Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • It's animal cruelty.

11 73.33%
  • It's nature.

4 26.67%

Nature or cruelty?

-snip-
    This guy is feeding a live mouse to his fish, but the way this dude's reveling in the animals suffering, selective editing, etc it appears to me that it was done just to attract people who enjoy watching this kind of thing. There are a lot of people who are morbidly curious, so I guess there's that too. But to enjoy the pain of another living creature? Yeah, that crosses the line for me.

On the other hand, people will say that there's nothing wrong with this kind of thing because he's just feeding his fish, that it's natural. Context is, as always, important.

What do you people think?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-14 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Please provide a source with a content warning for feeding videos. Do not just post them in-thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cruelty and that kind of behaviour is not normal.

I once worked with a guy who fed his snake hamsters, not just fed them cut of their pawns so they couldn't run too far or scratch the snake. Same principle applies here such situations does not occur at all that often or at all in nature.

Wouldn't exclude a person doing that having psychopathic tendencies.

Feeding a fish in a tank isn't natural anyway, and it sounds like he's a lot more interested in just watching something suffer. Psychopath? Check.

It's blatant animal cruelty. Anyone looking at this person's behaviour would see that.

Mice aren't part of the Scleropages jardinii diet. If we ignore the obvious cruelty aspect of it, this moron is feeding his pet an animal that has sharp teeth and claws. All it takes is one lunge to the eye and this person will either have to pay a super expensive vet bill, or end up with an expensive dead pet. Dangerous and stupid, unlike a snake, a fish like that is going to find it harder to restrain the animal. There's a reason why insects, fish and crustaceans are its diet rather than terrestrial mammals. This type of fish will eat most things, dead or alive. It is nonsensical to give them a live mouse.

If this guy had to feed them a mouse, they could've given it frozen/thawed, humanely killed mouse. But they didn't because it would've been "too boring" and wanted to see it suffer I guess. A dead animal wouldn't attract the same amount of degenerates. Can't wait for all the naturalistic fallacy arguments people come up with for this. If you're so keen on the saying this is so natural, then don't clean the aquarium so it mimics a natural body of freshwater (which would be fetid and full of nasty microorganisms). Introduce a small crocodile for a real "wild" experience. People have a responsibility to take care of their animals, that means not putting them in risky situations. And it means not creating videos with the sole purpose to making another animal suffer, under the guise of "lul it nature guyz".

10am and I've allready had enough of the internet today.

Congratz Internet your somehow getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    It's blatant animal cruelty. Anyone looking at this person's behaviour would see that.

Mice aren't part of the Scleropages jardinii diet. If we ignore the obvious cruelty aspect of it, this moron is feeding his pet an animal that has sharp teeth and claws. All it takes is one lunge to the eye and this person will either have to pay a super expensive vet bill, or end up with an expensive dead pet. Dangerous and stupid, unlike a snake, a fish like that is going to find it harder to restrain the animal. There's a reason why insects, fish and crustaceans are its diet rather than terrestrial mammals. This type of fish will eat most things, dead or alive. It is nonsensical to give them a live mouse.

If this guy had to feed them a mouse, they could've given it frozen/thawed, humanely killed mouse. But they didn't because it would've been "too boring" and wanted to see it suffer I guess. A dead animal wouldn't attract the same amount of degenerates. Can't wait for all the naturalistic fallacy arguments people come up with for this. If you're so keen on the saying this is so natural, then don't clean the aquarium so it mimics a natural body of freshwater (which would be fetid and full of nasty microorganisms). Introduce a small crocodile for a real "wild" experience. People have a responsibility to take care of their animals, that means not putting them in risky situations. And it means not creating videos with the sole purpose to making another animal suffer, under the guise of "lul it nature guyz".
    Well said, agreed 100%

5+ Year Old Account
    Too many sympathize with the mouse, considering what vile creatures mice are...
    Mice are cruel brainless short lived vermin..worst is for female mice that are constantly pregnant, n are constantly impregnated even when already being pregnant...
    Once saw a video of a swarm of mice on an island eating a nesting baby bird while its still alive...

Dunno what fish is in video but its obviously not created for eating mice considering how bad it is at it..

Guy who made video is a moron...

I like snakes, but I don't think I could ever own one for this very reason. Also I'm not going to watch that video, I don't think I can stomach watching an animal suffer right now.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Would be nice watching him getting fed to a bunch of sharks, what a piece of shit.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Too many sympathize with the mouse, considering what vile creatures mice are...
    Mice are cruel brainless short lived vermin..worst is for female mice that are constantly pregnant, n are constantly impregnated even when already being pregnant...
    Once saw a video of a swarm of mice on an island eating a nesting baby bird while its still alive...

Dunno what fish is in video but its obviously not created for eating mice considering how bad it is at it..

Guy who made video is a moron...
    Mice are nicer than a whole lot of people, and that includes you apparently.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Mice are nicer than a whole lot of people, and that includes you apparently.
    Google mice + albatross...not so nice those mice..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Google mice + albatross...not so nice those mice..
    You are looking at it from a humancentric viewpoint. Wild animals do not have human morals, they don't know what right and wrong is. These behaviours you witness are primarily instinctual and cannot be helped. To say that they're "cruel" is as laughable as saying that a tornado is cruel.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cruelty.
    Yes things like snakes and certain fish have eating habits where they won't eat something unless they think it's alive or looks alive or even freshing dead.
    But we as human beings, with our abilities to create anything from synthetic replacements to things we need, we have the ability to feed carnivores without the suffering of the pray animal.

Fact that someone gets joy out of doing this shows a strong degree of psychopathy

15+ Year Old Account
    That guy should be castrated with a broken bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I doubt that fish would ever eat a mouse naturally. So he likely had to starve the fish. Its just torturing two animals for enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You feed pet snakes with dead animals. They buy them frozen and then thaw it out for your pet.
    Apparently, live animals being frosen to death just to indulge your whim of having a snake at home doesn't shatter your crystal castle of dignity since it happens somewhere else and is left unseen

Animals, for the most part, lack empathy... humans don't. And as such this prick is relishing animal cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You feed pet snakes with dead animals. They buy them frozen and then thaw it out for your pet.
    My python never took to frozen, did a head split, dangled it, she just looked at it. I don't see an issue with live feeding so long as the prey matches the predator. That wasn't the case with the OP's video.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I could eventually understand if it was a snake, since it's his normal diet (with lizards, etc), but not a fish...

Also, don't cry too much when you kill rodents yourself beause they're harmful. It doesn't shock me to see some of them ending as food for pets. Rats are a plague. Ask our australians friends.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please refrain from wishing harm on others. This thread will be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."