 15th anniversary effect. "This is not how it is supposed to happen" - and you redo the thing.

In addition, my first thought was: "In 2004, they themselves were fairly clueless on some parts and a Shadowland x-pac very likely absolutely NOT on their mind"

Ofc they could have made it so that we never die, but are unconscious at 1 HP - not that it makes sense, after all there are quests in BRM where you need to be dead to see an NPC and there is no Shadowlands thingy.

So - as with many there is a plot hole which you either can get over or suspend your disbelief or have fun arguing over it

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    You don't die. You're just out of hit points.
    And that's what healing gives you back. Hit points. Meaning how many hits you can take before you fall down helpless.
    When you release you have a chance to return to your corpse and by doing so you get some hit points back.

You can consider it like a condition where someone looks like dead and suddenly wake up. (It really exist in real life).

The option that you get to rez at the graveyard means that you were in that condition too long until someone carried you there, hence the debuff.
    Sounds like LotRO. Unless it changed at some point. You don't have HP, you have morale, and when it's depleted you don't die, you become defeated.

Because outside a few exceptions those deaths never happen in-universe. Hence why things like the forsaken, death knights, and even demon hunters are special. They are either attached to their/someones elses body like dks/undead or their souls are perpetual like demon hunters pc.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Why I did not stay ?

(This is a thread about a philosophical question that is rarely well developed in VGames (except Bioshock)-why, in a setting where dead is omnipresent, you can come back over and over, when death is not waved off by ''save points'' ?

Why, of all beings of Azeroth, our characters do not cross the Acheron ? (Yes, because they are our characters, but you get my idea)
    Gameplay mechanics. The PC does not canonically die except in a couple quests/fighting LK etc.

Them Kyrians are playing with us in death, so we never cross over. They don't give a damn about leaders dying so they can feck off to the Shadowlands...

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Gameplay mechanics. The PC does not canonically die except in a couple quests/fighting LK etc.
    For the record, things you kill don't respawn either. They have to write around that. Like Kel'Thuzad, for example. He's a lich, and when you kill him and recover his phylactery, the person you give it to betrays the Argent Dawn and allows Kel'Thuzad to be revived.