Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuugumo View Post
    You know, you have a point, but I do think that Retail has had changes that are irreversible at this stage. You cant take off Flying for example.
    Its better to try and fail with classic than to leave it to die.
    I get what you mean.
    But I also think that making TBC and WoTLK servers is possibly the best thing to do.
    It's difficult to see Blizzard making content to tack onto Classic while keeping it Classic, especially considering the change in technology and mentality at Blizzard.
    One thing to restore Classic, another to make new content altogether that fits into that game design frame from over a decade ago.

I would be ok if they released some servers running bc pre patch (minus the ready access to PvP gear), so we would have access to the specs and unlimited debuff slots.

I would be against if they did that to all the servers.

For some people classic must be no changes and they are taking it super serious about doing naxx to the end, others just want to have fun and access to the old days gameplay.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

the fact that so many people are crying about a possibly and likely(?) classic+ with flying, barber, paladin taunt, balance changes, harder content etc....

....is just a proof that classic+ will release and blizzard is smart enough to follow the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    the fact that so many people are crying about a possibly and likely(?) classic+ with flying, barber, paladin taunt, balance changes, harder content etc....

....is just a proof that classic+ will release and blizzard is smart enough to follow the majority.
    hold your breath until they announce it. should happen any day now right?...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    In Vanilla High elves were part of the Alliance though, and Blood elves were actually neutral/Illidari.
    A Classic+ would build upon vanilla, not retcon it.

Blood elves in the Horde never made sense, and was a forced thing back in TBC. The High elves in Vanilla are Alliance, and the High elves had very very bad blood with the Horde. Furthermore, the Blood elves actually being on Azeroth outside of a few individuals was a retcon, according to Vanilla lore, Quel'thalas had been almost entirely destroyed with it's entire population slain. Blood elves were in Outland with Illidan.
    So adding a playable race based 3 outpost in eastern kingdoms.... numberwise doesn't make anysense nor gameplaywise... starting zones, classes, racial leaders and capital.....

15+ Year Old Account
    NO

No damn Classic+.
    Keep Classic, release TBC again after some time.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Logics of idiots:

"Just admit Classic is terrible and not as good as you remembered."

Dude, we want Classic+ because WE WANT MORE OF IT. When Phase 6 is done and Naxx is puggable, WE WANT MORE. That's how good classic is. Ofc people will add some changes they personally want. Most of it was asked for during all of vanilla (lowering the hybrid tax, making them more viable for PvE. Taunt for Paladins etc). But what Classic+ means is just more content, not changes.
    No. It doesn't. It means you want some changes in some regard. I want Classic+ to not be stupid broken with terrible and inefficient specs/classes, easing up the hybrid tax, and removing some of the stupid limitations that Vanilla originally had. Classic as it is now is a terribly designed game and it doesn't matter how many people enjoy it. People enjoy Spam more than lobster, that doesn't make Spam a magnificent aphrodisiac now. It just means people will have terrible taste buds regardless of what's put in front of them.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Majority ? Couple ppl on forums/reddit xd ? Which are a tiny % of population of players

10+ Year Old Account

What 'majority'?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    No. It doesn't. It means you want some changes in some regard. I want Classic+ to not be stupid broken with terrible and inefficient specs/classes, easing up the hybrid tax, and removing some of the stupid limitations that Vanilla originally had. Classic as it is now is a terribly designed game and it doesn't matter how many people enjoy it. People enjoy Spam more than lobster, that doesn't make Spam a magnificent aphrodisiac now. It just means people will have terrible taste buds regardless of what's put in front of them.
    Hopefully when designing Classic+ Blizzard has enough sense to consult you, and you alone, to ensure the game is up to your indiscriminate standards.

how is this thread still alive? everything OP asked for is not what classic (or classic+ for that matter stands for). same philosophy, just more content after naxx

10+ Year Old Account

Dude just drop the rampant speculation already. There's no proof at all, and to be fair TBC is a LOT more likely for obvious reasons. The main one being it's the 'safe' option, easier to develop (most assets intact) with guaranteed returns.

You think the classic player base is bigger than it really is. It's pretty niche, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    So adding a playable race based 3 outpost in eastern kingdoms.... numberwise doesn't make anysense nor gameplaywise... starting zones, classes, racial leaders and capital.....
    At the time you had the remains of an entire Kingdom as well, Quel'thalas.

As you can see here in early plans Quel'thalas was clearly marked Alliance.

Before TBC no one even considered remotely that they'd take an iconic Alliance race and give it to the Horde.
    It'd be like taking Ogres or Trolls and giving them to the Alliance. and in the game, High elf npcs were part of the Alliance and Blood elf npcs were neutral/hostile.

And yes even in Vanilla you had the distinction, High elves had blue eyes, Blood elves had red eyes and wore red.

As for starting zones, Vanilla had several races sharing starting zones. High elves would have started in Elwynn.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2019-12-07 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    Where is this Classic+?
    That's true there a differing opinions as to what is a problem with Classic WoW though the majority would confirm that certain Class/Specs were highly represented or not throughout Classic experience. There are a number of biases attributed to these specs. Balance, Ret, Feral, etc.. Obvious specs that were underperforming and/or were incredibly boring. You may say otherwise but, facts are facts. No one can deny they sucked ass.

Another would be the honor system favoring time investment and not skill. If you dedicate your life for 8+ hours a day you'll achieve the higher ranks. It doesn't matter if you can 5vs1 R14s as a Boomkin if you can't commit to the same amount of hours.

Releasing BC will only exacerbate the problems as I previously stated that retail suffers from. Content drought, World PvP being destroyed, old content being irrelevant, leveling experience is tedious, etc. I wanted Classic as a means to reset what's been done with the current version retail. I don't want to see a trend that leads right back to the problems retail faces today.

