Is there a canonical population count?

Do we know the population of Azeroth? Or any of the major races? Capital cities? Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    Do we know the population of Azeroth? Or any of the major races? Capital cities? Anything?
    I think there was something in old non-canon RPG.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The RPG guide had some rough figures for certain places afaik, but that is no longer considered canon and after 15 years of WoW the data would be completely outdated anyway.

Edit: If you can't find it on wowpedia it's probably not mentioned anywhere else either. Thats the stuff you'd usually see make it's way to wikias in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-11-14 at 11:26 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I think that the only canon numbers were in the Lich King novel I believe, where it was stated that Alliance lost between 20 000 and 50 000 soldiers during the Northrend campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    The RPG used to have numbers.

I think the only numbers that are apart of the main game are the High/Blood Elf Silvermoon population numbers. 100k before Arthas, 10k after, Prince Kaelthas took 1k to fight with Alliance/into Outlands.

That might be apart of the RPG though, but I swear it's in in game lore somewhere.

Just FYI RPG was never considered canon
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Why ask for anything that's canonical? They rewrite shit every expansion. I've seen that Stormwind has like 200,000 but that's probably not true anymore.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Hard to tell without an official statement it feels like.

Alliance goes from soldiers going to war every expansion to now needing to call in their farmers as they are running low on soldiers as seen in the "Lost Honor" cinematic.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    Hard to tell without an official statement it feels like.

Alliance goes from soldiers going to war every expansion to now needing to call in their farmers as they are running low on soldiers as seen in the "Lost Honor" cinematic.
    Orcs go from a small band of prisoners escaping on stolen ships to being the dominant race of a continent wide faction. And are appearently still equal to Alliance after two civil wars.

Thought the most blatant example has to be Void Elves - small part of a race that was slaughtered by Arthas and lost some of its' members when they decided to stay as High Elves. Despite that, Void Elves manage to be a significant part of Alliance forces during BFA, including raising dead raptors right next to Zandalari capital - and thus being right in the middle of action.

Oh, and let's not forget any random vehicle quest, which has players (on any side) slaughter hundreds of enemy soldiers. So even if there were any official numbers, they'd have to also acknowledge that half of ingame quests are non-canon. Otherwise, PCs would have slain half of Azeroth's populace by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Otherwise, PCs would have slain half of Azeroth's populace by themselves.
    We shouldn't be allowed to choose covenant. We should be tossed directly to The Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    We shouldn't be allowed to choose covenant. We should be tossed directly to The Maw.
    I get the joke, but we are, though not for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I get the joke, but we are, though not for that reason.
    Maw-walkers, that's who we are

No, but I'm sure we will have 1.3 billions of Chinese with the new customizations in Shadownlands