What retail has offered thus far is simply building a city ontop of a city to fix the problem of bad infrastructure. The underlying core is messy and going back to fix the inherent problem becomes harder and harder. Introduce new features that are positive to the WoW atmosphere rather than releasing expansion content that sweeps the bad under the rug. I'm not saying we shouldn't release TBC or Wrath but, rather implement them in such a fashion that they can coexist alongside the Classic WoW content. It should be an alternative rather than a linear path to which content you should be doing.

Retail releasing a level squish and giving the option to do all the dungeons from 10-50 from nearly all of the expansions is the ideal way of handling content. Choice is important and you shouldn't force a linear path in terms of gameplay. It was necessary for the time because the resources and capabilities weren't there. It's time to move forward with engaging a community into PvE & PvP activities rather than bandaiding a battlegroup system with BGs. Move towards alternative paths for people to experience rather than being stuck in the same experience.
    I'd like to point out that I see more fair and enjoyable WPvP experiences on Retail than Classic. On Classic (Incendius-Us Alliance) every max level zone is fully occupied by horde that camp every Alliance FP, heavily control BRM, and make it impossible to play the game.
    On Retail (Area 52-US Horde), skirmishes between Alliance and Horde in Newhome and Nazjatar are pretty common, fun to play, and very fair. It's usually a tug of war where we push to their camp, they to ours, etc.

So, if you consider only fighting targets with no chance of fighting back WPvP, then, sure, Classic is better for it. But if you want the spirit of competition, I'm getting that more from Retail atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats called..bfa

Dont like classic. Play retail. All you mentioned is alreasy there.
    You know what else is also there? A bunch of things he didn't mention (because he doesn't want those). It's willfully ignorant to ignore all the others issues people have with retail because somebody wants to have pet-battling or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    it only continued the bad trend we see currently in retail.

The same people in charge of the "bad trend" in current retail would be responsible for the changes you think they should make to Classic. So they'd make the changes, and then you and everyone like you would be here complaining about how they're "dumbing down" Classic because of "retail babies". You're all fucking insatiable, to the point where it's just grating. Your parents should have taught you the age old adage of "you get what you're given" so that you might finally be content with something.

Fucking hell.

I dont see it happening. For them to create new items, zones, quests, dungeons & raids in classic would be a huge risk. Stats must go up, rewards must go up. Iconic weapons in current classic is suddenly deemed useless. Then, when that new classic+ content is over they gotta repeat the process all over again. Higher stat values, higher healthpools, higher dps numbers, new rewards.

All the raids in current classic will also be obsolete and useless.

To launch a classic+ would be such a risk with so many traps to fall through I dont see it happening. Would it be cool? Of course it would, but I doubt blizzard will take the risk.

And what about those people that want classic and just classic? One day they log in to find out that they gotta level another 10 levels. Current classic raids is worthless, theres new ones now and so on.

They already said they can launch BC with much less work now since they did most of the job when creating classic. So thats a pretty safe bet.

Classic hype is over, the masses have moved on. Then launch BC and everyone goes batshit crazy once again. Classic should last maybe 2 years? Then BC another 2+ years.

Maybe after that we see some sort of classic/bc+ thing. But now? Man anything new coming for classic/bc is years from now.

It should've happened already. I wouldn't bother with it anymore after already basically done with current Classic. Classic is already leaking players left and right anyway, it's slowly dying. Small peaks again when they release new raids probably. Blizzard really should've just released ALL Classic content immediately to keep masses interested. Now it's just a small portion of the "original" player base left reliving the past.

I honestly couldn't be more bored with Molten Core already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    At the time you had the remains of an entire Kingdom as well, Quel'thalas.

As you can see here in early plans Quel'thalas was clearly marked Alliance.

Before TBC no one even considered remotely that they'd take an iconic Alliance race and give it to the Horde.
    It'd be like taking Ogres or Trolls and giving them to the Alliance. and in the game, High elf npcs were part of the Alliance and Blood elf npcs were neutral/hostile.

And yes even in Vanilla you had the distinction, High elves had blue eyes, Blood elves had red eyes and wore red.

As for starting zones, Vanilla had several races sharing starting zones. High elves would have started in Elwynn.
    So you are using map which is dated in 1999 to prove your point? were ulduar was an entire continent and still the whole kingdoms remanants owed their loyalty to Kael as he was their prince and only member of sunstrider House and after what Garithos did to Kael and other alliance nations still kept supporting him it would make no sense for them ally with people who were ok in executing their monarch and huge amount of kin.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard introduces the following:

1.) New seasonal Classic realms that start over at Phase 1.
    2.) New TBC servers that you can freely copy over your level 60 character from
    3.) The option to keep your level 60 on the current realm until the end of time.
    4.) [Optional] Repeat the same idea for WotLK in 2 years.

Everybody wins. Classic doesn't die and remains the museum piece it was intended to be. Nobody gets butthurt about "their" version of Classic+ being ignored. No development time is lost since they already have the framework for TBC/WotLK in place.
    Is this your framework on how to kill off Classic? Stagnate and re-release the same content, then split the playerbase in 3 with expansions we've all played before that introduce the mistakes because of which most people desired classic in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I get what you mean.
    But I also think that making TBC and WoTLK servers is possibly the best thing to do.
    It's difficult to see Blizzard making content to tack onto Classic while keeping it Classic, especially considering the change in technology and mentality at Blizzard.
    One thing to restore Classic, another to make new content altogether that fits into that game design frame from over a decade ago.
    Its difficult to keep the classic mentality, but it can be pulled off. It is a way better option than just forsaking classic and rereleasing known expansions which most people playing classic do not want to play.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean... TBC, WotLK...etc?

Just play retail? Classic is that.. classic.